The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Solid State Logic X-Panda Mixers (Analog)
Old 6th April 2011
Lives for gear

Solid State Logic X-Panda

It's here, pretty much like we asked for, I think:

http://www.solidstatelogic.com/news/...asp?ID=348&T=M
Old 6th April 2011
Lives for gear

Solid State Logic | Music | X-Panda
Attached Thumbnails
Solid State Logic X-Panda-x-panda_top_large.jpg  
Old 6th April 2011
Administrator

Atta boy Jim!
Old 6th April 2011
Lives for gear

would that be 40-48 inputs at mixdown when connected to an X-Desk?
Old 6th April 2011
Lives for gear

Well, nobody can say that SSL does not listen to the customers.

The X-desk threads have been full of people complaining that the X-desk is too small and they need an expander with faders. I wonder how many of them are going to buy this...
Old 6th April 2011
Lives for gear

The main complaint is about chaining two X-Desks, where you end up with a submaster on the slave unit that you may not want, and a wasted center section. Plus, now there's the bonus that you can use the X-Panda by itself, etc.
Old 6th April 2011
Gear Nut

Wow, this is something that I am gonna take a closer look at.
Old 6th April 2011
Jim you absolute legend, you knew I was after this.
Old 6th April 2011
Lives for gear

Very nice! I am glad SSL has listened to their customers.

I t h i n k though the Toft 16 channel mixer may be a better choice for me. Same price range if you buy both X mixers. However I think the strenght of the SSL is the routing. The Toft is more a standard analog mixer with a killer EQ.
Old 6th April 2011
Lives for gear

$3,199 and June release according to the video. Looks like another cool product. Now let's see one with snapshot recall and moving faders! I guess that would be the matrix, except that it is 8 times the money, how about a lower price on the matrix!
Old 6th April 2011
Gear Addict

Great idea, although a bit of a silly name. It does make the X-Desk a lot more attractive all of a sudden. Here's me hoping they come up with an expander for the Nucleus. And a Duende controller.
Old 6th April 2011
Lives for gear

No place to put tape under the faders so you can write in the names for each track?
Old 6th April 2011
Put it at the bottom or at the top? or over theblack strip and write thinly?
Old 6th April 2011
Gear Maniac

im glad ssl listened to everyone here on GS and pretty much followed what people were asking for in this expander for the xdesk.

this definitely put the xdesk and an expander higher on the "will be buying soon" list.

i hope they come up with a surround monitor solution for the xracks. that would solve another issue streamlining one of my rooms.

thumbsup
Old 6th April 2011
Lives for gear
thumbsup
Old 6th April 2011
Gear Nut

Glad to see this- remember saying to Jim at messe 2 years ago that an expansion would be excellent and being told it would not happen fir all sorts of reasons- glad of the change of heart- this looks great!
Old 7th April 2011
TRW
Lives for gear

Hmmm remember that conversation too. Looks good guys!

-T
Old 7th April 2011
Lives for gear

Well, here it is, finally. Together with the X-Desk it makes a pretty affordable, first class, compact (and transportable, great for location) mixer.

Too bad Sam didn't went further and adopt my suggestion of implementing a pair of busses within the x-pander. Would have made it so much flexible, in line with SSL tradition.

Old 7th April 2011
Lives for gear
Talking Since SSL is British and all...

Congrats, the X-Panda looks great.... now for your next product how about the X-PARROT?!?!?
Attached Thumbnails
Solid State Logic X-Panda-dead-parrot.jpg  
Old 7th April 2011
Lives for gear

Solid State Logic X-Panda

eXpander... I get it
Old 7th April 2011
Solid State Logic

Well, we do try...

We'd thrown around ideas for the X-Panda right from the start and it wwas hearing your voices that gave us the confidence to go through with it. Now we finally have all the pieces of our truly modular console - X-Desk, X-Rack, and X-Panda.

Also glad that someone got the Monty Python reference... after all we do try to be a very "British" companyheh
Old 7th April 2011
Lives for gear

I used to have a Panda, but then we split up............

Now she's my ex-Pand.........
Old 7th April 2011
Lives for gear

Definately makes the x-desk look way more attractive. Let see how much OT i can rack upheh
Old 7th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jindrich View Post
Well, here it is, finally. Together with the X-Desk it makes a pretty affordable, first class, compact (and transportable, great for location) mixer.

Too bad Sam didn't went further and adopt my suggestion of implementing a pair of busses within the x-pander. Would have made it so much flexible, in line with SSL tradition.

Yes very sad not to see that function added. It would have been such a useful feature and is a deal breaker for me.
Old 7th April 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Also glad that someone got the Monty Python reference... after all we do try to be a very "British" companyheh
I thought a first maybe the guys from Mercenary might have had a hand in naming it as I grew up in southern Massachusetts and that's just how my highschool girlfriend would have said "expander" OH MY GAWD ITZ A XPANDA, THAT THING IS WICKED AWESOME! heh
Old 7th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
I thought a first maybe the guys from Mercenary might have had a hand in naming it as I grew up in southern Massachusetts and that's just how my highschool girlfriend would have said "expander" OH MY GAWD ITZ A XPANDA, THAT THING IS WICKED AWESOME! heh
would have been "wicked Pissa" back in the day on the Nawth Shaw
Old 7th April 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jindrich View Post
Well, I for one, am greatful it's not implemented. The X-panda is the perfect extension to my X-desk just the way it is. Thank you SSL.

What I would LOVE is a 2U x-desk-meter and a 2U X-panda-meter with Dsub audio through on the back. (To be fed from direct chan outs.) Jim - r u reading this?
Old 7th April 2011
Lives for gear

Seeing they seem to be taking requests - Jim, can we have the Matrix for $5000? Oh, thanks.
Old 7th April 2011
Lives for gear

SSL just sold an X-Desk, X-Panda, MX4 & Alpha Link. Maybe an X-Rack also. Now I just gotta figure where to beg, borrow or steal the coin.

I'm hoping you could remove the rack ears & bolt the X-Desk & X-Panda together as one unit? Would look good setting in front of a 30" monitor running PT 9, clean and uncluttered. Uh-Huh, Uh-Huh, Uh-Huh, Uh-Huh, Uh-Huh!!!!!!!!

Old 8th April 2011
Gear Addict
Can't wait to get this beside my X-Desk! Nice to see SSL pandering (BOOM BOOM) to the customers.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search