The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Flux released it's Pure Analyzer System! Metering & Analysis Plugins
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Flux released it's Pure Analyzer System!

Looks absolutely gorgeous!

Flux:: sound and picture development

Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Very Nice

I have been looking for something like this for a while

How about a buy in deal for your friends ? heh
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

It has EBU, which is cool!
BUT!

Yet again, another developer with there pricing wrong, your ears are free, Span is free, and that will get EBU soon I guess.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBackDrop View Post
It has EBU, which is cool!
BUT!

Yet again, another developer with there pricing wrong, your ears are free, Span is free, and that will get EBU soon I guess.
Admittedly I only glanced it the press release briefly but I got the impression it was quite a different beast to something like Span. The intended operation seems to be having Pure Analyser on a separate computer and feeding it from anywhere you desire, whether it be from multiple points within a mix or from different computers within a studio. The fact that it uses networking to do this instead of using hard-wired audio is pretty amazing to me! It apparently uses about 1.4Mbps per transmitted channel which isn't much on a standard 100Mbps network and should be fine on decent wireless.

The host program itself seems to make heavy use of GPU rendering abilities too, which I definitely would not want running on my audio system as it would no doubt cause glitches in my audio. Given that one can analyse separate streams of data in parallel in a highly intensive graphical interface without adding any undue burden to the audio systems themselves makes for a very unique product in my eyes! But then, as far as I know there could already be something similar on the market, I've just never heard of it before?

Anyhoo, I like it . . . although i could never afford it :[
Old 6th September 2011
bee
Lives for gear

I'm confused, so you are supposed to run this on a seperate computer than your DAW? Would this make it like one of the DK Audio meters?
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I'm confused, so you are supposed to run this on a seperate computer than your DAW?
You don't have to, but you can :] I would say that's where the beauty of this program lies and why it's fairly expensive . . I have a few spare computers lying around and have been looking for a way to use them in my studio. As long as you already have a network running you wouldn't need to run any new cables or anything either.

I think a touchscreen all-in-one PC would be perfect for this application, and they're dirt cheap these days!

Last edited by Red Black; 6th September 2011 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: Image too large
Old 6th September 2011
bee
Lives for gear

That would be sweet. So is this something similar to a DK Audio meter?
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

It does look very nice!
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Here's a better image :] (yep, I'm wasting time again)

Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Flux are an innovative bunch, they make great plugins! Syrah is an amazing dynamic tool, but half of the time the plugins simply don't work. every time there is an Pace-iLok update, you can forget about working with them for a few months or even getting a response.
Old 6th September 2011
VCF
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidperetz View Post
Flux are an innovative bunch, they make great plugins! Syrah is an amazing dynamic tool, but half of the time the plugins simply don't work. every time there is an Pace-iLok update, you can forget about working with them for a few months or even getting a response.
Yes i do love Flux plugs, but i also wonder why Flux is the only company which plugins stop working when the iLok is updated. That said, i'm not inclined in the
technicalities of how the iLok works.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Nut

Great! This is something I was searching for quite a while!
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCF View Post
Yes i do love Flux plugs, but i also wonder why Flux is the only company which plugins stop working when the iLok is updated. That said, i'm not inclined in the
Must be a specific issue, long time user, running Mac 10.6 with iLok2 at the moment and I never had a problem...
A.
Old 6th September 2011
nux
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCF View Post
they work with Ilok updates. I only can speak for mac side since they work for me well. only major updates like Lion or Protools 9.0.5 needed an update coz there were major changes in the system. And as far as I see Flux was very quick resolving that.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

I would probably buy this, but it´s not 64-bit so no deal! Sorry.

No support for 32-bit.
Old 6th September 2011
nux
Here for the gear

why you can't run 32 bit application. windows and mac support 32 bit in 64 bit os?!
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nux View Post
why you can't run 32 bit application. windows and mac support 32 bit in 64 bit os?!
I don´t like to destabilize my 64-bit system and using the Bridge just sucks.

Besides I´ve noticed that 32-bit Epure isn´t working at all in my system (Solera works though, very odd).

So there you go.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Just got this today and this is amazing!

I'm running a MacBook Pro on the side with this, I have no latency at all and I didn't have to setup anything. Just insert the SampleGrabber on the DAW (iMac), open the Pure Analyzer System on the MBP and it's up and running.

No bugs till now and everything is running smooth, beautiful graphics and very valuable information! Well done Flux::!
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Maniac

No 64bit? :(
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearNerd View Post
I don´t like to destabilize my 64-bit system and using the Bridge just sucks.

Its not a plug-in, it is a stand alone software. Which means it work perfectly fine on a 32 bit system as well as on a 64 bit system. Currently there would be no benefits what-so-ever using a 64 bit build of this software.

Though you are right in that the SampleGrabber is 32-bit for now, so in that case you will have to use ASIO/Core Audio direct instead.

Should there be anything we have overseen here, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

Cheers,
/Felix
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Congratulations on the new relase!

Looks and feels great so far. It's a bit pricey compared to smthg like spectre, but as I understand, the concept of streaming the already analyzed data is new and unique. So is the graphical display. Looks stunning and it is very usable.
I'm missing some options, e.g. rotating the goniometer 45 degrees. But probably I overlooked it... and the configurability of the layout is limited, there are only a few fixed presets. Or am I wrong? I skipped reading the manual.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Nut

I tested it for some hours today and it works just fine over WiFi.

I think I´ll buy it in a few days.
I just wonder how it makes use of my iLok:

DAW is on iMac / Analyzer is on MacBook Pro.
iLok is on iMac of course and must stay there.

Will it work that way?

Thanks!
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Addict

So only PC guys have iLok problems with Flux?
Still that an issue that should be addressed. I don't use the flux plugins since the last time they were on ILok strike for three or four months, I couldn't redo a few mixes that were dependent on their plugins, mainly the Syrah. Client got frustrated. eventually I had to redo the mixes from scratch and it wasn't the same.
Shame. In the end Flux incompetence Cost me a client think about that before you buy their plugins.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidperetz View Post
So only PC guys have iLok problems with Flux?
Still that an issue that should be addressed. I don't use the flux plugins since the last time they were on ILok strike for three or four months, I couldn't redo a few mixes that were dependent on their plugins, mainly the Syrah. Client got frustrated. eventually I had to redo the mixes from scratch and it wasn't the same.
Shame. In the end Flux incompetence Cost me a client think about that before you buy their plugins.
All inconveniences with the new ilok drivers should be ironed out by now. Should you still have any problems, please follow the instructions here:

Flux:: Tech Issue Page

Thanks!

Cheers,
/Felix
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuchholtz View Post
I tested it for some hours today and it works just fine over WiFi.

I think I´ll buy it in a few days.
I just wonder how it makes use of my iLok:

DAW is on iMac / Analyzer is on MacBook Pro.
iLok is on iMac of course and must stay there.

Will it work that way?

Thanks!
In this case, you will need another ilok. For obvious reasons the ilok auth is needed for the actual analyzer application, not on the plug-in side.

Cheers,
/Felix
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

This! Running over WiFi on an Ipad!
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pethenis View Post
This! Running over WiFi on an Ipad!
what he said +1
Old 9th September 2011
TC5
Lives for gear

I don't understand the stand alone idea with this. I thought this was a plugin that can be used inside Logic but also in stand alone mode. But people are saying this needs to be run on a separate computer (or not?). How does this software interact with audio in Logic? Any clarification appreciated.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC5 View Post
I don't understand the stand alone idea with this. I thought this was a plugin that can be used inside Logic but also in stand alone mode. But people are saying this needs to be run on a separate computer (or not?). How does this software interact with audio in Logic? Any clarification appreciated.
The main application doesn´t NEED to run on a separate Computer, but it CAN be done so.
For example I´m planning to run the analyzer on a separate Mac Mini on the side wall of my studio with an own big monitor screen. This way the DAW doesn´t need to run the analyzer.
You just plug the sample grabber plugin into any Logic channel and the data will be sent to the analyzer application via your LAN or WLAN.

I like the idea to have an extra computer for the analyzer application, though it´s a bit of luxury for me

You might as well run the analyzer on your DAW machine ... maybe give it a separate Monitor screen for convenience ...

I´m sure Flux-Felix will explain way better soon on this thread!
Old 9th September 2011
nux
Here for the gear

as jbuchholtz said: loading sample grabber as an "effect" and the analyzer can take this as audio source. This is by far the best implementation i have seen to get audio without hassle into another application.
From what I read Flux use for the audio connection a network protocol, wich lets you easily place the main standalone application on the local or any other machine in the network without much hasse. Pretty good solution if you ask me

Placing on another machine saves up some resources of your main daw. But this is only an option not a must.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search