The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MOTU MachFive 3 - finally... Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 1st October 2011
Lives for gear

They promised me to keep on top of this version. I asked before upgrading... Fingers crossed...
Old 4th October 2011
Gear Addict

There is a FAQ up on the MOTU site.
MOTU.com - FAQ

It seems it can load M52 performances.

Quote:
Does MachFive 3 load MachFive 2 performances?
Yes. Use the 'Load Multi" command in MachFive 3's File menu.
Old 10th October 2011
Lives for gear

so how is this working for people? i've read in other threads about crashes etc??? any OSX/mach5 3 users care to chime in?
Old 11th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by opeth13 View Post
MachFive 3 does granular synthesis and also has a drum synth. MachFive 3 has 39 arpeggiator presets, while the Halion 4 flexphrase arpeggiator has 1500 patterns/play styles, courtesy of Yamaha. The flexphrasing really helps out during the creative process. Halion has something like 15gb of samples, MachFive has 42gb.
Steinberg just released HALion 4.5 beta update, that includes:
Time-stretching and pitch-shifting
Based on the AudioWarp algorithm used in Cubase, a dedicated HALion time-stretching and pitch-shifting functionality has been implemented. There are two different modes for different types of audio materials. You can select a “Solo” mode for solo instruments that allows the correction of formants and a “Music” mode which is optimized for time correction of polyphonic audio material such as drums.
You can find the new AudioWarp features in the sound editor of a sample layer.
Old 13th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boon View Post
so how is this working for people? i've read in other threads about crashes etc??? any OSX/mach5 3 users care to chime in?
anyone?
Old 13th October 2011
Lives for gear

It has crashed for me under heavy testing/tweaking, but not under "normal" use. I expect to see some updates before it is 100% working... :-)
Old 22nd October 2011
Gear Addict

I purchased M53 a couple of days ago as a pal of mine introduced me to it.

I cant use it in pro tools hd2 at all it crashes frequently when only doing minor tweaks/edits.

I am currently running it in VEP and it is a little bit more stable but has crashed quite a few times.

I contacted Musictrack who i purchased it from in the Uk and they have been completely unhelpful, said they would call me back with any ideas ideas on why
this was happening and have heard nothing back!

I must say when it works it is very impressive.

But I am pretty annoyed that i have spent the last few days trouble shooting!
Old 27th January 2012
Here for the gear

I've got mixed feelings too about Mach 5 v.3! It does look incredible tho, and I will probably take the gamble on the upgrade from v.2

I had v1 & v2, which do work ok on the MAC, but when I changed to a PC based system (Open Labs), it constantly crashes when you load anything substantial into it. I established, having spoken to MOTU customer services & tech dept., that the problem was at their end and not my system. Having spent the money with them tho, it was annoying to find out that they hadn't made an attempt to fix any problems past v2.2 (which is OLD now!), and they weren't going to either!

However, v.2 was a far better sampler than Kontakt, and loaded most other libraries fine, without having to do any lengthy imports etc. The included library, although not huge, is classy, above and beyond most of the NI stuff. For this reason, and the fact that MOTU have promised to step up their game in customer support, I'm gonna upgrade to v.3. Anyone out there taken the plunge and can give a review on Mach 5 v.3?
Old 29th June 2012
Lives for gear

any updates now that its been out a while?

i plan on using it in DP 7 and Cubase 6.5?

thanks
Old 21st November 2012
Not much talk about this, is anyone using it?

It's been out now for a while and got 3.1 update so I'm thinking of going from v2 to v3, but would like to hear some thoughts on it.

And what interests me most is how are the bundled sounds? I don't plan on doing any of my own sampling really, but I have used v2 a lot in the past for drums, pianos, flutes.. does anyone have a full patch list or maybe list atleast what drums are included? I'd love to see more drum machines than I have in v2.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search