The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DDMF 6144 vst/au eq Equalizer Plugins
Old 24th November 2011
Lives for gear

....just to get this right....you emulated an emulation? or the analog version?

nevertheless it sounds really great....one thing though....it does not show any valid values (like frequencies or gain in dB) on my IPad (osc) remote....:(
might not be your fault but logics.....
Old 26th November 2011
Lives for gear

Tried the demo for about 5 minutes........no brainer, fantastic EQ for colour.
So smooth, great Q curves. You can crank it.

Thanks DDMF
Old 14th December 2011
Gear Nut

Low- and Highcuts added in version 1.1... not completely true to the original, but well, technology moves forward :-)
Old 14th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdued View Post
Low- and Highcuts added in version 1.1... not completely true to the original, but well, technology moves forward :-)

heh
Old 14th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Low- and Highcuts added
ahhhh Thank you! But, in the spirit of never-ending user-nitpicking ... would it be possible to use just a toggle button instead of a menu? Twice as much clicking as is necessary for the feature. Unless, there are plans to have more than two items in the menu?
Old 16th December 2011
J1k
Gear Head

Quote:
Nice move.

J1000
Old 17th December 2011
Gear Nut

The low-shelf and low-cut are active at the same time. So I figure you intend that they can be used together. I hope this is an interim UI design, since it makes more sense to have separate controls for both of them as they are both active.
Old 8th March 2012
Tried it and bought it
Put it against the fabfilter, the equality, the softube trident and the DDMF beat them (on vocals), at this price point it's a no brainer.

However if could add to the wishlist :

It would be nice to be able to see the low and hi cut filters all the time to avoid a few mouse clicks.

It would also be cool to be able to switch the low and hi cut filters off.

I'd like to be able to have more than 12 db's of cut/ boost (I know 12 db's is a lot but if you could listen to the tracks I get sent sometimes you'd know heh )

The polarity switch is also a very good idea me thinks.
Old 8th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario-C. View Post
I'd like to be able to have more than 12 db's of cut/ boost (I know 12 db's is a lot but if you could listen to the tracks I get sent sometimes you'd know heh )
Sure that what you´re missing is not another type of eq, with narrow cut eq for surgical purposes? (like the LP10 or IIEQpro)

Ciro
Old 8th March 2012
I hear ya, but It would be nice to have more options in one effect instead of opening several plugins, the GUI of the 6144 just works for me the other ones I didn't like that much (but they sound great)
Old 8th March 2012
Gear Nut

+1 on expanded UI with both the shelves and LP/HP visible at the same time
+1 on more LP/HP slope choices
Old 10th March 2012
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Tried the demo for about 5 minutes........no brainer, fantastic EQ for colour.
So smooth, great Q curves. You can crank it.

Thanks DDMF
You was right, I also tried it and bought it. For this amount of money is far more, than I could imagine.

Thanks DDMF
Old 10th March 2012
Gear Addict

I like it without the bells and whistles, I'm still rocking the whiteface version
Old 18th March 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonna View Post
+1 on expanded UI with both the shelves and LP/HP visible at the same time
Ditto.
Old 11th July 2012
It's a genius EQ, regarding how it sounds. love it. You get better results already by not having curves and anal-eyeser, actually, as one is forced to use ears more... I often don't use default GUIs with lots of plugins, since I find them too distracting from the sound. You'd be surprised how suddenly even 200$ up plugins don't sound much different from the 29$ or free ones. VST anal-eyeser only confirmed what I heard.

Anyway, the only thing I find kinda lacking, in my humblest opinion, in this EQ is slope control for the shelves. Nobody mentioned that. I find them slightly too steep. Now, I'm not criticising Rupert's design... just saying it would be nice to have control over the slopes, like 2-3 different settings perjaps? This one being the most steep one. It would make this EQ even more gentle sounding and nice. Even more usable. The thing is that I often use broad low shelves for attenuating bass frequencies and sometimes for highs, too. With this steep slopes it doesn't sound so nice as it could sound. Combine that with controllable HPF/LPF 6/12/18dB and this would be a perfect, no - PERFECT EQ for everything. Love it!

Cheers!
Old 11th July 2012
Lives for gear

My conclusion is the same - this eq sounds so sweet, and although I often like advanced visual control, I don't miss it at all in 6144. It works so well as it is, I really appreciate it's simplicity, I agree it makes one dial by hearing.

That said I also have a suggestion: I adore M-S control on EQ's, to be able to adjust mid and side independently. So now I'm thinking loud:
Maybe the EQ could come with two interfaces - one as it it now, as it works so well, and one with the extra options, individual shelf and cut filters with slope control and as icing on the cake M-S control. Just like PSP has two versions of some of their plugins, like the NobleEQ.

Just a thougt

::
Mads
Old 12th July 2012
Gear Maniac

Has anyone else been using this in Logic? I've noticed that occasionally the Hi Pass reverts back to Shelf mode if I close and reopen the plug. Other than that...truly lovely.
Old 12th July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung View Post
My conclusion is the same - this eq sounds so sweet, and although I often like advanced visual control, I don't miss it at all in 6144. It works so well as it is, I really appreciate it's simplicity, I agree it makes one dial by hearing.

That said I also have a suggestion: I adore M-S control on EQ's, to be able to adjust mid and side independently. So now I'm thinking loud:
Maybe the EQ could come with two interfaces - one as it it now, as it works so well, and one with the extra options, individual shelf and cut filters with slope control and as icing on the cake M-S control. Just like PSP has two versions of some of their plugins, like the NobleEQ.

Just a thougt

::
Mads
Funny, he also makes the IIEQ (which is excellent) that has m/s capabilities...
Old 26th August 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Funny, he also makes the IIEQ (which is excellent) that has m/s capabilities...
just hearing about this. Going to try tomorrow!
Old 27th August 2012
Lives for gear

Just bought all DDMF EQs, as long test of a lot of other EQs showed that nothing can beat these DDMFs in quality and flexibility, and for this price it is a steal.

DDMF EQIIPro beats Sonnox, Fabfilter and Equality, and 6144 is the most complete classic parametric, IMO much more interesting than those waves emulations. I could buy Duende, but DDMF is really works better.

And one very nice and important feature: DDMFs does not "emulate" harmonic distortion, and that's a very good thing, as EQs are for filtering, and saturators for saturating, if you want some "fat" —*place a decent saturator before or after decent EQ.

Thanks and my appreciation to mr. Docdued.
Old 26th September 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
Just bought all DDMF EQs, as long test of a lot of other EQs showed that nothing can beat these DDMFs in quality and flexibility, and for this price it is a steal.

DDMF EQIIPro beats Sonnox, Fabfilter and Equality, and 6144 is the most complete classic parametric, IMO much more interesting than those waves emulations. I could buy Duende, but DDMF is really works better.

Thanks and my appreciation to mr. Docdued.
That's interesting. I've been meaning to pick up his EQs.
Old 2nd December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiyn Zahav View Post
That's interesting. I've been meaning to pick up his EQs.
Well, I just picked up NI's "Massive" Passive EQ and Softubes Grandchannel and the DDMF was cheaper than both and way more useful on vocal tracks.

Lovely EQ, Lovely!
Old 2nd December 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mista min View Post
Well, I just picked up NI's "Massive" Passive EQ and Softubes Grandchannel and the DDMF was cheaper than both and way more useful on vocal tracks.

Lovely EQ, Lovely!
Agreed; I've wasted a lot of money picking up other EQs and keep returning to the 6144. It has well-thought-out band selection and curves and doesn't f*ck up the sound.
Old 6th December 2012
Lives for gear

Here's hoping for a DDMF version of the Portico 5043 Compressor.
Old 11th February 2013
Gear Addict

Question

Using this plug on a drum bus, and loving the sound.

However, when I deactivate the high shelf, I hear a significant reduction in HF content, though the shelf is set on 0db's. To my mind i should hear no difference at all. What am I missing here?
Old 12th February 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSon View Post
Using this plug on a drum bus, and loving the sound.

However, when I deactivate the high shelf, I hear a significant reduction in HF content, though the shelf is set on 0db's. To my mind i should hear no difference at all. What am I missing here?
Are you sure it's a reduction in HF content and there was no LF cut you dialed in with the low-shelf beforehand?
The switch bypasses both of the shelving EQs simultaneously.
I once had a similar experience when I found this out. Of course it says so on the button, but I never payed much attention to this before.

To switch them on and off separately could also be a possible additional feature for a future update, I think.
Old 12th February 2013
Gear Addict

When you turn it off the "harmonic distortion" cuts out. It's prob present at zero when activated.
Old 12th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blandry View Post
When you turn it off the "harmonic distortion" cuts out. It's prob present at zero when activated.
Ok. That makes sense, but pretty big difference to attribute to harmonic distortion.
Old 12th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otium View Post
there was no LF cut you dialed in with the low-shelf beforehand?
The switch bypasses both of the shelving EQs simultaneously.
I think that is my answer. Didn't read the fine print there either.

Much obliged.
Old 30th May 2013
Deleted User
I just downloaded 6144 from DDMF register page, and it is version 1.1.1
Looks like this is new to original 1.1 that I had.
There was no email for users about this from DDMF?

http://www.ddmf.eu/register.html

What is the difference between those versions?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search