The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kuassa Amplifikation creme
Old 14th June 2011
Lives for gear

Software Kuassa Amplifikation creme

I'm mixing a project with this all over it and I can safely say the I've never had a plug fool me before. When I called the guy who recorded it asking what he used and he told me it was this plug I though he was bull****ting me. I'll post part of a mix later, but ( and I can't believe I'm saying this ) this 35$ plug WILL give you very real sounding results. Don't honestly know if this is old news but if it isn't then check it out. Great tool and just stupid price / performance ratio. Enjoy
Kuassa Pro Guitar Recording Software Effects Plugin - VST, Audio Unit, RTAS Plugins at Kuassa Amplifikation
Old 15th June 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks for the insight. Tried and loved!

+1
Old 15th June 2011
Lives for gear
holy crap this thing sounds amazing from the examples O_O.

Could be a damn worthwhile amp sim purchase.
Old 15th June 2011
Holy crap...that sounds amazing...just when I was loving my PODHD...
Old 15th June 2011
Lives for gear

"Supported Platform: -Mac OSX 10.4 or Later (x32), Universal Binary
-Windows XP or later (x32)
-VST and AU compatible host software"

No Pro Tools support..yikes.

TH
Old 15th June 2011
Gear Nut

Sounds like a great plugin, but still sounds like a plugin. something with the top-end.
Old 15th June 2011
Lives for gear

The cab simulator sounds great - is it impulse response based?
Old 16th June 2011
Lives for gear

Using this in a full mix. A lot of variation between the cab and head. It brings out some amazing tonality when reamping.

long live The King......and long live The Creme!
Old 16th June 2011
I like this one a lot actually....So refreshing to have simplicity. Its all you need really - simplicity and good sound. So much easier than 40 different Amps and 100 Cabs. The drive sounds really good-way better than Studio Devil I compared against.
Old 17th June 2011
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

Been using this baby many occasion during mixing and very little dirty nice tool to have (although it's an amp), pass it thru drum busses and much more

Although must agree with @EvanBrass, soemthing about Top End with many amp sim that ain't going that much crazy about, needs a little tweaking in that aera

But i'm sure the Dev is always improving his plugs
Old 17th June 2011
Lives for gear

Anyone else go to purchase Amplification One and see the discount for Creme? (but not the other direction).
Old 17th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
"Supported Platform: -Mac OSX 10.4 or Later (x32), Universal Binary
-Windows XP or later (x32)
-VST and AU compatible host software"

No Pro Tools support..yikes.

TH
gotta wrap that ****.
Old 17th June 2011
Lives for gear

sounds pretty good... appropriately named imo.

wish they had a few clean samples, and some with the gain trimmed down.

screw it, for that price I might as well just buy it.
Old 17th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by otobianki74 View Post
gotta wrap that ****.

Does not function properly with the wrapper...
Old 17th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyByStarbucks View Post
Anyone else go to purchase Amplification One and see the discount for Creme? (but not the other direction).
They just got back. Saul Goode
Old 17th June 2011
Lives for gear

It wraps to RTAS, but the GUI does not work. Some parameters can be controlled with the mouse wheel, and you can change presets, so it is possible to try it out in ProTools. I have and it does sound nice. :-)
Old 17th June 2011
Gear Nut

Just tried the demo for 5 minutes and out of the box this sounds considerably better than most high gain amp sims.

No brainer for the price....
Old 17th June 2011
Gear Addict

Bought it 30 mins into the demo. For damped distorted chords, nice and tight.. best I've heard.
Old 18th June 2011
Gear Addict

Has anyone had any experience with AMPLIFIKATION ONE? and the comparison between it and the creme?
Old 18th June 2011
Lives for gear

Amp One has some great mellowness to it. it also cranks but between the two, we'd use Creme for harder edged stuff and One for cleaner tones.

There are demos for both
Old 18th June 2011
I demoed Creme first, and thought it was really nice. Then One, and thought One was weak. I don't think it any better than anything I've used, from Podfarm, Eleven rack, Amplitube, Guitar Rig...

Creme, on the other hand, extremely responsive in an ampish way--great deal for the price. I don't do high gain much, so once I dialed it back a bit it was rather inspiring.
Old 18th June 2011
Gear Addict

thanks for the replies,
I am keen not only to hear the heavy players chime in but also the more subtle players...
Old 18th June 2011
Lives for gear

Demoed it, it sounds nice but I think the main reason people like it/will like it is because it doesn't give you too many options like Guitar Rig or the others multi-amp/cab/mics amp sim, which more often than not make you spent hourse tweaking it, forgetting where you wanted to go.
This one is simple and sounds good enough, if it's ok it's ok in 2 minutes tweaking.
Old 19th June 2011
Gear Addict

creme

after trying it out, I was hard pressed to get a bad sound out of it. The tonal variations in the mic selection and placement really helps the top end that some mention here maybe an issue. I think I'll pull the trigger for that price gosh....no brainer really....
Old 20th June 2011
Gear Addict

BodyByStarbucks
Gear Head

Amp One has some great mellowness to it. it also cranks but between the two, we'd use Creme for harder edged stuff and One for cleaner tones.

There are demos for both

Agreed!

I will buy both actually. I am wondering how the Scuffham Amps compares? They dont have an AU version yet.
Old 20th June 2011
Gear addict

wow, these and the S-gear demo's are pretty incredible... as is the price. To bad Avid doesn't vigilantly send out RTAS permits and beg for mercy.
Old 20th June 2011
Lives for gear

Yeah I got the demo. Sounds great!

Though I think you can get even more out of it if you use the Redwirez cab IRs with it. Stock cabs in amp sims for me always seem a bit dull or something...

Just a question, but why would you want to use 4 IRs? Would it mainly be for dual cab simulation purposes? Did anyone else use this with Redwirez or other IRs?

I loaded the Redwirez into Space Designer and just bypassed the cabs. But I'm curious to use the quad IR loader and mess around with loading loads of IRs...

But yeah, I'm about 90% there towards buying this set... :D
Old 20th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumdrum View Post
Yeah I got the demo. Sounds great!

Though I think you can get even more out of it if you use the Redwirez cab IRs with it. Stock cabs in amp sims for me always seem a bit dull or something...

Just a question, but why would you want to use 4 IRs? Would it mainly be for dual cab simulation purposes? Did anyone else use this with Redwirez or other IRs?

I loaded the Redwirez into Space Designer and just bypassed the cabs. But I'm curious to use the quad IR loader and mess around with loading loads of IRs...

But yeah, I'm about 90% there towards buying this set... :D
I think the cab simulator sounds great and I have the Redwirez impulses, too. Anyway, I think you can only load one IR into Kuassa.
Old 24th June 2011
Lives for gear

Anyone have this working in Logic? Seems to only work on a stereo input. Strange.
Old 24th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football View Post
Anyone have this working in Logic? Seems to only work on a stereo input. Strange.
hold the option key when clicking on an open insert-this will default you to mono
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search