The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AlexB - 4KD PRO : Dynamics Collection Saturation Plugins
Old 11th June 2011
Gear Addict

Software AlexB - 4KD PRO : Dynamics Collection

Hello !

Finally the 4KD PRO has been released !

SAMPLED AT 96kHz AND 44.1kHz !!!

4KD PRO
Dynamics Collection from 4000E console.

Dynamics collection from the world's most successful studio production console which was the first one to incorporate dynamics processing in every channel and a master compressor in the console centre section. It's the first choice of world's best audio engineers to give punch, drive and to glue the mix together maintaining under control the dynamics of single tracks.

The compressors have been refurbished and every single stage has been isolated from the console to maintain the pure audio path without unwanted console coloration.

. 64 differents programs at 5K
. Channel Compressor mono, stereo and with sidechain function
. Listen Mic Compressor mono, stereo and with sidechain function
. Group Compressor stereo and with sidechain function

Programs characteristics and details in the user manual:4KD User Manual

4KD Demo available.

Previous customers have 25% discount and SPECIAL PRICE until 30 June 2011, see on the webpage and place an order with webmail form if you want to take advantage from this offer (and please, be patient: the order will be processed manually in less than 24h.. Sometime I try to sleep )

Customers will receive an informative email also.

PLEASE update your Nebula plugin at the very last release !

STAY TUNED ON TWITTER !!! and Facebook !!!

Thank you, all the best

Alex
Old 11th June 2011
Gear Addict

I just saw this on the Acustica site, had to share. There's a demo too!
Old 12th June 2011
Gear maniac

Just ordered it!
Old 12th June 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blandry View Post
to maintain the pure audio path without unwanted console coloration.

I didn't know I didn't want console coloration, now I know. :p
Old 12th June 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbas View Post
I didn't know I didn't want console coloration, now I know. :p

You dont if you are using this on top of the Alex B console libraries like a lot of users will be.
Old 12th June 2011
Lives for gear
Its pretty impressive actually, he opened and sampled the console part by part rather than just sending a signal through it-must be very hard work.
Old 12th June 2011
Gear Maniac

Gorgeous Compressor!!

Old 12th June 2011
mfx
Lives for gear

No brainer unfortunately an Addict. How can anyone say no to the Nebulisation and artform of Alex's work...cant wait to have a listen and experiment Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker View Post
Its pretty impressive actually, he opened and sampled the console part by part rather than just sending a signal through it-must be very hard work.
Creates a lot of varioation and possiibilities. Great idea.
Old 12th June 2011
Lives for gear

YEAH!!!
Old 12th June 2011
Gear Nut

This is the best emulation I have heard of the SSL 4000 console compressor - very close to the original hardware - and noticeable better than Waves, The Glue, UAD, and Duende - Great work AlexB!
Old 12th June 2011
Lives for gear

Ok color me stupid...but why can't I find this plugin? I went to Nebula's site..nothing mentiomed...did a search and found info about it but not the plug and price et cetera. Any help?
Old 12th June 2011
Gear Nut

Old 12th June 2011
mfx
Lives for gear

Old 12th June 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by csiaudio View Post
Ok color me stupid...but why can't I find this plugin? I went to Nebula's site..nothing mentiomed...did a search and found info about it but not the plug and price et cetera. Any help?
Simply, you buy nebula first and then the librarys, some-what works like drum vsti where you buy extra kits...
Old 12th June 2011
mfx
Lives for gear

Hmm as cooker is saying. The 4KD is essential a preset for the nebula plugin, which in essense works similar to an Impulse reverb and impules.

Look at Nebula as a Sampler that samples the acoustics of audio equipment and in turn allows users to emulate certain snapshot(s) of the equipments audio signal path. So this one would give the audio signal the likeness of actually sending the audio signal through the recording console, but through your hoe computer instead.

Hope that helps.
Old 12th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnew View Post
This is the best emulation I have heard of the SSL 4000 console compressor - very close to the original hardware - and noticeable better than Waves, The Glue, UAD, and Duende - Great work AlexB!
(His first post on Gearslutz.)
Old 12th June 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by blim View Post
He-he, that`s a good one :-)
Old 12th June 2011
Lives for gear

Unfortunately, Sock-Puppets are real and all over the net so don't be surprised of the critique.

New product arrives, you join, praise it to the heavens and expect people to trust your opinion? Nope.. doesn't work that way any more, unfortunately.

I'm sure the new compressor is nice but I'm still very skeptic when it comes to Nebula and dynamics. Don't know if all this has been improved a lot in the latest updates.. which reminds me, I need to update.

Cheers!
bManic
Old 12th June 2011
Gear Nut

In the past Nebula have showed lack of performance related to compressors, but resent
updates have improved performance and sound to the better, so maybe its time to revisit?
I did, and was surprised by the enhancements. The GUI may not be the best
around, nor the user friendliness, but the sound of some presets are very good indeed.

AlexB`s emulations are some of the best presets and emulations you can find on Nebula,
and among those are his new compressor emulations
Old 12th June 2011
Lives for gear

Here are some quick loops (44, 16) for listening. Nothing scientific so don't even go there.
Just for fun.
Attached Files

Loop.wav (810.7 KB, 1576 views)

Loop_4KD.wav (810.7 KB, 1619 views)

Loop_Glue.wav (810.7 KB, 1526 views)

Loop_Snap.wav (810.7 KB, 1356 views)

Old 12th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnew View Post
Do you own all those plugins to justify such a statement ?

I'm just saying with all those plugs you could of bought a real Xlogic ssl comp!
Old 12th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Unfortunately he's right.
Listen to the loops from zeljkom, and pay attention to the transients.
It's a no-brainer.
Old 12th June 2011
mfx
Lives for gear

Been listening to the examples posted and playing aroubnd myself tonight.

I'm not very good putting auditory into words so here goes my interpretation

TheGlue cleans it up and glues nicely, the only thing is now in my mind it sounds like it's been polywrapped.
Nebula

TheSnap seems to give the audiop more air and space on the horizontal plane, almost as if it's applying a musical groove to the signal.

4KD to me gives more low end punch and seems to seperate the sounds on a more vertical plane.

Wanted to try with VCC 4K but not on my 32 rig today :>(

make sense or I'm I doing a great job of looking ********
Old 12th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
make sense or I'm I doing a great job of looking ********
No mate, it makes perfect sense.
It doesn't take a rocket-scientist to hear the difference between
an algorithmic plugin and a VVKT-based plugin.
Old 12th June 2011
I would be surprised if Nebula gets such big improvements in the last 2 weeks since my last test with my Pro version I expect bad handling, big CPU usage and a subtle effect
Old 12th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind View Post
I would be surprised if Nebula gets such big improvements in the last 2 weeks since my last test with my Pro version I expect bad handling, big CPU usage and a subtle effect
No, it hasn't changed in those aspects though I'd say this is the best SSL G Buss Comp emulation I've heard so far (Duende's comes very very close). So, it is far from subtle to me, YMMV.
Old 12th June 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
No, it hasn't changed in those aspects though I'd say this is the best SSL G Buss Comp emulation I've heard so far (Duende's comes very very close). So, it is far from subtle to me, YMMV.
It should be sound close it's sampled and no emulation But the handling of dynamic stuff with Nebula was so bad and then the big CPU usage, this was for me a show stopper.
Old 12th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind View Post
It should be sound close it's sampled and no emulation But the handling of dynamic stuff with Nebula was so bad and then the big CPU usage, this was for me a show stopper.
Yeah, most dynamics stuff for Nebula doesn't sound great but this one is very good, in my opinion. If CPU usage is an issue for you then don't waste your time again, it is still the same
Old 13th June 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Yeah, most dynamics stuff for Nebula doesn't sound great but this one is very good, in my opinion. If CPU usage is an issue for you then don't waste your time again, it is still the same
Yes, it's the same, each 4K D still takes less than 1% consumption of my CPU...
Old 13th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveken View Post
Yes, it's the same, each 4K D still takes less than 1% consumption of my CPU...
Nice to hear you can enjoy this library on more tracks. It takes 6% here on my Core i5 750 at 96kHz.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search