The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Universal Audio V6 arrived
Old 13th September 2011
Trekkies and UAD bashing aside, I just got 2 more Solo flexi cards from 'Fr nt E d Au d o' at 10% off via store sale, $1000 in included vouchers, $498 in coupons (new users get the EMT 250 free, existing users get a coupon for same value), plus the 30% UA special (ends Sept 30th): Buy one v6 plug at full price and get 30% off all other plugs (5.8 or earlier) when you buy an additional two or more.

So, I got the following:

2 UAD Solo cards
Analog Classics (included)
Ampex
Studer
Manley MP
LA-3A
Harrison EQ
Cooper Time Cube
Roland Dim D
Boss Chorus
EMT-140

all for $1258

Without this perfect storm of specials, this would have cost me $2389.

My native plugs are squirming with jealousy atm.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixtree Audio View Post
all for $1258

Without this perfect storm of specials, this would have cost me $2389.
Well, okay, but did you really need all that crap?

Are you sure it's really all worth even the $1258, let alone the $2389?

Serious question, not trying to troll here. You already owned the Analog Classics, so that doesn't even really count.

JSL
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyc View Post
Right so nothing actually to say in reply then ? A witty retort indeed.

Nice to have an "intelligent" discussion with you

If you dont have a UAD card or dont have the money to buy one , or any intention of buying one, why are you posting here ?

Some guy I have never heard of in my life posting facepalms is hardly going to make me think I have made a mistake in buying UAD so good luck to you love.
Well fairly you have to factor in the cost of the dongle...err I mean UAD cards as well. And of course native plugs have specials too. I believe SPL even had one awhile ago that was a great deal.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

I've got no opinion on who was "right" or "wrong" in the original argument, but having said that ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyc View Post
Some guy I have never heard of in my life posting facepalms is hardly going to make me think I have made a mistake in buying UAD so good luck to you love.
I cannot agree strongly enough with the above. The lame, non-discussion around here can be awfully discouraging.

Faced with an intransigent opponent, the best thing you can say is just: "There doesn't seem to be any point to continuing this discussion. I've said my piece, best of luck to everyone."

JSL
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Well fairly you have to factor in the cost of the dongle...err I mean UAD cards as well. And of course native plugs have specials too. I believe SPL even had one awhile ago that was a great deal.
That's a very fair point. You can amass a whole bunch of great processors from PSP Audioware and (for PT users) Massey without spending very much money. It's not as complete of a collection as UAD offers, but it's certainly top-notch quality and certainly cost-effective.

Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing, but from our perspective, the whole point of a UAD investment would be to get the Analog Classics collection back on our PT rigs. We miss them! All these newer plugs, I really don't care much about. We've got Sonnox, Waves, PSP, Massey, AudioEase, Cranesong ... these other plugs aren't going to change our lives.

JSL
Old 14th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslevin View Post
Well, okay, but did you really need all that crap?

Are you sure it's really all worth even the $1258, let alone the $2389?

Serious question, not trying to troll here. You already owned the Analog Classics, so that doesn't even really count.

JSL
Well sure it's worth it, or I wouldn't have invested in it. Quite a bargain actually. I have demoed all the plugs many many times and knew which ones I wanted/needed. I have all the UAD plugs I need now.

And my first card did not include the Analog Classics bundle. Originally got it for the EMT250 & Fatso using my voucher. And I can sell one of the new solos with the Analog Classics in the future if I want to upgrade to a quad.

UAD=not crap.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
I buy native plugs when they are on special too, the new PSP EQ was cheap as I have bought other plugins from them in the past, Valhallas stuff is always well priced, the audiomidi no brainers are fantastic, im using devil-loc deluxe a bunch alongside my other soundtoys plugins, just got EQuick for free too. . . . and I still feel like the UAD plugins were a really good deal as well.
Ill take a bargain from anywhere ! heh
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search