The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Novation Automap 4.0 DAW Software
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

Novation Automap 4.0

http://www.novationmusic.com/community/news/

Looks promising.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear
lame. doesn't work with my SL MKI.
Old 3rd September 2011
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Addict

work with every novation "automap" controller
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

Automap 4 will work with the new Impulse range of controllers as well as:
• SL MkII
• Nocturn Keyboard
• Nocturn
• ReMOTE SL
• Launchpad
• UltraNova
• iPhone/iPod Touch
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear
oops. just saw the remote SL. my mistake.
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Head

Anyone know when this will be available and if it will be compatible with OSX Lion? Not in a hurry to update from Snow Leopard but these things are always good to know! Thanks.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear
Worth noting that Novation are binning the Pro version in V4.

Is there a Pro version of Automap 4?
No, there is only one version of Automap 4 which includes all implemented features. All future Automap 4 updates will be free of charge.

ns
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
Worth noting that Novation are binning the Pro version in V4.

Is there a Pro version of Automap 4?
No, there is only one version of Automap 4 which includes all implemented features. All future Automap 4 updates will be free of charge.

ns
great to hear. i hope V4 comes out sooner than v3.8 (never)
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head
LOL

you are sooo right !
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Head

Hi all,

Automap 4 is compatible with Lion OSX. Currently we are testing 3.7.4 with Lion and will shortly be offering as much insight / workarounds as we can until a fix is available. For more information keep an eye on our answerbase.

All the best,

Tim

Focusrite / Novation
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

The weekend's almost upon us. I've got time to check out Automap 4 guys. Where is iiiiiit ?

And keep up the good work.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Despite being a bit glitchy and crashing out in Logic (Does advise of this in known issues). If you have a Nocturn/Keyboard with no onboard display screens the new pop up parameter name window is awesome. I've got it set to pop up in the left top corner of logic for 5 seconds when i touch a pot etc. So much quicker and easier to control Logic's mixer and plugins and navigate around without a big clunky automap screen.

It's crashed out a couple of times setting up mappings and seems to be a bug where if close the mapping window it wont then reopen again to edit but its a Beta and i can stick with that as when its running and things are setup its a million times better in my eyes.

Only thing Novation have done wrong here is make my Nocturn Keyboard easier to use as i was going to sell it for an impulse but think ill save the money and put it towards a new synth, so they've lost a sale

Def worth trying if you can put up with Beta type glitches

Ben
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I am a Automap pro user, what will happen to us? Did we waste our bucks?
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by an.unna.kid View Post
Seems so
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Not really. I mean the pro upgrade was $30 or whatever and with SL MkII's it was free. Now all those features are available and it's free.

Unless you've somehow paid for Automap 4 Pro (which doesn't exist), I'd say you got your money's worth.

I just hope v4 is much improved.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Just my luck...
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Just hope it's more useful than the previous automaps. I basically almost never use it. every time I tried getting it going for stuff it ended up being a time consuming hindrance. I mostly use my ReMOTE SL like a standard MIDI controller. I do like that it has a display that shows what I'm doing, but the automap angle never ended up working as advertised. Hopefully this new incarnation does a better job. But I'm not gonna waste a bunch of time trying to get it to sort of do what is advertised. Enough time was wasted with the prior incarnations.
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Nut
Grummy77, what exactly is not working for you or what features are you missing ?

I do use mouse and keyboard mostly, but I have to say the Automap (3.4 on my machine) is very flexible and adjustable. Also setting it up is very easy and fairly quickly.

One nice idea I got setting up automaps was using the push buttons to step through the frequencies for example with UAD 1073 and 1081 EQs. For 1081 mid frequencies the push buttons both have 11 steps. Upper button stepping through 1-100 and lower 100-1 (or vice versa) and the rotary pot between adjusting gain. This works for me as I like to keep my other hand on the mouse.

Now if I learned how to set up my Nocturn permanently only to send MIDI controls and not do the 'Automap-thing' at all. My main controller is Remote SL. I'd like to use the the Nocturn for channel FX send levels only in Nuendo.

Waiting for Automap4.
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Addict

For me automap has become useless on my PT903 win7 install. For some reason 374 would not or could not rewrap my installed plug base which now includes UAD6. So I tried the beta 4 update and that only worked for about 30 minutes until I tried a demo of UAD's new ATR plug and then all sorts of nasty behavior with PT903 occured. After that it was lights out for my otherwise stable PT 903 rig. Bottom line: I tossed it...frustrating thing is I like automap and it's been solid for several years in my usage. Right now I get the feeling that the Nov/Focusrite org is a bit underwater. hope they come up for air soon, I'm a fan.
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Nut
I've stuck to 3.4 because it works for me and up from 3.5 you lose the Automap bar at the bottom of the plugin. I'm just used to left-click the 'A' to focus a certain plugin. I'm on Nuendo 4 (x86) and Vista64 (will update to Win7x64 soon, but it's such a big task and the system runs very nice atm...)
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I didn't like the bar under the plugins... + 3.7 is nicer on the pcu
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

When is it?
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Nut
an.unna.kid: How do you choose which plugin is in Automap's focus then ??

I know you can browse fx, instruments etc. via the Automap window, but when there are many plugins on 100+ tracks it's not so fast to find the correct one. There may be easy way to do this, but I never bothered to update as I've managed ok with 3.4.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I have the pro version and whenever I choose a plugin nocturn follows for a sec or two. But yeah I see your point when using many plugins, it gets messy...

I started using a 7" usb touchscreen for my automap and plugin graphics. all my plugins turn up there and now I dont have to bother having them in the same screen as the arrange. its effective as I see directly what I'm doing with the plugin using the nocturn controller (without the direct call function on). easy to mix and fun for the customer too :-) looks really cool

lets hope 4.0 rocks
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Here you go:
Focusrite / Novation Beta Testing :: Releases

It's Beta at the moment but I'm sure it's fully functional
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear
Tried the beta but it's still pretty glitchy for me.

Also, this from the list of "known issues": - 64bit plug-ins on Windows do not get recognise in host after enabling

When I did get it to work, it looked like a real improvement over V3. Better layout and organization. Hope the kinks can get worked out soon.

Q: Wondering if anyone has had any success with automap and spectrasonics products. I don't mind making my own maps but it seems really problematic trying to make a simple map with omnisphere and trillian.
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Head
i wish they wouldn't say stuff like "Automap 4 is here!" when it is clearly not. bumheads!
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
I have the pro version and whenever I choose a plugin nocturn follows for a sec or two. But yeah I see your point when using many plugin

I started using a 7" usb touchscreen for my automap and plugin graphics. all my plugins turn up there and now I dont have to bother having them in the same screen as the arrange. its effective as I see directly what I'm doing with the plugin using the nocturn controller (without the direct call function on). easy to mix and fun for the customer too :-) looks really cool

lets hope 4.0 rocks
Sounds interesting! Do you have the make or link to that touch screen?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search