The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
SSFX Transistor Rhythm & NI Transistor Punch for Maschine
Old 15th April 2011
Lives for gear

SamplesLoops SSFX Transistor Rhythm & NI Transistor Punch for Maschine

Hey fellow slutz,

After six months of more or less living in the studio, I am more than proud to announce the immediate availability of two brand-new, high-octane Surround SFX products: Surround SFX Transistor Rhythm and NI Transistor Punch. Plus 3 free kits taken from Transistor Rhythm that serve as a "demo" --- or straight as a freebie.

They're both extremely modern Sample- & Pattern- Libraries for the NI Maschine platform (and you can, of course, use the sample content with any other sampler), made using a truly slutty assortment of gear, both in terms of sound sources as well as in terms of outboard, and with the SSFX-typical obsessive attention to detail. Recorded, edited and processed in 192kHz using ULN-8 and UA 2192, then down-sampled using 64-bit SRC & dithering to 96kHz for Transistor Rhythm and 44.1kHz for Transistor Punch. Did I say obsessive? Make that lunatic: I booked a mastering studio and set optimum SRC and dither parameters for each and every sample individually.
Here are a couple of images of the gear used, for more detail have a look at the manual (this is worth reading even if you HATE reading manuals ).

SSFX Transistor Rhythm Features 800 Drum- and FX-Samples, organized into 50 Kits (aka Maschine Groups), each of which contains 4 for a total of 200 Rhythms that cover loads of modern genres. These aren't sterile, Hi-Fi or wimpy "sample CD" type drums or Bontempi Arranger rhythms, no re-packaged same-old stuff, it's all fresh and juicy. They pack illegal amounts of punch and groove. Every single drum and FX has been hand-crafted and went through an apartment's worth of gear. It's obvious that I'm slightly biased heh...but let me just say that I set out to make the coolest drums and patterns on the planet. Check out the audio demos and the 3 free kits taken from Transistor Rhythm to see wether I achieved that or not
Transistor Rhythm is available now as a download for just €59 including VAT if appliccable. Plus, there's a 20% discount for users of Transistor Punch.

While making Transistor Rhythm, I spoke to Native Instruments and we decided to take a part of the Transistor Rhythm material, add lots more and make a sister product since they were planning to do Maschine content anyway and we had delivered parts of the factory library already. What we came up with is

NI Transistor Punch which comes with 30 Kits and 120 Patterns targeted specifically at modern european electronic styles, about 50 of which have been programmed by my long-time friend and studio neighbor Martin Buttrich, known for his hot club releases on Desolat and other labels, as well as for his production work with artists like Loco Dice and Timo Maas. Also included are 120 one-shots straight from my Kyma and Modular synth, as well as 20 multi-sampled synths organized into 50 Maschine Sounds. Add 5 demo projects (which contain loads more patterns, lines etc) and 20 sequenced multi-effects and you get Transistor Punch. Available now from NI for €49 incl. VAT if appliccable.

Both packs are designed for Maschine v1.6 (not included...now who would have guessed that?), but the sample material will work with any sampler out there.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Denis / SSFX
Old 16th April 2011
Gear Maniac

Congratulations!
Old 18th April 2011
manufacturer

I had a good listen to the demo sounds over the weekend, and ... dude!
This stuff feels so much out of the box that it's a massive pleasure.
Your sample collection is truly outstanding and worth checking out.
Very well done.

All the best,
Dominik
Old 18th April 2011
Gear Maniac

Wow, what an insane amount of work you must have gone through.
Will def. check it out.
Old 18th April 2011
Lives for gear

In the last couple of years, I've been working on music for my band and experimenting a lot with sound in the process. Lemme tell you something: Nearly every time someone asks me "HOW DID YOU MAKE THAT SOUND?!" it's because I'm using something that Denis designed. His work is both super hi-fi and wildly hallucinogenic. And this suits me completely.

His work combines high art and high tech in the best way.

This set is gonna rule.

- c
Old 18th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysia View Post
I had a good listen to the demo sounds over the weekend, and ... dude!
This stuff feels so much out of the box that it's a massive pleasure.
Your sample collection is truly outstanding and worth checking out.
Very well done.
Thanks! I did use okay-ish gear from a weird German manufacturer that you probably never heard of called....erm...Olympus....no....Styx....no....Behringer...NOOOOO....;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncite View Post
Wow, what an insane amount of work you must have gone through.
Will def. check it out.
Oh man, you're SO right. Took half a year, and the last two months I was doing 7 20-hour days a week and slept those four hours on the studio sofa. Which is a really UNcomfortable sofa where you wake up with a stiff neck and a giant headache. The good side of that is that it makes you want to get up ASAP and you're thus never tempted to sleep too long...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
In the last couple of years, I've been working on music for my band and experimenting a lot with sound in the process. Lemme tell you something: Nearly every time someone asks me "HOW DID YOU MAKE THAT SOUND?!" it's because I'm using something that Denis designed. His work is both super hi-fi and wildly hallucinogenic. And this suits me completely.

His work combines high art and high tech in the best way.

This set is gonna rule.

- c
Dude! I really appreciate your words. Your music would do fine without any of my work, it's beautiful, sounds excellent and is really the only stuff I ever bothered putting on my iPhone besides Bad Brains and Fugazi. Unconditionally puts a smile on my face. I don't have a lot of your tunes so far, though, and I'm always interested in hearing what people use my stuff for, so any linkage would please my ears ;-)

Cheers!
Denis
Old 23rd May 2011
Lives for gear

Hey all,

Transistor Rhythm has been updated and now also comes with 50 Battery 3 kits and 28 EXS-24 sample bank instruments The Transistor free Kits have also been updated accordingly.

Check it out!
Old 11th June 2011
Lives for gear

This set is extraordinary. Super inspiring.

The sound quality is stunning. You can hear the care that went into it.

I'm just now diving in.

I used to have an ethic that I only wanted to use sounds I sampled myself. That ethic is long gone now. People like Denis make life so easy.

- c
Old 11th June 2011

sounds great.

Bit bizarre that you have to enter all your info including your birthdate to download the free version tho..

matt
Old 11th June 2011
Lives for gear

Well, the birth-date should now be gone, that was really kind of redundant but was switched on by default in this shop system, cheers for pointing that out.

Apart from that I don't see anything wrong in you telling me who you are when you're getting something free from me. It's not like I'm going to spam you or sell your details or whatever. Having a look at the rest of my site should make it pretty obvious that I'm not some sort of corporate bad guy, you know...

Anyway, glad to hear that you're liking what you're hearing!

Cheers,
Denis
Old 11th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
This set is extraordinary. Super inspiring.

The sound quality is stunning. You can hear the care that went into it.

I'm just now diving in.

I used to have an ethic that I only wanted to use sounds I sampled myself. That ethic is long gone now. People like Denis make life so easy.

- c
heh Thank you very much Chad, now *that* would be a killer quote for my website ;-)

best,
Denis
Old 11th June 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Goekdag View Post
Apart from that I don't see anything wrong in you telling me who you are when you're getting something free from me.
Actually I agree, it was just the birthdate that seemed to be a bit unusual, but you've gotten rid of that now

matt
Old 11th June 2011
Lives for gear

Started playing with Transistor Rhythm the other day and ended up using it on a track I'm currently working on. Sounds really nice! If you haven't already you should really check it out. Denis is the real deal.
Old 26th June 2011
Lives for gear

I'm recently enjoying this collection. Inspiring sounds!
Some really good work.
Old 29th June 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks guys, glad you like the stuff :-)
Old 30th June 2011
mfx
Lives for gear

Scrap that just seen my answer base of your web page
Old 30th June 2011
Gear Maniac

Hi Denis,Just wondered if you could give me a bit of advice? i own DEEP TRANSFORMATIONS for Kore which i think is superb! So im really intrested in these new libraries,but as your well aware NI have dropped Kore! So i just want to know if there is ANY way of using these within Kore or if its a total no go? Failing that,i use Stylus Rmx and Ableton Sampler,could they be used in either one of these? Many Thanx Jay
Old 1st July 2011
Lives for gear

Hi Jay,

KORE doesn't have a sample playback engine that you could load these into I'm afraid. Transistor Punch comes as Maschine, Transistor Rhythm as Maschine, Battery and EXS-24, so if your samplers can import Battery or EXS-24, you're good with Rhythm (I'm not sure what formats the two samplers you mention can or can not import).

Apart from that, the samples that the Maschine/Battery/EXS presets use are all plain WAV files, so you can definitely load those into any sampler.

Cheers,
Denis
Old 2nd July 2011
Gear Nut

Is it worth getting both or do they overlap?

e.g Transistor Punch redundant if you buy Transistor Rhythm??
Old 2nd July 2011
Gear Addict

WOW! sound quality is amazing.
Worth every penny for sure!
Old 2nd July 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Goekdag View Post
Hi Jay,

KORE doesn't have a sample playback engine that you could load these into I'm afraid. Transistor Punch comes as Maschine, Transistor Rhythm as Maschine, Battery and EXS-24, so if your samplers can import Battery or EXS-24, you're good with Rhythm (I'm not sure what formats the two samplers you mention can or can not import).

Apart from that, the samples that the Maschine/Battery/EXS presets use are all plain WAV files, so you can definitely load those into any sampler.

Cheers,
Denis
Thanx for reply Denis, Soundz good,Ableton sampler imports EXS so it looks like a go,go! Many Thanx jay
Old 2nd July 2011
Lives for gear

Awesome stuff, just purchased a copy and very much looking forward to playing with it.

FYI - your website doesn't work properly with Firefox 5 on the Mac. I had to use Safari as I couldn't get past the registration page otherwise (it tried to download the PHP page as a file for some reason).
Old 3rd July 2011
Lives for gear

I agree with all sentiments above, there are some really amazing boutique sample companies around.

I bought Rhythm after Punch, the sounds are amazing on both.
Old 5th July 2011
Gear Addict

Bought Transistor Rhythm. Great stuff! Lot´s of Herzblut in there
Old 5th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
Is it worth getting both or do they overlap?

e.g Transistor Punch redundant if you buy Transistor Rhythm??
There's a slight overlap of about 180-200 of the drum samples between the two, though in Rhythm they are in 96k and the samples are used in different kits/combinations, with different synthesis settings and different patterns --- so you probably wouldn't even notice the overlap. But that's exactly what the 20% discount for Punch owners is for --- I HATE paying twice for the same thing, so I figured I wouldn't feel good about charging for the same samples twice. Enter 20% discount coupon, Bob's yer uncle ;-)

And then there's the obvious difference that Punch is Maschine-only while Rhythm also has Battery and EXS-24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artech909
WOW! sound quality is amazing.
Worth every penny for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekwipt
I bought Rhythm after Punch, the sounds are amazing on both.
Thanks! Great to hear you like the stuff heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilman
Bought Transistor Rhythm. Great stuff! Lot´s of Herzblut in there
Hehe, yes, I needed a couple of transfusions and a transplant after production (Herzblut = directly translated is "blood of the heart", roughly like "blood, sweat and tears").

Aren't you the Tonsturm guy? If so I've been having an eye on your libraries, they seem to be great. I was actually planning on doing two similar SFX libraries, Glass and Electricity, myself, also in 192k for the added transposition range in sound design. Both types of signals exhibit a very wide bandwidth and thus lend themselves excellently to 192k recording. Seems kind of redundant now as your libraries seem to be very comprehensive and very well done. Anyway, props to you, I was so tired of hearing that same old Hollywood Edge Premiere Edition electric arc sound in every single FPS game I play --- those times are now over thanks to you heh
And I now have less projects to worry about ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugol
Awesome stuff, just purchased a copy and very much looking forward to playing with it.
Cool, let me know what you think once you had some time to check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugol
FYI - your website doesn't work properly with Firefox 5 on the Mac. I had to use Safari as I couldn't get past the registration page otherwise (it tried to download the PHP page as a file for some reason).
Thanks for the heads-up! I probably won't be able to do anything about that as the shop is a slightly modded open source package and I have no clue about PHP ;-)

But I'll see wether I can get at least a notice in there that Firefox has issues with it.

On a side-note: I've been getting some inquiries about BPM and Geist kits. How many of you would be interested in such an update? Not sure how many people actually use these samplers on a regular basis...
Old 6th July 2011
Gear Addict

Hey Denis,
thanks a lot! I sent you a pm.

btw: I am a Geist user too... and it can not read the formats. So an update would be cool!

Geist +1

cheers tilman
Old 6th July 2011
Gear Maniac

Finally bought it, and looking forward to test it out. Still using the Deep Freq in every project too, amazing stuff

Lives for gear

Thanks! Speaking of Deep Freq --- since the recent discontinuation of KORE by NI, my two DEEP packs haven't been available. Now NI has started a "farewell" campaign where they're handing out vouchers for three soundpacks to owners of a KORE 2 license. This campaign is running for this month only. So if you have KORE 2 and are interested in grabbing the DEEP packs, go for it ASAP!

Also, I'm stocking limited numbers of these for that period of time, too, at a reduced price of €49 incl VAT if appliccable, so if you don't have KORE 2 or want to grab some other sound packs for your vouchers --- they're now back in our store

Cheers,
Denis

Last edited by Denis Goekdag; 7th July 2011 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: typos
Old 2nd August 2011
Gear Nut

Just purchased Transistor Rhythm however I notice the file size (zipped) is only 124MB however the NI Transistor Punch is 279MB (Zipped) however is lower quality and less samples??????

Am I doing something wrong? Should the file size be considerably bigger or is the NI version bloated with installer stuff and SSFX not??

Note have not downloaded Rhythm yet as still at work
Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks for buying Transistor Rhythm!

The difference in file size is simply down to the NI product also containing multi-sampled synths and swooshes --- both types of sounds that are considerably longer than drum-hits. Hence Punch has a larger archive. There's more drums in Rhythm, though.

Technically, the resolution of Rhythm is actually higher at 24/96 than with Punch at 24/44.1
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search