The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Native Instruments Maschine Mikro Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicBoy View Post
I checked the crossgrade from the mikro to komplete with native. It is a no goer. Shame.
Not sure how that's surprising since the Mikro has not even been released yet. Maschine owners do get the crossgrade discount for Komplete 8 and Komplete 8 Ultimate.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
I guess the question is: Were you going to buy a Maschine before and this just saved you some money? Or were you not going to buy the Maschine before because it was too large and too expensive?

If you were already set to buy a larger Maschine and then bought this one instead 'cause it's smaller and cheaper, then that could be called cannibalization.

If not, then they have you as a new customer because of this design.

...which is their hope, of course.

- c
Well, I think their marketing may have worked better than I imagined. I started looking into this more because of mikro and imaschine, and then went ahead and bought the FULL Maschine! Crap, well at least I can somewhat justify the expense knowing how well maschine will control Geist.
Yeah, I'm a slut.
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Addict

Great way to market to trendy consumers. This is no more portable that the real Maschine controller but takes away most of what makes it a great product. You get 50% less for a 20% price reduction. And as if it was not already cheap enough. I guess if you are influenced by marketing into thinking professional producers actually try to make beats on the plane instead of just relaxing or picking up a book and reading.

That's like seeing Jordan on a plane with a miniature basketball hoop. Ridiculous.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Geek View Post
Great way to market to trendy consumers. This is no more portable that the real Maschine controller but takes away most of what makes it a great product. You get 50% less for a 20% price reduction. And as if it was not already cheap enough. I guess if you are influenced by marketing into thinking professional producers actually try to make beats on the plane instead of just relaxing or picking up a book and reading.

That's like seeing Jordan on a plane with a miniature basketball hoop. Ridiculous.

where are you getting the 50% less from? Also isn't it 669 vs 399 (which is more like 40%)?
rsp
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

What a weird post.

So many weird concepts, I don't know where to begin. ("As if it was not already cheap enough." What does that mean?)

I make my living exclusively from music (meaning I don't have another job) and this is precisely how I work. I'm always working. So, yeah, I bust out the laptop kinda wherever, including on a plane or in the hotel room or wherever. I try to do it so it's not too physically awkward, so whatever product makes that more convenient is going to appeal to me.

The Mikro seems like something you could use in a cafe or wherever and not draw too much attention to yourself. Try bringing a full-size Maschine into a public space and you'll get nothing but "Whoa! What is that? What are you doing??" from people in your vicinity. And you'll never get any work done.

Maschine is fantastic, and it is certainly portable from a certain standpoint. But it's not ideal thing to use in a lot of situations. It's just too large. So this product is designed to address that circumstance. It's not scandalous.

- c
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
What a weird post.

So many weird concepts, I don't know where to begin. ("As if it was not already cheap enough." What does that mean?)

I make my living exclusively from music (meaning I don't have another job) and this is precisely how I work. I'm always working. So, yeah, I bust out the laptop kinda wherever, including on a plane or in the hotel room or wherever. I try to do it so it's not too physically awkward, so whatever product makes that more convenient is going to appeal to me.

The Mikro seems like something you could use in a cafe or wherever and not draw too much attention to yourself. Try bringing a full-size Maschine into a public space and you'll get nothing but "Whoa! What is that? What are you doing??" from people in your vicinity. And you'll never get any work done.

Maschine is fantastic, and it is certainly portable from a certain standpoint. But it's not ideal thing to use in a lot of situations. It's just too large. So this product is designed to address that circumstance. It's not scandalous.

- c
I second that

Even if i don't make music on plane i have to be at least 3 months in the year going form paris to USA : New orleans /houston back n forth ....hotel room and all

Set up was in this : HP 8710w, FF400,Duende, Alphatrack , *MPD24 ,Novation remote SL compact , genelec 8020A ( Skrilla , M11, Choppa and Kernell on the cam)
And i can tell you for exemple going from akai mpd 24 to maschine was a big step (weight wise ...) duende native then , good another device out ...ect ....

So each cm/kg is an issue for my back and my workflow ....
that's why i'm also going from ff400 to babyface

And so i will probably go for that mikro soon....

But i'm say that i'm ok in the fact that we loose alot but this is compromise ...and as i'm using BPM too , i will be good anyway .....
Old 26th September 2011
Gear Nut
Great performer, this Jeremy Ellis.
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

I've been eying off Machine for a while now. MD or machine MD or machine. I've given up on the whole automap - "one controller to rule them all" which may might make my question seem really stupid.
What would be the lapover between this and the Lauchpad? My ex bought me the Launchpad for my birthday so between that, my BCR2000 and CME keyboard (49 note arturia Lab. which I think is one of the best investments I've made) I've split up my controlers into what I belive to be their intended component parts.
The lack of velocity sensitive pads on the LP has always bugged me but I know its meant for a different purpose - sequencing.

I may have answered my own question here but considering I was looking at the full version of the machine - is this going to be a worthwhile purchase - also running FXpansion geist via Abletone live and Logic 8

Thanks everyone for your assistance.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search