The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Universal Audio V6 arrived
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind View Post
You know that 64Bit Cubase has a better performance than a 32Bit Cubase?

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/view...hp?f=19&t=5658

You know that sample libraries using a lot of RAM, right? Eventually you get the picture while it's important to have a 64Bit DAW and also 64Bit plug-ins.
But also without more RAM, bridging of 32Bit plug-ins needing extra processing power, are sometimes buggy and so on. Bit-Bridges are are not a permanent solution.
VE Pro works brilliantly. Honestly I am not too in a rush to upgrade my host to 64bit. You actually have quicker saves times when yo bridge out decoupled from the host using sample libraries too.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
Not everyone uses Pro Tools......there are other Daws available apart it.

Graham
Understood but the point was brought up during the celebration of RTAS compatibility...

TH
Old 2nd September 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
Understood but the point was brought up during the celebration of RTAS compatibility...

TH
Yeah but gearnerd never mentioned RTAS.
Mind you I did think that UA would be quick off the block with 64bit though with this release.
Well i was wrong.
I, like others, feel that when the last of the major Daws become 64bit then Uad and Waves will follow sharpish.

Best,
Graham
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

ok, we've heard enough from the people who have excuses not to buy it or use it, lets hear from the people who have installed it and are using it.

Who is using it?
What is the word on the good & maybe not ready yet features?

I don't need a Ferrari, i don't drive fast, i'm too tall to fit in one and also don't wanna spend the money on it..... And im also NOT posting on the Ferrari forum
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I, like others, feel that when the last of the major Daws become 64bit then Uad and Waves will follow sharpish.
Yeah, I think when the big dog (PT) goes 64bit, UA & Waves updates will either be already released and 64bit compatible or pretty darn close to it. I think the more interesting question is, which one of the last three major holdouts will be the first to 64bit? ...........PT, UAD or Waves? Anybody taking bets? heh

Cheers,

Billy Buck

Last edited by Billy Buck; 2nd September 2011 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: ?
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

64-bit support from UAD is a deal breaker for me.

No 64-bit = No UAD. This applies to any other plug-in developer. 32-bit plug-ins are a NO-No in my book, and I feel this is the only way to push developers to speed up their 64-bit development, otherwise, they can take a back seat, and be very comfortable with 32-bit. plug-ins.

Hoping that UAD speeds up their 64-bit development

They should have been ready (NOW)
Old 2nd September 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMoshay View Post
....I don't need a Ferrari, i don't drive fast, i'm too tall to fit in one and also don't wanna spend the money on it..... And im also NOT posting on the Ferrari forum
Nobody needs a Ferrari!
But you might buy one if it was compatible with your size.

As many would buy more (or start buying into) UAD if they were compatible with their systems.
And as for the money thing the Ferrari example is a bit of a stretch.

Graham
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrythave View Post
I use 280 vitalizers native and 56 on the UAD which I bounce so I can use another 280 + 56 vitalizers.

I also try to open all GUI's so I can tweak them realy fast. But the problem is that they won't fit on my dual 22" screens.
Who make the other vitalizer,how much does it cost and how do they compare sound wise?

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 2nd September 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGJAY View Post
Who make the other vitalizer,how much does it cost and how do they compare sound wise?

SPL. It's the same plugin, and (I assume) same code

Matt
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind View Post
You know that 64Bit Cubase has a better performance than a 32Bit Cubase?

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/view...hp?f=19&t=5658

You know that sample libraries using a lot of RAM, right? Eventually you get the picture while it's important to have a 64Bit DAW and also 64Bit plug-ins.
But also without more RAM, bridging of 32Bit plug-ins needing extra processing power, are sometimes buggy and so on. Bit-Bridges are are not a permanent solution.
I am fully aware of what 64 bit means.... and I know it makes sense in general. I was not asking for some general theory or knowledge tho.

I was asking YOU personally, if you really need 64 bit for your... let's call it simple music. Be it RAM or the super-uber performance boost (not).

My thesis is, that there are to many kiddies out there (I don*t mean you), that read some half arsed knowledge and now put an incredible pressure on companies by screaming for 64 bit without even needing it for their tiny, crappy electronic tootling-music.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

I have to say that recently I bought the Dave Gamble´s EQuality and it beats EVERY SINGLE EQ plugin UAD-2 has to offer. This EQ can do everything and much better!

Even UAD´s Neve 1073 sounds very dirty and lo-fi, kinda like low bitrate mp3 compared to EQuality, which makes everything shine clearly. And it´s only 99£. And it´s 64-bit!!!

So I definitely think that UA should drop their prices. Also because they are doing lousy job with their updates.

The insane amount of money I´ve invested in their stinking platform should at least give me freaking 64-bits already.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Hey All-

I have a question.

I hope this doesn't get overshadowed by all the financial posts and 'I can use 6,000 SPL Vitalizers Native' posts, etc...

I've got a full session going right now with tons of UAD2 plugs. I'd really like to demo the new tape emu and was wondering if I were to update to the new version now...would all my plugs have to be reset in the session?

Just wondering if anyone has done this yet....updated to the new RTAS platform and opened a previous VST session in Pro Tools 9.....

Thanks for any help....

Scott
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorboy View Post
Hey All-

I have a question.

I hope this doesn't get overshadowed by all the financial posts and 'I can use 6,000 SPL Vitalizers Native' posts, etc...

I've got a full session going right now with tons of UAD2 plugs. I'd really like to demo the new tape emu and was wondering if I were to update to the new version now...would all my plugs have to be reset in the session?

Just wondering if anyone has done this yet....updated to the new RTAS platform and opened a previous VST session in Pro Tools 9.....

Thanks for any help....

Scott
Yes. I updated yesterday and I had to reopen all my Uad plugs as
Rtas. I can't remember, but I think they didn't save settings.
Old 3rd September 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappolito View Post
Wow, how much RAM do you need for your "complex" music?
Quote:
I am fully aware of what 64 bit means.... and I know it makes sense in general. I was not asking for some general theory or knowledge tho.
I was asking YOU personally, if you really need 64 bit for your... let's call it simple music. Be it RAM or the super-uber performance boost (not).
If you truly are "fully aware of what 64 bit means" for some people, then why do you have to be so rude and ignorant towards them when they voice their disappointment towards the absence of support for it.
And then request knowledge of the resources they use.

Quote:
My thesis is, that there are to many kiddies out there (I don*t mean you), that read some half arsed knowledge and now put an incredible pressure on companies by screaming for 64 bit without even needing it for their tiny, crappy electronic tootling-music.
Yeah i get what your saying, you will find incorrect information on the internet.....as well as people that seem to post more negative comments towards others than positively contribute to the forums.
But this time the there was no false info.
If you work in a specific way, with sample libraries etc, then the access to more RAM would be quite beneficial.

While i don't write electronic music myself i do enjoy some of it.
But insulting a genre and the artists that create that music isn't cool at all.

To go back on topic, here is a couple of simple videos of the SPL Vitalizer MK2-T and the Brainworx bx_digital V2 EQ i just came across:

Graham

Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cheadle View Post
I love UA and always have but im still having latency issues in PT9. I have to set my latency to 1024. Oh and one more thing. The new ATR 102 sounds very nice but in the video they are a/bing the hardware and software. I had this tape machine for about 5 years and when they played the HW I was like "yea that's what I remember"" then they switched to the SW and all I can think is "that's what SW sounds like" boo to you UA.

Side note. Steven slate VCC IS KILLER.

Sent from my DROIDX using Gearslutz.com App
Make sure you have the delay compensation amounts at the bottom of you mix tracks. You will see that decreasing the buffer size actually makes the latency less, not the other way around. I know that when you run out of power you tend to turn the buffer size up...well with UAD, if you are hearing latency, you turn it the other way. You can only use about 2 or 3 UAD plugins on a track before the latency gets to where it cant be compensated for. Thank goodness PT9 has Delay Compensation
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrainer View Post
So the last good compressor UAD released was the Neve 33609?
The Fatso is being pimped under special processing as a tape
emulation, and that SSL G Bus Comp seemed like a quick phone-in
to grab some Duende market.

I want to hear a UAD2 compressor with the attention to detail that
the Massive Passive has.

I would LOVE an Atomic Squeezebox and Thermionic Phoenix.
I'll settle for the Vari-mu, but I would kill for a Retro Sta Level.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchhare View Post
Yes. I updated yesterday and I had to reopen all my Uad plugs as
Rtas. I can't remember, but I think they didn't save settings.

Hey thanks...I just updated and all is well. I had saved all the settings as presets just in case but it turns out the settings were saved its just you need to re-name the preset.

Thanks,

Scott
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
If you truly are "fully aware of what 64 bit means" for some people, then why do you have to be so rude and ignorant towards them when they voice their disappointment towards the absence of support for it.
And then request knowledge of the resources they use.

Yeah i get what your saying, you will find incorrect information on the internet.....as well as people that seem to post more negative comments towards others than positively contribute to the forums.
But this time the there was no false info.
If you work in a specific way, with sample libraries etc, then the access to more RAM would be quite beneficial.

While i don't write electronic music myself i do enjoy some of it.
But insulting a genre and the artists that create that music isn't cool at all.
No, I said that 64 bit makes sense (for example because some people really need tons of RAM). I just said that I bet that _most_ people who scream for 64 bit do NOT need it. They just think they do because they read some general information about it and then scream "need !" because they got no clue. And I did not diss electronic music either, infact I LOVE good electronic music.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear
I already own the SPL vitalizer, do I get the UA version for free ?
+1 for 64 bit asap
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgeezer View Post
I already own the SPL vitalizer, do I get the UA version for free ?
LOL. I think all real Ampex ATR-102 owners will have a UAD version for free
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Addict

people are complaining that they can only use 56 vitalizers??
(btw i really think the UAD Transient Designer sounds way different than the native one and for me the UAD version is better)

if the questionable (not for me!) advance in sound quality of some of UADs best plugins is not worth the disadvantages of this platform then just don´t use it

it´s so boring
just use native on a modern computer and think again when uad3 comes out

NOone except me wants real and full RTAS/protools support?
(automation shortcuts, multi mono, plugin bypass with delay compensation)

??

ok seems i´m the only die hard PT user with UAD
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:

Man he need 24 gigs of RAM too!

A must have,because they sell it!

But in all fairness "WE ARE SLUTZ"

Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

please no 64 bit right now! don't waste your time, UA. the majority of your customers probably care very little about 64 bits. don't give in to these strange pleas for 64 bits, i bet most of them, if u took a look at their systems & software that they use, aren't even set up to realize the benefits of 64 bits.

some of them are right and they probably would benefit, but please listen to me and don't do it. 64 bits makes me sick. i hope i never have to see this absurd monstrosity actually glorified enough to merit your attention.

64 bits is silly. and thank u for upholding some kind of barrier against these knee jerk loserz. i can't believe they worry so much about all these minute details. which is good now and then. ****.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemeek View Post
people are complaining that they can only use 56 vitalizers??
i highly suspect people were joking about that heh
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
No, I said that 64 bit makes sense (for example because some people really need tons of RAM). I just said that I bet that _most_ people who scream for 64 bit do NOT need it. They just think they do because they read some general information about it and then scream "need !" because they got no clue. And I did not diss electronic music either, infact I LOVE good electronic music.
Yeah you bet, emphasis on the word bet. Which means you don´t know.

Well I need 64-bit and I bet that most of the people who are screaming for it, know exactly why they need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by :deth:roxxmeowserz View Post
please no 64 bit right now! don't waste your time, UA. the majority of your customers probably care very little about 64 bits. don't give in to these strange pleas for 64 bits, i bet most of them, if u took a look at their systems & software that they use, aren't even set up to realize the benefits of 64 bits.

some of them are right and they probably would benefit, but please listen to me and don't do it. 64 bits makes me sick. i hope i never have to see this absurd monstrosity actually glorified enough to merit your attention.

64 bits is silly. and thank u for upholding some kind of barrier against these knee jerk loserz. i can't believe they worry so much about all these minute details. which is good now and then. ****.
Hahahah, I nomite this for the post of the year title! Made my day! Thanks for that.
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

I'd like to give it a shot here before starting a thread about it. Here goes a simple question :

Is anybody aware of an actual benefit (besides external DSP calculation) of the Brainworx Digital V2 EQ in its UAD version against the native one ?

Used the search engine, read the manual (same for both versions). No clue yet. Any help ?

Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

No benefit, same plug-in.
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
I believe they've merely stated how i7 cpu, which is a standard today, is much stronger (5x) than UAD Quad, which costs 5x of that i7 cpu.
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
How many vitalizers can you use if you use one manley passive, a few tracks with studers, and the new ampex?

56 vs 270 (Intel I7 930 3.8ghz, not even the latest CPU generation) instances just shows what a crappy performance UAD cards deliver. No one - I hope - wants 56 vitalizers.

Sigh... it's not that hard...

Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear
I just tried to run SPL Vitalizer Native on my overclocked SandyBridge 2600k.

Many of you know that SandyBridge is Intel latest and most advanced CPU.

Stock settings are 3,4Ghz but i am running it on aircooler at 4,7Ghz without any kind of stability problem. Zero problems whatsoever.

44khz
400 SPL Vitalizers and my ASIO meter is showing 89% CPU usage. After 400 i am pretty bored.

Again 400 SPL Vitalizers loaded..Playback without crackling. Actually i have 9 Ableton Live samplers plugin loaded in that project. No joke. Anyone with this CPU and this plugin can confirm no problem for me. I am saying just because 400 seems ridiculous score and it is but it is real result.

So..400 isn't that bad.

Last edited by mpod; 3rd September 2011 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: wrong information about sampler - changed to Ableton not Kontakt
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search