The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Flux released it's Pure Analyzer System! Metering & Analysis Plugins
Old 9th September 2011
  #31
It'll be interesting to see if say the phase torch is as accurate / fast as the standalone DK technologies meters.
Old 9th September 2011
  #32
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC5 View Post
I don't understand the stand alone idea with this. I thought this was a plugin that can be used inside Logic but also in stand alone mode. But people are saying this needs to be run on a separate computer (or not?). How does this software interact with audio in Logic? Any clarification appreciated.
As already mentioned in this thread, you don't have to run it on a second machine, but you can do so if you'd like to. The interaction with logic, or any other daw, is through the SampleGrabber plug-in, that grabs the samples from your plug-in host, and broadcasts them over the network to the actual Pure Analyzer application, and of course this can all be done on one and the same machine.




Cheers,
/Felix
Old 10th September 2011
  #33
Lives for gear
 
Airon's Avatar
 

Weird. I'd just use digital I/O, but if that works, even better.
Since I'll throw stuff at laptops that make noises, I'd probably put this in a Macbook Air.

What kind of resolution do these applications require to be efficient ? There is quite a bit of detail in them after all.

And what kind of performance is required ? Are decent netbooks an option ?
Old 10th September 2011
  #34
TC5
Lives for gear
 
TC5's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix (Flux) View Post
As already mentioned in this thread, you don't have to run it on a second machine, but you can do so if you'd like to. The interaction with logic, or any other daw, is through the SampleGrabber plug-in, that grabs the samples from your plug-in host, and broadcasts them over the network to the actual Pure Analyzer application, and of course this can all be done on one and the same machine.




Cheers,
/Felix
Ok thanks for the info. Is the reason the software is implemented that way because this affords better graphic performance than a regular plugin would?
Old 10th September 2011
  #35
Gear Addict
 
MatzeMillion's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC5 View Post
I don't understand the stand alone idea with this. I thought this was a plugin that can be used inside Logic but also in stand alone mode. But people are saying this needs to be run on a separate computer (or not?). How does this software interact with audio in Logic? Any clarification appreciated.
The advantage of a standalone application is, that you have the option to run it on another computer but you also can make it monitor the main output of your computer, not only the DAW. I have an Apogee Ensemble as my main audio interface and there you have the option to reroute the main outs to an unused input. I monitor this input with Pure Analyzer and now I can see every audio that leaves my computer. Whether it is iTunes, the DAW or just a video playing back in Safari. Very handy!
Old 10th September 2011
  #36
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Black View Post

Given that one can analyse separate streams of data in parallel in a highly intensive graphical interface without adding any undue burden to the audio systems themselves makes for a very unique product in my eyes! But then, as far as I know there could already be something similar on the market, I've just never heard of it before?

Anyhoo, I like it . . . although i could never afford it :[
I think Spectre does it with AU
A.
Old 10th September 2011
  #37
Gear Head
 
BertilAlving's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuchholtz View Post
I tested it for some hours today and it works just fine over WiFi.

I think I´ll buy it in a few days.
I just wonder how it makes use of my iLok:

DAW is on iMac / Analyzer is on MacBook Pro.
iLok is on iMac of course and must stay there.

Will it work that way?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix (Flux) View Post
In this case, you will need another ilok. For obvious reasons the ilok auth is needed for the actual analyzer application, not on the plug-in side.




Cheers,
/Felix
This will make it very impractical: My iLok must be plugged into the DAW computer (needed for using all my other plug-in licenses). So if I want to use a dedicated computer for the Analyser display via the SampleGrabber plugin, then I have to buy a separate iLok for the Analyser license? It's not only the problem to accept the extra expence for another iLok, I just don't like the idea to hazzle with another iLock instead of having all licenses collected in one iLok.

Wouldn't it be possible to have the iLok license at the plugin side, and let the standalone Analyser be functional when the signal comes from the SampleGrabber, with all other standalone functions prohibited without an iLok at the Analyser computer??? Just an idea to make it more practical...

Best regards,
Bertil
Old 10th September 2011
  #38
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertilAlving View Post
This will make it very impractical: My iLok must be plugged into the DAW computer (needed for using all my other plug-in licenses). So if I want to use a dedicated computer for the Analyser display via the SampleGrabber plugin, then I have to buy a separate iLok for the Analyser license? It's not only the problem to accept the extra expence for another iLok, I just don't like the idea to hazzle with another iLock instead of having all licenses collected in one iLok.

Wouldn't it be possible to have the iLok license at the plugin side, and let the standalone Analyser be functional when the signal comes from the SampleGrabber, with all other standalone functions prohibited without an iLok at the Analyser computer??? Just an idea to make it more practical...

Best regards,
Bertil

The most beautiful option would be to not have to think about copy-protection at all, in the best of worlds, unfortunately we can't leave functionality in "open" like that and "disable" it without having the actual application protected, that would take like one or two days for someone to crack... Apart from that, it would make things pretty difficult for those who prefer to use it as standalone only, with hardware i/o only (as core audio and asio is also supported in the pure analyzer application). So it leaves us with no other choice really!





Cheers,
/Felix
Old 10th September 2011
  #39
nux
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
This will make it very impractical: My iLok must be plugged into the DAW computer (needed for using all my other plug-in licenses). So if I want to use a dedicated computer for the Analyser display via the SampleGrabber plugin, then I have to buy a separate iLok for the Analyser license? It's not only the problem to accept the extra expence for another iLok, I just don't like the idea to hazzle with another iLock instead of having all licenses collected in one iLok.
Or you get a Flux dongle instead for the Analyzer. It doesn't only look better, it also makes the application loading faster :-)

Understand your point but as felix said, piracy is these days a big problem. So i really understand them
Old 15th September 2011
  #40
Gear Nut
 
dreissk's Avatar
 

Being very excited about this product I downloaded the demo tonight and tried running it from my MacBook Pro and a PT session (9.0.5) running on my tower (10.6.7). In 10 minutes I've had two kernel panic crashes and now ProTools refuses to boot. The first crash occurred right when I hit play for the first time in PT with the Grabber plugin up and the Analyzer running on the MBP. The second time I was playing audio for about 30 seconds, everything working as expected, and it happened again.
It's looking like an uninstall/reinstall of PT is now necessary. Downloading the full installer now.
Has anyone else experienced this with the demo?
Old 15th September 2011
  #41
Gear Maniac
 
mrbibidy's Avatar
(DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY SOFTWARE COMPANY)
hmmm lets see Spectre for $84.99 or Flux Pure Analyzer for $1056.00... one is prettier than the other... both can stream (Im pretty sure Spectre's been doing it for ages), and the ONLY thing I THINK Spectre cant do that Flux does is multichannel.... but seriously... over 900$ more for multichannel... im sticking with Spectre... works great, the support is good and the economy is bad... when will more software peoples figure out what Waves did... lower prices even just a little and people will buy more product... thats how it works for my purchasing plans anyway.
Old 15th September 2011
  #42
Gear Maniac
 
01010110's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbibidy View Post
hmmm lets see Spectre for $84.99 or Flux Pure Analyzer for $1056.00
One of those prices is a temporary "Back To School Sale!"-price and the other price is totally wrong.

Anyways, now I got both of them. After trying the Pure Analyzer I'll probably never going to start Spectre again.
Old 15th September 2011
  #43
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbibidy View Post
(DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY SOFTWARE COMPANY)
hmmm lets see Spectre for $84.99 or Flux Pure Analyzer for $1056.00... one is prettier than the other... both can stream (Im pretty sure Spectre's been doing it for ages), and the ONLY thing I THINK Spectre cant do that Flux does is multichannel.... but seriously... over 900$ more for multichannel... im sticking with Spectre... works great, the support is good and the economy is bad... when will more software peoples figure out what Waves did... lower prices even just a little and people will buy more product... thats how it works for my purchasing plans anyway.

Each to his own, though please check our pricing scheme again, you're way out of line. The idea with Pure Analyzer System is that you get a good basic set of tools with the mandatory Pure Analyzer Essential, and then you add on what options you need, and in that way the cost will be tailored for your needs.
Old 15th September 2011
  #44
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreissk View Post
Being very excited about this product I downloaded the demo tonight and tried running it from my MacBook Pro and a PT session (9.0.5) running on my tower (10.6.7). In 10 minutes I've had two kernel panic crashes and now ProTools refuses to boot. The first crash occurred right when I hit play for the first time in PT with the Grabber plugin up and the Analyzer running on the MBP. The second time I was playing audio for about 30 seconds, everything working as expected, and it happened again.
It's looking like an uninstall/reinstall of PT is now necessary. Downloading the full installer now.
Has anyone else experienced this with the demo?

Unless you've already filed a report on this, please do so asap, we have had very few reports on crashes and major problems with this software, so we are indeed interesting to get to know more about this.
Flux:: Bugreports


Thanks.


Cheers,
/Felix
Old 15th September 2011
  #45
Oop
Gear Addict
 

Currently using Spectre. How is this better than Spectre other than user-interface and some additional features?

I've stayed I-Lok free all these years.
Old 15th September 2011
  #46
Lives for gear
 

Like the looks of that analyzer, but 1056$ for it is way too much, sorry.
Old 15th September 2011
  #47
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oop View Post
Currently using Spectre. How is this better than Spectre other than user-interface and some additional features?

I've stayed I-Lok free all these years.
Download the demo, alt. get an ilok and contact us and we'll send you a time restricted full and unlimited version, and try for yourself what you think, it would be interesting to get Your opinion!


Cheers,
/Felix
Old 15th September 2011
  #48
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
Like the looks of that analyzer, but 1056$ for it is way too much, sorry.
Though that price is not correct, we never expected all people to have the need ALL modules, so please see our website and you'll understand how it works.

Flux:: sound and picture development


Cheers,
/felix
Old 15th September 2011
  #49
bee
Lives for gear
 
bee's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbibidy View Post
(DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY SOFTWARE COMPANY)
hmmm lets see Spectre for $84.99 or Flux Pure Analyzer for $1056.00... one is prettier than the other... both can stream (Im pretty sure Spectre's been doing it for ages), and the ONLY thing I THINK Spectre cant do that Flux does is multichannel.... but seriously... over 900$ more for multichannel... im sticking with Spectre... works great, the support is good and the economy is bad... when will more software peoples figure out what Waves did... lower prices even just a little and people will buy more product... thats how it works for my purchasing plans anyway.
Wow, I had no idea the Pure Analyzer cost that much. ouch!
Old 15th September 2011
  #50
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Wow, I had no idea the Pure Analyzer cost that much. ouch!

The base version, Pure Analyzer Essential, is 399 usd, and then each option module, Live, Metering, Multichannel, is 219 usd each... we dont expect everyone to need ALL modules...




Cheers,
/Felix
Old 15th September 2011
  #51
Lives for gear
 

I believe reasonable price would be somewhere between 200 to 250 $ for Pure Analyzer Essential.
Old 15th September 2011
  #52
Gear Nut
 
dreissk's Avatar
 

I think I'll leave the experience of my crashes here. I don't want to sign up for your bug tracking service, Gemini, just to report my findings. If you'd like more detailed information on the crashes I've experienced please PM me and I'd be more than happy to give you any details you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix (Flux) View Post
Unless you've already filed a report on this, please do so asap, we have had very few reports on crashes and major problems with this software, so we are indeed interesting to get to know more about this.
Flux:: Bugreports


Thanks.


Cheers,
/Felix
Old 15th September 2011
  #53
Gear Maniac
 
Lab of Sound's Avatar
 

The responsiveness of the metering is amazing IMO, really in sync and bouncing with the music (in particular the spectrum analyzer). This gives a very nice visual feedback of what is happening in the audio. Try for instance a simple drum pattern, and you see the kick and snare winging along in their respective frequency ranges.
I have not tried Spectre, but tried most of the other metering tools out there, and besides Pure Analyzer I also own Spectrafoo Complete. While Spectrafoo has a few specialty tools (such as the code metering), I feel Pure Analyzer excels in ease of use, flexibility, and responsiveness. My only regret with the Pure Analyzer system is that the information provided in the user manual is often meager. For instance, there are many metering options and presets, but none are explained in the manual. Hope it is a work in progress. Nevertheless, I can tell that a lot of passion went into the development of this plugin. And no, I am not affiliated with Flux, just a happy customer.
Old 15th September 2011
  #54
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreissk View Post
I think I'll leave the experience of my crashes here. I don't want to sign up for your bug tracking service, Gemini, just to report my findings. If you'd like more detailed information on the crashes I've experienced please PM me and I'd be more than happy to give you any details you want.
Please send me an email direct instead, felix at fluxhome dot com and I will forward the information direct to the engineers!


Thanks.


Cheers,
/Felix
Old 15th September 2011
  #55
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkasizer View Post
The responsiveness of the metering is amazing IMO, really in sync and bouncing with the music (in particular the spectrum analyzer). This gives a very nice visual feedback of what is happening in the audio. Try for instance a simple drum pattern, and you see the kick and snare winging along in their respective frequency ranges.
I have not tried Spectre, but tried most of the other metering tools out there, and besides Pure Analyzer I also own Spectrafoo Complete. While Spectrafoo has a few specialty tools (such as the code metering), I feel Pure Analyzer excels in ease of use, flexibility, and responsiveness. My only regret with the Pure Analyzer system is that the information provided in the user manual is often meager. For instance, there are many metering options and presets, but none are explained in the manual. Hope it is a work in progress. Nevertheless, I can tell that a lot of passion went into the development of this plugin. And no, I am not affiliated with Flux, just a happy customer.
This was the goal with this software "See what you hear and feel"... The responsiveness have to be one of the main considerations when designing a software like this, and we are finally very happy with our 2d/3d-engine and the way it performs, so its good to hear that you experience this to be amazing, it's exactly what we wanted!



Cheers,
/Felix
Old 26th September 2011
  #56
Lives for gear
 
stinkyfingers's Avatar
 

1. demo crashes (MBP 15" osx 10.6.8) every time i use it...
2. how do i get the Flux aggregate device off my Mac?
3. it's lovely, but i fancy myself in autumn...
Old 27th September 2011
  #57
Lives for gear
 
JSt0rm's Avatar
I think this would be great with the display split and feeding a 50" plasma outside the studio. I think clients would like the lights.
Old 27th September 2011
  #58
Gear Nut
 
jbuchholtz's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSt0rm View Post
I think this would be great with the display split and feeding a 50" plasma outside the studio. I think clients would like the lights.
I use a dedicated Mac Mini with a big LCD Screen on the side wall of my studio for it.
It´s eyecandy and very useful at the same time
Old 27th September 2011
  #59
Lives for gear
 
Dusty Angel's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkyfingers View Post
1. demo crashes (MBP 15" osx 10.6.8) every time i use it...
send a mail to flux and ask for a demo ilok full version.
i had the same problems with the demo.
the full version dosen´t crash
Old 27th September 2011
  #60
Lives for gear
 
NetworkAudio's Avatar
How does this stack up to Mergings "final check"?
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump