The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Beesneez Judas Ribbon Mic
Old 7th July 2011
Hardware Beesneez Judas Ribbon Mic

Introducing the first in the brand new Studio Series range from Beesneez is the "Judas" ribbon.

New for 2011, the BeesNeez Judas is set to become an international favourite. Finally, a ribbon microphone that sounds amazing and doesn’t cost a bag of silver.

For decades, experienced engineers and artists have turned to ribbon microphones for their realistic sound and incredible warmth. The BeesNeez Judas sets the new modern standard at great price without compromise.

Like many of it’s predecessors, the BeesNeez Judas has a clear and flat frequency response, the output is a little hotter than most though due to the superiority of great modern components such as the neo magnets and Lundahl transformer that were not available during the height of ribbon popularity.

Until now, ribbon microphones of this quality have been priced far beyond mere mortals. The BeesNeez Judas will outperform, outlast and impress even the most critical customer.

The entire BeesNeez Judas is made in our Australian factory, starting with brass rod, we turn and mill the body using our 4 axis CNC Turning Centre, we then etch prime and spray the body and ends. The assembly is then baked in our oven (yes the type that you can cook in!!). While the body and internals are baking we assemble the ribbon motor and ribbon. Every ribbon is cut and pressed to exacting standards ensuring the best possible result, every time.

The BeesNeez Judas is at home recording Brass and Wind instruments, guitar cabs and sounds stellar as a room mic or drum overhead. The clear and flat frequency response makes the mix phase a dream by remaining punchy and defined in the mix with minimum post processing.

• Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient
• Polar Pattern: Figure-8
• Generating Element: 2.6-micron aluminum ribbon
• Magnets: Rare Earth Neodymium
• Frequency Response: 30 -15,000 Hz +/- 3dB
• Sensitivity: -50 dBv Re. 1v/pa
• Output Impedance: 300 Ohms @ 1K (nominal)
• Rated Load Impedance: >1500 Ohms @ 300 Ohms
• Maximum SPL: >135dB @ 20 Hz
Output Connector: Male XLR 3 pin (Pin 2 Hot)

Released with an introductory price of $799!!!

Beesneez Judas Ribbon Mic-judas-1.jpg

Studio Series - Judas - BeesNeez Microphones on-line shopping

Cheers,
Veronica
Old 7th July 2011
Lives for gear

How it compares to the Lily?

Uhh.. I would have a long shopping list to send to you if i could afford

Cheers

Matti
Old 7th July 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti View Post
How it compares to the Lily?

Uhh.. I would have a long shopping list to send to you if i could afford

Cheers

Matti
Hi Matti, the Lilly is more of an old school ribbon mic, the internals of the head grill allow the Lilly to exhibit old school charm, with its big bottom end, flat mids and gentle rolling highs.

The Judas is a truly modern sounding ribbon microphone; punchy but not at all harsh, great highs with an overall well balanced tone.

Hope that helps.
Old 7th July 2011
Lives for gear

So in my dream wold I would need pair of both

Matti
Old 7th July 2011
Lives for gear

Lovely

So are all the studio series mics are now using Australian made bodies etc or just the judas?
Old 7th July 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti View Post
So in my dream wold I would need pair of both

Matti
I'm sure you could find a way to use both, lol
Old 7th July 2011
Lives for gear

No doubt there

Matti
Old 7th July 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeretoneAudio View Post
Lovely

So are all the studio series mics are now using Australian made bodies etc or just the judas?
Yes they sure are. We have a beautiful new range on the way so a keep a look out. There is also a Judas Tube ready to go, i will release that one soon.
Old 7th July 2011
Lives for gear

InterestingWhat's with the name "Judas" Weird.
Old 7th July 2011
Lives for gear

Hope I'm not prying, but where's Ben?
Old 7th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay View Post
where's Ben?
Probably in the shop, building mics in grand style.
Old 7th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
InterestingWhat's with the name "Judas" Weird.
Yeah...??

Kinda wierd. I like exotic female names like Phelicity or Arabella alot better... haha
Old 7th July 2011
Quote:
Hope I'm not prying, but where's Ben?
I have chained him to his desk in the factory, he is not allowed to leave until the new Studio Series range is finished,

Seriously though, he is just working hard making mics. Never to far away.
Old 7th July 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ludovico View Post
Yeah...??

Kinda wierd. I like exotic female names like Phelicity or Arabella alot better... haha
LOL, it started many years ago when my husband decided to surprise me with a four legged gift, a cute little labrador puppy. At the time i was not sure if it was a good gift or not (if you have had a lab puppy you will know what i mean). However, now he is the most loyal kind boy, who is a big part of our family.

So like the rest of the Beesneez mics we have used names that have a meaning for us. I am pleased that you like the Phelicity and Arabella, i picked them and right now are having breakfast with me. (no Judas does not share food at our table)
Old 7th July 2011
Deleted f25ebd2
Aaaah, so the name wasn't an attempt to ensure against the usage of the microphone by fundamentalist christian rappers?
Old 7th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Sneesby View Post
LOL, it started many years ago when my husband decided to surprise me with a four legged gift, a cute little labrador puppy. At the time i was not sure if it was a good gift or not (if you have had a lab puppy you will know what i mean). However, now he is the most loyal kind boy, who is a big part of our family.

So like the rest of the Beesneez mics we have used names that have a meaning for us. I am pleased that you like the Phelicity and Arabella, i picked them and right now are having breakfast with me. (no Judas does not share food at our table)
To add to what Veronica is saying, when we got the dog, Veronica asked me "what should we call him", I replied with "call him Judas; he was a dog"!! and it stuck so for the last 8 years, he has been our faithful boy.

When he was younger, he was always in trouble; I'll never forget the time when he was brought back to us by the ranger, when I asked the ranger why he was so mad, he then explained that Judas had bailed up a blind lady and had his way with her Guide dog for over an hour.

Believe you me, that was an expensive day as well as one of the funniest of my life!

Cheers
Old 10th July 2011
Lives for gear

Can we hear some samples? How does this compare to the lily??

Thanks
Old 10th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Released with an introductory price of $799!!!

How long will the introductory price be good for and what will the regular price be?
Old 10th July 2011
Lives for gear

Hi There Rapfreak, how are you? How's downtown Columbus treating you?

The Introductory price will be honoured until the entire first batch is sold (100).

The Regular price is yet to be set.

thanks.
Old 10th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have chained him to his desk in the factory, he is not allowed to leave until the new Studio Series range is finished,

Seriously though, he is just working hard making mics. Never to far away.
"chained to his desk"?
That's some kinky mic building going on!
Does that mean there'll be a "Dominatrix" S&M FET mic in the future?
Old 11th July 2011
Quote:
"chained to his desk"?
That's some kinky mic building going on!
Does that mean there'll be a "Dominatrix" S&M FET mic in the future?
Lol, i must be to innocent , but i had to ask Ben what that meant. I was a little surprised that i got an answer so quickly
Old 11th July 2011
Gear Addict

It would be nice to see a freq curve on these.. I almost pulled the trigger on a pair of 101's, but now I'm holding up. I need to ruminate..

Oddly, some Sontronics Sigmas have now crossed my path as well.. Where's a lotto win when you need one?
Old 11th July 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
It would be nice to see a freq curve on these.. I almost pulled the trigger on a pair of 101's, but now I'm holding up. I need to ruminate..

Oddly, some Sontronics Sigmas have now crossed my path as well.. Where's a lotto win when you need one?
Your wish is my command, will try to get it up this arvo.
Old 11th July 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Your wish is my command, will try to get it up this arvo.
You guys have to be the best at customer service going... on the phone, on the net..

Brilliant!
Old 11th July 2011
Lives for gear

A good friend of mine praises the AEA R84. How does Judas compare? Do you guys have other ribbons to make a quick shootout for comparison?
I hope I'm not asking too much. I love your mics!
Best.
Old 11th July 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by prontold View Post
Aaaah, so the name wasn't an attempt to ensure against the usage of the microphone by fundamentalist christian rappers?
ahaha
Love this thread

The mic also seems great
Old 11th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by prontold View Post
That's Funny.....

What's a Christian Rapper? Is that what they use around presents?
Old 11th July 2011
Lives for gear

you use them on the Christians themselves, to protect them from lions...
Old 11th July 2011
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=Veronica Sneesby;6833941]Lol, i must be to innocent , but i had to ask Ben what that meant. I was a little surprised that i got an answer so quickly [/QUOTE

oops!
Old 11th July 2011
Lives for gear
I just wanna say fantastic name for the mic! I'd get it just for that
📝 Reply