The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Flux released it's Pure Analyzer System! Metering & Analysis Plugins
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Angel View Post
send a mail to flux and ask for a demo ilok full version.
i had the same problems with the demo.
the full version dosen´t crash
I've had kernel crashes with both the demo and the iLok versions. I hope they can find the bug.
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreissk View Post
I've had kernel crashes with both the demo and the iLok versions.
Old 13th October 2011
Gear Addict

RMS metering setup

Hi- I've emailed Flux numerous times with no reply, so figured I would try here..

Can anyone help me approximate Dorrough/FG-X RMS response with the setting options in the Flux RMS Metering Setup?
Old 14th October 2011
Here for the gear

Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangeller View Post
Hi- I've emailed Flux numerous times with no reply, so figured I would try here..

Can anyone help me approximate Dorrough/FG-X RMS response with the setting options in the Flux RMS Metering Setup?
Hi,

PureAnalyzer includes ITU-1770, EBU r128 /PLOUD and TruePeak standards-compliant meters. Although I'm not familiar with Dorrough products, their latest Loudness meter has 1770 written on its front panel, so I guess this is the metering standard you're looking for. As for FX-G, can you be more specific ?

The meters are fully configurable in terms of range, scale and ballistics.
Please check the demo and/or the manual for details.
We tried to implement widely used standards, but if anything is missing, please let us know and we'll put it in the pipeline for an update.

Regards,

Lorcan Mc Donagh
(Flux:: developper)
Old 14th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangeller View Post

+1

for example:
the FX-G (had this one before the Pro-L)
and Fabfilter Pro-L RMS metering is the same

and the TwistedWave and BX_Meter is the same

TwistedWaves and BX_Meter shows around 3db RMS more than FX-G and Pro-L

but on the Flux it is totllay different. i have no idea how to get the RMS Metering like on my Pro-L???

i got the Flux purchased/not demo version.
Old 14th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorcan View Post
Hi,

PureAnalyzer includes ITU-1770, EBU r128 /PLOUD and TruePeak standards-compliant meters. Although I'm not familiar with Dorrough products, their latest Loudness meter has 1770 written on its front panel, so I guess this is the metering standard you're looking for. As for FX-G, can you be more specific ?

The meters are fully configurable in terms of range, scale and ballistics.
Please check the demo and/or the manual for details.
We tried to implement widely used standards, but if anything is missing, please let us know and we'll put it in the pipeline for an update.

Regards,

Lorcan Mc Donagh
(Flux:: developper)

i just did a test:

when i use the Flux preset: ITU-1770
and i change the Zero ref. setting to 0db

i get the same RMS Metering like the BX_Meter

do you have any idea what could be the Pro-L & FX-G Metering?
it will show 3db RMS less than ITU-1770 with Zero ref. setting to 0db
Old 14th October 2011
Lorcan,

I probably won't demo the meter until the crashes seem to be figured out...

But can you comment on the refresh speed of the phase meters in comparison to the standalone DK audio technologies meters that are used in high end facilities?

Thanks...
Old 14th October 2011
Here for the gear

As I said in my previous post, everything is configurable in PureAnalyzer, and a wide range of presets covering typical settings are included.
I would recommend you to chose one (or several) of the widely-known and accepted metering standards and use this to make your comparisons. IMHO, the whole point of a meter is to produce a reference reading, that is reproducible across sessions, and that stays identical when switching (standards-conforming) equipment.
Please check the manuals and settings for the plugins you listed and set PureAnlyzer meters accordingly, you will then get the same response.

This SoundOnSound article explains metering in some detail, although it does not cover more recent standards such as EBU r128 and ITU-R.1770
Old 14th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Angel View Post
i just did a test:

when i use the Flux preset: ITU-1770
and i change the Zero ref. setting to 0db

i get the same RMS Metering like the BX_Meter

do you have any idea what could be the Pro-L & FX-G Metering?
it will show 3db RMS less than ITU-1770 with Zero ref. setting to 0db

so, i think i got it

FX-G & Pro-L = Preset ITU-1770 / Zero ref. 0dB / Weighting ANSI B

BX_Meter & TwistedWave = Preset ITU-1770 / Zero ref. 0dB /
Weighting ITU-1770
Old 14th October 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloocproducer View Post
Lorcan,

I probably won't demo the meter until the crashes seem to be figured out...

But can you comment on the refresh speed of the phase meters in comparison to the standalone DK audio technologies meters that are used in high end facilities?

Thanks...
Hi Yelooc,

actually we've had very few crash reports, although this thread tends to give the impression that they're a lot. In any case installing the demo is a 1minute job. Should you experience any problem I'm sure we can arrange a time-limited iLok license for you.

I would be biased comparing our software with a DK meter anyway, but we are quite confident this software is the audio analysis with the fastest display response available out there, and that it stands up to top-notch hardware solutions.
Actually for us this was a critical point from the ground-up. The graphics engine is therefore fully GPU accelerated using OpenGL, as is the case with recent CAD & video applications, games, etc.
Old 14th October 2011
Here for the gear

FYI, PureAnalyzer 1.1.1 has been released today.
The download and release notes (enhancements and fixes) are here

Enjoy
Old 15th October 2011
Gear Nut

The release notes don't say anything about the kernel panic crashes that have been happening. Have you been able to fix that issue yet? I'm very interested in the Pure Analyzer system but have to avoid it until that bug is worked out.
Old 15th October 2011
Gear Addict

Crashes/freezes every time here as well when switching between Hardware and Sample Grabber as source w/ no firewall and ethernet for interfacing

Is anyone else experiencing a lag in response after updating to the new version? Wasn't an issue for me with the initial release...

Still struggling to get the RMS meter to respond like Waves Dorrough or Slate FG-X (default settings)
Old 11th November 2011
Gear Maniac

Has anyone got this to work using Hardware Audio I/O.

I cant for the life of me get it to recognise any coreaudio device input or send pink noise to an output????

The user guide has zero information on the setup of this... I've been messing with Audio Midi setup on my Mac to no avail.

I was excited about this as an alternative to Smaart and Easera etc... for simpler applications, but at present i cant get it to work...
Old 18th February 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkyfingers View Post
2. how do i get the Flux aggregate device off my Mac?
I'd like to know too. I can't find any related files on the HD.
Old 20th February 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaskyhn View Post
I'd like to know too. I can't find any related files on the HD.
If I rcc open the Audio/Midi Setup Utility and just delete it there. But if you start pure analyzer it will create it again.
Old 20th February 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatzeMillion View Post
If I rcc open the Audio/Midi Setup Utility and just delete it there. But if you start pure analyzer it will create it again.
Thanks! That did it.
Old 26th April 2013
Here for the gear

Happy new Pure Analyzer System user here. It is by far my favorite software RTA in my arsenal. I've a bad habit of staring at its gorgeous interface (it is hypnotic). And of course, it's extremely precise, useful, fluid and fast. (Running on my Macbook Pro via wifi with SampleGrabber instantiated on my Mac Pro machine).

So I'm thrilled to wake up this morning to this announcement from Flux:

Pure Analyzer System - Now 64-bit & SampleGrabber AAX

Today we release the Pure Analyzer System sp3, introducing AAX and 64-bit compatibility. The stand alone Pure Analyzer application is now 64-bit compatible on both MAC OS X and Windows, and the SampleGrabber plug-in now supports AU/VST 32/64-bit, AAX Native (32-bit only) as well as AAX DSP 64-bit (requires ProTools 11).
During the release period we offer an introduction special of the Pure Analyzer Essential and the Pure Analyzer add-on options with 30% Off from the MSRP*

* (This offer can not be combined with any other discounts or offers, Last day of availability June 1st)

Important note!!

Due to compatibility issues the Sample Grabber plugin installation has been removed from the Pure Analyzer setup file, and from now on instead is to be installed separately.

Main New Features
• Essential:
RTA: Real Time waterfall; see "slide" option in spectrum setup.
• Live:
SnapShot: Invert ("Iv" button) function available on Transfer Function Magnitude.

Main Enhancements
• Mac OS X: The binary is now 64 bit.
• Windows: 32 & 64 bit version available with independent installers.
• Windows: No more Python installation needed, a python distribution is now instead included in the installer.
• Auto adjust Sweep time for sweep snapshot according to the analyze time windows.
• Sweep time increase up to 15 seconds.
• Independent use of coherence for Magnitude and Phase curve transparency.
• Freeze function with return key now working on all layout and enhanced on live layout (will hide all RT curves).

Main Fixes
• Mac OS X: Fix - Installer was not installing all required files on a fresh install.
• Mac OS X: Fix - Copy, cut, past in edit fields.
• Mac OS X: Fix - Folder renaming.
• Mac OS X: Fix - 96k only choice in I/O settings when using default sound card on MacBookPro.
• Windows: Fix - Setup problems.
• Windows: Fix - Security/Auth problems.
• Mac OS X & Windows: Fix - Crash or freeze when switching "Pure spectrum" button in main settings.
• Mac OS X & Windows: Fix - Auto Pause not working properly
• Overall: Additional minor fixes.

Main changes, SampleGrabber
• New - VST 64 bit version, MAC OS X & Windows.
• New - AU 64 bit version, MAC OS X.
• New - AAX Native 32 bit version, MAC OS X & Windows.
• New - AAX DSP 64 bit version for ProTools 11, MAC OS X & Windows.

Availability
For current owners of Pure Analyzer System the upgrade is free of charge. The new versions are available for download Now on our website, as are dongle-free trial versions for testing Pure Analyzer System.

Old 29th April 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthi Galore View Post
Happy new Pure Analyzer System user here. It is by far my favorite software RTA in my arsenal. I've a bad habit of staring at its gorgeous interface (it is hypnotic). And of course, it's extremely precise, useful, fluid and fast. (Running on my Macbook Pro via wifi with SampleGrabber instantiated on my Mac Pro machine).

So I'm thrilled to wake up this morning to this announcement from Flux:

Pure Analyzer System - Now 64-bit & SampleGrabber AAX

Today we release the Pure Analyzer System sp3, introducing AAX and 64-bit compatibility. The stand alone Pure Analyzer application is now 64-bit compatible on both MAC OS X and Windows, and the SampleGrabber plug-in now supports AU/VST 32/64-bit, AAX Native (32-bit only) as well as AAX DSP 64-bit (requires ProTools 11).
During the release period we offer an introduction special of the Pure Analyzer Essential and the Pure Analyzer add-on options with 30% Off from the MSRP*

* (This offer can not be combined with any other discounts or offers, Last day of availability June 1st)

Important note!!

Due to compatibility issues the Sample Grabber plugin installation has been removed from the Pure Analyzer setup file, and from now on instead is to be installed separately.

Main New Features
• Essential:
RTA: Real Time waterfall; see "slide" option in spectrum setup.
• Live:
SnapShot: Invert ("Iv" button) function available on Transfer Function Magnitude.

Main Enhancements
• Mac OS X: The binary is now 64 bit.
• Windows: 32 & 64 bit version available with independent installers.
• Windows: No more Python installation needed, a python distribution is now instead included in the installer.
• Auto adjust Sweep time for sweep snapshot according to the analyze time windows.
• Sweep time increase up to 15 seconds.
• Independent use of coherence for Magnitude and Phase curve transparency.
• Freeze function with return key now working on all layout and enhanced on live layout (will hide all RT curves).

Main Fixes
• Mac OS X: Fix - Installer was not installing all required files on a fresh install.
• Mac OS X: Fix - Copy, cut, past in edit fields.
• Mac OS X: Fix - Folder renaming.
• Mac OS X: Fix - 96k only choice in I/O settings when using default sound card on MacBookPro.
• Windows: Fix - Setup problems.
• Windows: Fix - Security/Auth problems.
• Mac OS X & Windows: Fix - Crash or freeze when switching "Pure spectrum" button in main settings.
• Mac OS X & Windows: Fix - Auto Pause not working properly
• Overall: Additional minor fixes.

Main changes, SampleGrabber
• New - VST 64 bit version, MAC OS X & Windows.
• New - AU 64 bit version, MAC OS X.
• New - AAX Native 32 bit version, MAC OS X & Windows.
• New - AAX DSP 64 bit version for ProTools 11, MAC OS X & Windows.

Availability
For current owners of Pure Analyzer System the upgrade is free of charge. The new versions are available for download Now on our website, as are dongle-free trial versions for testing Pure Analyzer System.

I tried it today, but so many chrashes it's not funny.

Everytime I hit my masterkeyboard the Flex Analyzer chrashed and when I remove the sample grabber from my DAW it crashed my DAW.

Don't know, I would really like it but it seems to have some major bugs!?

I'am on Mac 10.8.3
DAW: Ableton Live 9

I will try it now on Pro Tools 10
Old 29th April 2013
Gear Maniac

Ok the problem seems only to occurred with Ableton Live.
With PT10 and Logic everything works.
Old 2nd June 2013
Here for the gear

Hi, before buying it I would like to know if it does the same thing as Blue Cat Audio's FreqAnalyst Multi that I was about to buy (until I stumbled across the -30% discount)
does it do this :

lets you visualize the spectral content of several audio tracks on the same screen with extreme smoothness and high resolution, for both time and frequency. It is the ideal solution for mixing: you can use it as a frequency overlap detector and actually see which part of the spectrum every single instrument uses. It is now also possible to easily compare the spectrum of several instances (for EQ matching or response curve measurement) thanks to the new 'Diff' view which displays the difference between several curves.

I am pretty sure that it probably does what I'm asking here, but will I need to get the Multichannel Option? Which is another 99€ with discount!!! Hope I can save that! If not I might just go for the Analysis Pack from Blue Cat Audio, it included DP Meter Pro, FreqAnalyst Pro & Multi, Oscilloscope Multi, Stereoscope Pro & Multi, it is quite a complete package, it's 299$ and I think there is no need for any dongles! Any suggestions on other bundles before i make the jump are welcome! (I've only read very positive reviews on the Analysis Pack)

Hope someone can send a reply fast enough because the promotion is about to expire in less then 48 hours. I already sent an email to the support team at Flux but since it's Sunday today, I doubt that I'll get a reply with the day.

Thanks Member Gearslutz !
Old 2nd June 2013
Sound shaper - I think I asked them a similar question about multi input monitoring of signals. I think I recall them saying it was just for surround.
Old 20th June 2013
Here for the gear

I never got an appropriate answer, they also answered me saying it's for surround, but I guess they must mean the Multi-channel option... Cos I can't imagine an analyzer like this can't perform something so simple!? So anyway I went ahead and bought this during the discount, but I only got home now so I am gonna try it out as soon as I get some time!

Mafiacondon : if u r still I interested to know about this Multi track display thing, I can keep u posted here.
Old 20th June 2013
Here for the gear

I never got an appropriate answer, they also answered me saying it's for surround, but I guess they must mean the Multi-channel option... Cos I can't imagine an analyzer like this can't perform something so simple!? So anyway I went ahead and bought this during the discount, but I only got home now so I am gonna try it out as soon as I get some time!

Mafiacondon : if u r still I interested to know about this Multi track display thing, I can keep u posted here.
Old 14th July 2013
Gear Nut

Latest licensed/full version downloaded yesterday from Flux's website crashes *immediately* upon launch every time, just after a glimpse of the splash screen, running on Mac OS 10.7.5. No diagnostic window with warnings, error messages, or chance to look at/configure Analyzer's preferences, etc.

Does not matter if DAW program is running or not (Logic 9.1.8), or what version of the sample grabber plugin is used. No remote network connection being used (DAW and Pure Analyzer app on same host). Crash log for Pure Analyzer indicates thread 9 always crashes in 32 bit mode (even w/o Logic running). Unfortunately, we still have to sometimes run Logic in 32 bit mode since not all 3rd party vendors have caught up to 64 bit mode.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search