The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves H-EQ Equalizer Plugins
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

still ilok and still no 64bit....hmm
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
Crazy. Seeing as this is a new plug, they should have programmed and released this in 64bit as they will jut have to rewrite test and compile when they eventually go 64 anyway.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffe View Post
Would it be a good choice for mastering?
I would think so . the MS mode is great as you can solo M and S signals to treat them . You have 5 bands plus two filters . What is nice is that you can mix and match bands . you can have any "type" on any band and the bands are "bypassable" individually . The settings for harmonic distortion ( a general setting for the whole EQ) is selectable as well . You can have "modern UK EQ " with Vintage US distortion for ex . It's very flexible . You have both spectrums at the same time ( eqd and non eqd) . Even on the "vintage types you can adjust the Q .
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
Yeah, sounds like a good REQ replacement.

Shame the VO in the video seems to have been mixed by a person deaf at the 3-4k range.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
v9 probably. I'm holding off on any new Waves purchases or updates until I get a 64-bit version of all plugins(Renaissance stuff mostly for me).

Until then I'm more inclined to go with DMG Audio's Equality for now. But Waves has still got it, no doubt about that.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volodia View Post
I would think so . the MS mode is great as you can solo M and S signals to treat them . You have 5 bands plus two filters . What is nice is that you can mix and match bands . you can have any "type" on any band and the bands are "bypassable" individually . The settings for harmonic distortion ( a general setting for the whole EQ) is selectable as well . You can have "modern UK EQ " with Vintage US distortion for ex . It's very flexible . You have both spectrums at the same time ( eqd and non eqd) . Even on the "vintage types you can adjust the Q .
Is it possible to solo the M and S on H-EQ?
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik31 View Post
Is it possible to solo the M and S on H-EQ?
Yes, Solo the track you are working on, (or not), click on the little speaker icon then either M or S to hear the difference.

You cannot solo the individual bands though. Yet.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Nut

The H-EQ/TDM plug in is V8 only. I made the mistake of buying it, not seeing any indication that it was V8 only and after buying a V7 plug in last month. I've sent several emails and a phone call and waiting to see what Waves will do. So far they've responded with message saying no V7 version will be made and I'll have to upgrade to V8. That's not going to happen because I'm still on a Mac G5. So I'm waiting for Waves to get back to me.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Egan View Post
The H-EQ/TDM plug in is V8 only. I made the mistake of buying it, not seeing any indication that it was V8 only and after buying a V7 plug in last month. I've sent several emails and a phone call and waiting to see what Waves will do. So far they've responded with message saying no V7 version will be made and I'll have to upgrade to V8. That's not going to happen because I'm still on a Mac G5. So I'm waiting for Waves to get back to me.
Exactly why I don't buy Waves products. The Digi/Avid/Mac software version scam. A way to force you to spend more for software/plugs you already own.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyersound View Post
Exactly why I don't buy Waves products. The Digi/Avid/Mac software version scam. A way to force you to spend more for software/plugs you already own.

Scam?

A person makes the mistake of not informing themselves on what they are buying and this is the companies fault?

How is having the choice to use or not use Digi/Avid/Mac software a Scam?

Thanks... I'll hang up now and listen.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
V6, V7, and V8 plugins can all run together without having to upgrade. I'm running V6 SSL 4000 bundle, V7 Ren bundle, and V8 MPX all at the same time. When the installer asked if you want to upgrade your existing plugins, you just have to say NO and continue on with the installation.
Old 9th September 2011
GMK
Gear Nut

this keyboard thing...sounds gimmicky but I can see it being great for things like bass drop outs and things like that, I hate buying things that just appeal to my laziness though... The mid side aspect sounds great though!
Old 9th September 2011
MediaMix
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMK View Post
this keyboard thing...sounds gimmicky but I can see it being great for things like bass drop outs and things like that, I hate buying things that just appeal to my laziness though... The mid side aspect sounds great though!
For me the keyboard is a fast way to find the proper musical note/EQ frequency to boost or cut. I have been keeping a "note-frequency" chart open for that.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip888 View Post
Scam?

A person makes the mistake of not informing themselves on what they are buying and this is the companies fault?

I'm not accusing anyone of a scam, but I didn't make a mistake of not informing myself. I made the mistake of assuming Waves would properly inform the customer that there was a restriction of the H-EQ plug-in to V8. I considered whether it was V8 or not and there was no indication. Right now Waves sells V7 and V8 plug-ins. Since I had just bought a V7 plug-in a month ago, I thought it appropriate to assume there would be a V7 version of the H-EQ since there was no indication otherwise. There was no indication there was a restriction to V8 until after I made the purchase.

"Please note that since HEQ only was released yesterday, it is only available in V.8. Therefore I cannot downgrade you to version 7, since this version does not exist and nor will exist. To use this plug-in you would have to update your system to be compatible with Waves V.8

Have a nice day."
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
I'm not accusing anyone of a scam.
Yea I did not think you were accusing anyone of a scam. That is why I addressed the OP.
Old 9th September 2011
As has been mentioned, V7 and V8 plugs can run together. A lot of people have both and they work just fine together.

Sent from my Eris using Gearslutz.com App
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict

Very impressed with this eq..

Great ideas in here. It could very easily become my new 'oxford' eq. Meaning my often used utility eq. H-eq is that and alot more it seems...

Sounds great, love the different sounds of the filters.

Only thing is it uses over 2 times the cpu or hd chips as the oxford.

Buying this plug may only be 99 bucks, but in reality, it could be a plug that costs alot more, as a new computer aint cheap.. ha.

Cheers
dave
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMK View Post
Its not lazy, lots of peps use charts for pitch, delay, rule of 3rds ect, just makes it more visual I guess.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

And i saw a lot of time in mastering that they solve bad notes issues (at a giving time for two instruments for exemple : bass and Eguitar) with an instant cut for one at that bad note .....so this the main purposes of the keyboard i think ....

According to the videos i also find the spectrum analyser to be quite accurate and reactive ....

For the price , well they used to drop bundles at 400 or less street price for 3 or more plugins so they're on their regular price range , but dropping plugs by plug is better for them and us ....it seems ....
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

I am LOVING the idea of the keyboard input feature!
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Yeah tried it out today, sounds good, would not be my first eq(hungry hungry) to go to but a great problem solving tool, do like the switching between sounds per band... Good work flow i guess..

but... so god damn hungry.. i'm on a old duel core, and it is about 4/5% for a mono instance..

slightly of topic, but why is everyone going on about 64 bit? what does t do for me???
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip888 View Post
Scam?

A very smug and uninformed rebuttal. There are many companies that have excellent software products that don't charge for new "runtime" software versions and .xx maintenance/bugfix updates. They only charge for new plugins. There are many Daw companies who don't charge for .xx maintenance/bugfix updates. There are also OS companies that don't charge for .xx updates, only complete new "ground-up" build OS.

The ones I named, along with Waves do charge, and do so for no good reason. Maybe "scam" is too harsh a word, I just can't seem to find one that fits better. Let me know if you do. Cheers
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Head

I can't believe how great the H-EQ sounds! Well done Waves! I just love it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbirdstudio View Post
...Buying this plug may only be 99 bucks, but in reality, it could be a plug that costs alot more, as a new computer aint cheap.. ha.

Well you can't move on with plugin development and not without computer development. It just the way it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyersound View Post
I don't get you Michael! I read your rant about Waves in every Waves thread possible. We finally know that you don't like their update policy and we know that you don't use their products. Please forgive me when I ask. Why do you then care about it at all? Why do you waste your precious time with ranting and raving? It actually shouldn't care you at all but instead of leaving all the Waves threads aside you go in there and spread your negativity. Sorry but this is not how gearslutz should be driven.

However... I prefer the WUP over any PCI card driven plugins because they are obsolete with every new system. I moved from TC cards to the Waves bundle and didn't go the UAD route because they also charge you just in a different way. Every company charges you sooner or later. It's just not transparent like the WUP and you get new awesome plugins with Waves. It also makes sure the company is still around in 10 years from now and is updating our investment. I spend 6k on TC plugins and now they discontinue all the plugins and even don't release at least a native version. That's what really isn't OK but with Waves you know what you pay and you also know what you get. Think about it and please stop ranting and raving because it ain't fun.

Peace
Old 9th September 2011
Administrator

From Mixing In The Box
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

tHKS FOR THE VIDS ;;LINK ;;;
(nice accent)

I'm wondering if there's a way to "link" the eq curves : like one button to link and you choose digital for all , or uk 1 for all ....in one click ...?
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by americansun View Post
I can't believe how great the H-EQ sounds! Well done Waves! I just love it...

Well you can't move on with plugin development and not without computer development. It just the way it is...

I don't get you Michael! I read your rant about Waves in every Waves thread possible. We finally know that you don't like their update policy and we know that you don't use their products. Please forgive me when I ask. Why do you then care about it at all? Why do you waste your precious time with ranting and raving? It actually shouldn't care you at all but instead of leaving all the Waves threads aside you go in there and spread your negativity. Sorry but this is not how gearslutz should be driven.

However... I prefer the WUP over any PCI card driven plugins because they are obsolete with every new system. I moved from TC cards to the Waves bundle and didn't go the UAD route because they also charge you just in a different way. Every company charges you sooner or later. It's just not transparent like the WUP and you get new awesome plugins with Waves. It also makes sure the company is still around in 10 years from now and is updating our investment. I spend 6k on TC plugins and now they discontinue all the plugins and even don't release at least a native version. That's what really isn't OK but with Waves you know what you pay and you also know what you get. Think about it and please stop ranting and raving because it ain't fun.

Peace
+10! Couldn't agree more. Same with all the 64bit update complaints. Make music. Pro Tools HD is still the standard, get over it. 8-). I love my Platinum TDM, SCC, Aphex, MPX, and will probably pick up the H-eq.

P.S. And I love my ilok2 too!
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
tHKS FOR THE VIDS ;;LINK ;;;
(nice accent)

I'm wondering if there's a way to "link" the eq curves : like one button to link and you choose digital for all , or uk 1 for all ....in one click ...?
You can move them all at the same time . If they were all on the same setting they will all change the setting accordingly. If they were different each one will go to the next setting . The function increments them all at the same time . You shift-click on the settings you want to link then increment/decrement with the arrow up/down . Don't know if it's clear .
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict

The WUP is total ripoff. The wup before my current one ended last summer or so.

In May I was forced to (I had totally no choice) refresh it and had to pay 200$. And what did I get in return???!
Freaking nothing. Just Waves Kramer Tape, Aphex Exciter, H-EQ and some bug fixes of a super reliable company that maintains even 15 year old plugins so you could even recall that old projects. WTF!

I hate Waves.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappolito View Post
The WUP is total ripoff. The wup before my current one ended last summer or so.

In May I was forced to (I had totally no choice) refresh it and had to pay 200$. And what did I get in return???!
Freaking nothing. Just Waves Kramer Tape, Aphex Exciter, H-EQ and some bug fixes of a super reliable company that maintains even 15 year old plugins so you could even recall that old projects. WTF!

I hate Waves.
Sell'em then!

And let's discuss the plug's not the company. Post this crap in the moan zone.

You had the same choice 15 years ago. You know their business model. If that doesn't work for you, you don't have to buy into it. I'm sure Waves didn't twisted your arm.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I think Dappolito was being sarcastic.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search