The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DDMF 6144 vst/au eq Equalizer Plugins
Old 27th October 2011
Gear Nut
Portico sound more musical and more soft,better transiens, the sound are more opened in a 3D way,and more punchy.

6144 got the caracter of the portico but they are not the same sound to RND 5033 ,similar but not same.

portico got the magic of very very good opened eq and the compresor sound fantastic on subtle parameters in a very good punchy way .
Old 27th October 2011
Gear Nut

Fair enough... a blind test might be a good idea though. Do no underestimate the power of psycho-acoustics!
Old 27th October 2011
Gear Nut
well i do an extensive test and research, i give WAV files for all us heh

44.1 Khz WAV FILES----->> Téléchargement du fichier : portico vs ddmf 6144 44.1.zip

96 Khz WAV FILES------->>Téléchargement du fichier : portico vs ddmf 6144 96.zip

finally into a complete mix is very very dificult, to know how is sounding , portico RND or DDMF ; but in solo mode there a diferences .

this baby need to get fix 3D place into speakers.
but really steinberg wins for only 15% of the magical 3D smoth sound .

DDMF 6144 are in a good way; maybe in version 2.0 developer can fixed 100 % this great plugin.

money for the value are non brainer ,this plugin are the best buy if you like portico caracter

EAR EYES CLOSED ! ...................
Old 27th October 2011
Gear Addict

Your links don't work.
Old 27th October 2011
Gear Nut
1 fichier all run ok !

Téléchargement du fichier : portico RND vs DDMF.zip

I do a new test into cubase 6 OSX; and now every new hour i use the plugin DDMF i can´t tell the diferences , WOW!

i´m very impressed about this baby, my god !
Old 28th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdued View Post
Fair enough... a blind test might be a good idea though. Do no underestimate the power of psycho-acoustics!
And do not underestimate the power of "I have payed so much money for plugin X, it HAS to be better"

DDMF 6144 is very good, if Uaudio had the same plugin, they would sell it for $249
Old 30th October 2011
Gear Addict

I'm thinking a channel strip version of this could be a giant killer.

Sent from my SC-02B using Gearslutz.com
Old 30th October 2011
Lives for gear

Since DDMF 6144 has captured the color why not add more bell & whistles ? im really into it.
Old 9th November 2011
Gear Addict

Tried the demo on a tough kick/bass blend, got it to work quickly. Tried everything else I had to do the same thing, but to no avail. Bought the 6614 Great job!
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

This eq is excellent, the sonic differences between it and the 5033 are very subtle and to be honest in a mix you'd be hard pressed to tell them apart. The ONLY time when it becomes a little more obvious is when you use multiple instances across a mix. The accumulated sound difference is apparent in context when used like this. Anyone who wants the 5033 should get the demo and do a mix with both units in the same settings and determine if the sonic differences are worth the extra money. To me al least it was worth it. Where the 2 EQs vary the most are ( using the same settings ), The 6144 sounds a little thicker and the 5033 a little more airy. The other main difference ( and again it becomes more obvious as the channel count goes up ) is the sense of space around the sound, it's more defined in the 5033, or more 3D. Anyone not wanting to spend the admittedly silly money that the portico cost's would be hard pressed to do better than the 6144, it will take you about 95% there and it's only $29, absolute no brainer
Old 9th November 2011
Lives for gear

No brainer indeed! I'm actually not concerned at all if it sounds like the 5033 or not.

I had a hankering for a rubber-band GUI-less EQ with a bit of gain-q interaction and well-chosen fc ranges, and this one delivers with much sonic charisma!

... though I wouldn't complain if it had a 6/12 dB/oct HP and 6 dB/oct LP
Old 10th November 2011
Gear Addict

totally with you there - HP and LP filters would be a great addition. Kinda finding that I'm missing that with this EQ.

Also concerning the GUI - I totally understand the developer - but the lighter GUI was much nicer and more easy on the eyes.

Maybe a lighter shade of grey - kinda like the ssl duende colours would be easier on the eyes?

Alright - lets not loose our heads here complaining about nonsense - just a very good plugin
Old 10th November 2011
Well, hell, if we're listing our wishes for the 6144Ulträ™, I'd love to have a polarity switch on it in addition to the HPF.

That said, this is my fave ITB EQ these days.
Old 10th November 2011
Gear Nut

Polarity switch? So, basically just a phase inverter?

Definitely will extend the concept via some "hidden parameters" option, so that the original style is kept but those who want more control can get it. Stay tuned!
Old 10th November 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by docdued View Post
Polarity switch? So, basically just a phase inverter?
Yup - I'm constantly checking phase on multi-mic'd sources, so having a switch on the EQ would be super handy.
Old 11th November 2011
Gear Nut
error
Old 11th November 2011
Gear Nut
can you add the graphics of the curve like RND 5030 got it in soft version?
please more 3D enhaced for the sense of space around the sound,would be heaven plugin .
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by husak View Post
can you add the graphics of the curve like RND 5030 got it in soft version?
Please don't
Old 11th November 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlloyd View Post
Please don't
Plus 1. As for the 3D thing aspect, I have not tried the rnd....
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Please don't
Ditto.
Old 12th November 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingocounty View Post
Ditto.
Agreed. Please don't spend your limited time on this feature
Old 15th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Please don't

+1

Wow! This eq does sound excellent. The highs are so clean, sweet and shimmer-y.
Lows clean and precise. Cutting problematic resonances sounds natural and transparent. Already in love!
Old 15th November 2011
Gear Addict

Great plugs, I guess this guy will give as top plugs (including 3D) within a year - plugs comparable to the best out there
Old 15th November 2011
Gear Addict

boosting at 12k with this sounds beautiful, I tried to get the same sounds using my other eqs and nothing even comes close.

Sent from my Samsung iPhone lookalike
Old 15th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo777 View Post
Great plugs, I guess this guy will give as top plugs (including 3D) within a year - plugs comparable to the best out there
Don't understand this post. He does already deliver quality since years.
3D?
Old 18th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psilas View Post
No 'free' portico emulation (come on,surely DDMF 6144 is cheap enough?) but the following are free and of a comparable high standard and also modeled on hardware.

1 - Sonimus SonEQ
2 - Elysia Niveau Filter
3 - SPL Freeranger
4 - Nasty CS

ps.Don't forget to try the new and free Farfisa emulation by Martinic 'Combo Model F' and also take a look at the SKnote 'GTS-39' Gates compressor emulation at $29.
+1, that GTS-39 is the absolute go-to on bass, just like the hardware! No plug at any price can touch it for that purpose! I love the fact that there are now so many great developers like Christian, Quinto, etc, offering incredibly affordable plugs that are right up there (sometimes even better than) with the big guns!
Old 21st November 2011
Gear Nut
i find the problem under RND portico and 6144 ,6144 need boost around 1 or 2 db at 125 hz or somethin near this value, to sound exactly the same .

i post it one sample that not sound 1:1 replica ,but if you boost bass around 125 hz or some similar frecuency to 6144 . voilá !

portico and 6144 got same parameters in this example.

download and test it for your self

Portico 96 khz by husak on SoundCloud
6144 by 96 khz by husak on SoundCloud -

sound really identical !

please DDMF do it a revison of this great EQ i buy for sure ,my demo of portico expires soon !
Old 21st November 2011
Lives for gear

Tried it for one minute, bought it (hey, 22 euros including VAT, come on!)...
Sounds fantastic! Might just be the curves, whatever, I don't care because it's a fantastic sounding plug in!
Old 23rd November 2011
Lives for gear
Just found a free Portico 5033 & DDMF 6144 clone for Windows:
J1000 VST Plugins

It's called PQ33.
Can anyone compare with DDMF 6144?
Old 24th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalawag View Post
Just found a free Portico 5033 & DDMF 6144 clone for Windows:
J1000 VST Plugins

It's called PQ33.
Can anyone compare with DDMF 6144?
I'll be comparing it to the Portico tomorrow
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search