The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Native Instruments Maschine Mikro Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Nut

Native Instruments Maschine Mikro

Maschine Mikro ? - NI User Forums

Looks like a smaller version is out soon

£299 inc.vat

MASCHINE MIKRO is the perfect entry into the world of MASCHINE, giving you tactile, hands-on control for beat production, sampling and performance. This latest addition to the family has the same powerful software and 6 GB+ sample library as its big brother, as well as the same responsive pads on a more compact and portable controller. MASCHINE MIKRO makes a perfect addition for any production setup - get hands-on with your rhythms and grooves both in the studio and on the stage.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...aschine-mikro/

Old 5th September 2011
Administrator

Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Now they are talking. I cannot travel with the bigger version.
Old 5th September 2011
Administrator

Hardware

By combining the full-featured MASCHINE software with a streamlined and compact controller, MASCHINE MIKRO makes the acclaimed tactile and intuitive music creation approach of MASCHINE available at a significantly reduced physical footprint and price. At the same time, the new 1.7 software version provides advanced integration with the instruments and effects in the KOMPLETE 8 and KOMPLETE 8 ULTIMATE bundle both for MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO users.

MASCHINE MIKRO is based on a highly portable controller that provides hands-on control of the central MASCHINE features at two-thirds of the size and weight of the full-sized hardware. Utilizing a single display and a dynamically assigned high-resolution master encoder to enable its compact footprint, the bus-powered MIKRO controller retains the distinctive full-sized 4x4 matrix of pressure-sensitive, dynamically backlit MASCHINE drum pads with their acclaimed response and feel.

MASCHINE MIKRO includes the full-featured MASCHINE software with its versatile pattern-based live and step sequencing, VST and AU plug-in hosting, real-time audio recording, sample editing and advanced multi-effects. The MIKRO version also contains the full 6 GB MASCHINE sound library, expandable with the series of MASCHINE EXPANSIONS, as well as the free KOMPLETE ELEMENTS sound collection. With the new 1.7 software version, both MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO now also benefit from advanced integration with KOMPLETE 8 and KOMPLETE 8 ULTIMATE, providing advanced sound browsing and parameter mapping for all instruments and effects contained in the bundle.

Link : NATIVE INSTRUMENTS : HOME | HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE FOR MUSICIANS, PRODUCERS, DJS, GUITAR AND BASS PLAYERS
Old 5th September 2011
Administrator

Jeremy Ellis performs on Maschine Mikro

Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear
Cool gateway drug version of full maschine. But Ill stick to what Ive got I like my 8 knobs too much
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
I just watched that 5 times in a row...
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

i know this was is a mirko new product thread but that was some impressive skills lol
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

This is quite the stylin' little thing.

I have a Maschine, but this one could be fun for travel.

- c
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

One assumes that the cost of one of these for people who already have Maschine and want an extra travel version would be less, since you've already bougth the software, etc.

- c
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear
I just got Maschine not too long ago, but this looks right up my alley since I'm only using it for quick sequencing in Cubase.

If anyone wants an almost new Big Bro with matching white overlay protector, let me know.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Yeah, having a second maschine is always a good idea. The more the better
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

I think the controller only option will be a great idea for those who already have the big brother.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

They shoulda added at least one more knob! for end points and live effects.
Old 6th September 2011
Here for the gear

Firewire????

I think NI should introduce Firewire connection to the Machine Mikro

Last edited by krismasters; 6th September 2011 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: image to big
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismasters View Post
Why? It's just a midi controller.
Old 6th September 2011
One smart move I'd expect from NI is if they made a knobs controller section only at this point. Making Maschine being modular.
Would be very useful for the ones who formerly used Kore as a plugin hub.
Controller section only without pads.
Old 6th September 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismasters View Post

Whats your reasoning?

Graham
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

great demo video!
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidebomber View Post
Yeah, having a second maschine is always a good idea. The more the better
This would be for traveling professionals only, I imagine. Can't imagine it would have much appeal for anyone else.

- c
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

seems like this will cannibalize their product a lot. I know desk space is at a premium in my setup, seems like this is a good deal. I have plenty of other midi controllers for knobs and what not.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogo View Post
seems like this will cannibalize their product a lot. I know desk space is at a premium in my setup, seems like this is a good deal. I have plenty of other midi controllers for knobs and what not.
I guess the question is: Were you going to buy a Maschine before and this just saved you some money? Or were you not going to buy the Maschine before because it was too large and too expensive?

If you were already set to buy a larger Maschine and then bought this one instead 'cause it's smaller and cheaper, then that could be called cannibalization.

If not, then they have you as a new customer because of this design.

...which is their hope, of course.

- c
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Does Jeremy Ellis come with the Mikro?
A.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_bt View Post
Does Jeremy Ellis come with the Mikro?
A.
Ha ha ha ha!

Plus one on that!

- c
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Estimated street price?
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is rock and roll!
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

I wonder if there is a crossgrade from Kore?
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

Whats your reasoning?

Graham
The guy must have a macbook pro 15" and he's stuck with ridiculous input options , he thought he bought a pro laptop ...

If not that ....why this ridiculous question ....

To go back on the subject this will be portability VS control (knob controllling of plugins , parameters , presets filtering ect ...) great addition i think ...
But under than that i really hope they ugraded the quality of their USB connector ....fo real !!!

Oh maybe that's why the guy asked for firewire ?...
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-O View Post
Estimated street price?
£299 ... Be great if it came with a carry case or Gig bag
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Nut

Hi,

I checked the crossgrade from the mikro to komplete with native. It is a no goer. Shame.

Cheers
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search