The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Apogee duet 2
Old 21st February 2013
  #1771
Here for the gear
 

Sent the Duet back to the dealer, still had about 7 month of warranty left. They tested it and found that 192k doesn't work, and also the interface briefly lose piwer whrn other power hungry devices are connected or disconnected from othr USB ports (so it wasn't my computer's fault) Waiting for their solution. Apogee online support is very good.
Old 22nd February 2013
  #1772
Deleted 6ccb844
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3xmeister View Post
Sent the Duet back to the dealer, still had about 7 month of warranty left. They tested it and found that 192k doesn't work, and also the interface briefly lose piwer whrn other power hungry devices are connected or disconnected from othr USB ports (so it wasn't my computer's fault) Waiting for their solution. Apogee online support is very good.
Good to hear!
Old 22nd February 2013
  #1773
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3xmeister View Post
Waiting for their solution.
That should be pretty straight forward shouldn't it .... A new unit !
Old 26th February 2013
  #1774
Here for the gear
 

Duet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
That should be pretty straight forward shouldn't it .... A new unit !
Yep, received a new unit which works great, very good customer support from Apogee.
Old 26th February 2013
  #1775
Deleted 6ccb844
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3xmeister View Post
Yep, received a new unit which works great, very good customer support from Apogee.
Good to hear!
Old 2nd March 2013
  #1776
Lives for gear
 
PRPS's Avatar
haven't been in thread in a minute. my duet 2 has been working great.

Does anyone use Maestro 2?
Old 2nd March 2013
  #1777
Lives for gear
 
Ernest Buckley's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRPS View Post
Does anyone use Maestro 2?
Yes.

Just on a side note, I lost my first Duet 2 due to Sandy and my second unit has been working great. I also want to thank all the good folks at Apogee for their continued support. The Duet 2 is a great product and it reflects the dedication of the people at Apogee.

Peace,
EB
Old 2nd March 2013
  #1778
Lives for gear
 
PRPS's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Buckley View Post
Yes.

Just on a side note, I lost my first Duet 2 due to Sandy and my second unit has been working great. I also want to thank all the good folks at Apogee for their continued support. The Duet 2 is a great product and it reflects the dedication of the people at Apogee.

Peace,
EB
what are some of the main advantages using it?

Old 2nd March 2013
  #1779
Lives for gear
 
Ernest Buckley's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRPS View Post
what are some of the main advantages using it?

Not sure what you`re asking.... main advantages to using the Duet 2? Maestro 2?

I`ve had the Duet 2 since late August 2011, never had a problem with it after installing the latest drivers. It sounds great and its easy to use. Its limited in its I/O but Apogee has other interfaces for more I/O.
Old 2nd March 2013
  #1780
Lives for gear
 
PRPS's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Buckley View Post
Not sure what you`re asking.... main advantages to using the Duet 2? Maestro 2?

I`ve had the Duet 2 since late August 2011, never had a problem with it after installing the latest drivers. It sounds great and its easy to use. Its limited in its I/O but Apogee has other interfaces for more I/O.
my bad, haha i meant Maestro 2. If you check the beginning of this thread, i was one of the regulars in it haha.


On Apogee's website they now have a new interface called the "Duet for iPad & Mac". I wonder if the duet 2 will be put in the legacy category
Old 3rd March 2013
  #1781
Lives for gear
 
Ernest Buckley's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRPS View Post
my bad, haha i meant Maestro 2. If you check the beginning of this thread, i was one of the regulars in it haha.


On Apogee's website they now have a new interface called the "Duet for iPad & Mac". I wonder if the duet 2 will be put in the legacy category
I find Maestro 2 (the software) and the Duet 2 (hardware) just outstanding. Like I mentioned before, its not for everyone due to the limited I/O but I honestly could not be happier with it.

Peace,
EB
Old 4th March 2013
  #1782
Gear Maniac
 

Well. I just bought this guy from GC today. I previously had and still have an Echo AudioFire4. Just fifteen minutes ago, I configured the Duet and started playing back some music, and my life changed.

Not to say that the Echo AudioFire is a bad product, but I certainly know where those 300 dollars went...
Old 7th March 2013
  #1783
I have unexpected turnoffs of the Duet 2. Just changed energy settings in the Mac so the drives don't sleep in hopes this'll help. I also have come to notice expected shutdowns. If I have built up static in my body and then touch the Duet it shuts itself down immediately....anyone know of a way to stop this from happening? The Duet runs through a powered USB hub which I have a 3 to 2 prong adapter on (the other USB on the Mac is dedicated to an Access Virus Ti and I can't give it up).
Old 7th March 2013
  #1785
Gear Maniac
 
ol drippy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltman View Post
I have unexpected turnoffs of the Duet 2. Just changed energy settings in the Mac so the drives don't sleep in hopes this'll help. I also have come to notice expected shutdowns. If I have built up static in my body and then touch the Duet it shuts itself down immediately....anyone know of a way to stop this from happening? The Duet runs through a powered USB hub which I have a 3 to 2 prong adapter on (the other USB on the Mac is dedicated to an Access Virus Ti and I can't give it up).

I've never had unexpected shutdowns but I did have the static thing happen the other night. I moved into a new room and it has a lot of static, If i'm moving around a lot i'll have to touch something metal first. But I've never had it happen just sitting still at my desk.
Old 7th March 2013
  #1786
Old 7th March 2013
  #1787
Quote:
Originally Posted by ol drippy View Post
I've never had unexpected shutdowns but I did have the static thing happen the other night. I moved into a new room and it has a lot of static, If i'm moving around a lot i'll have to touch something metal first. But I've never had it happen just sitting still at my desk.
Must be the stylish polyester pants I wear...
Old 7th March 2013
  #1788
Lives for gear
 

My Duet 2 loses connection VERY regularly. Drives me nuts. Dealt with Apogee tech support and did not get it resolved.

My original Duet had no problems.
Old 7th March 2013
  #1789
Gear Maniac
 
ol drippy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltman View Post
Must be the stylish polyester pants I wear...
Haha, that could be it. There should be a disclaimer on the Apogee site for that.
Old 8th March 2013
  #1790
I spoke with Apogee support yesterday about the static charge causing shutdowns and the intermittent shutdowns and they were very helpful.
I'd already tried changing the energy settings in my Mac so that nothing sleeps and no unexpected shutdowns since. As to the static issue they have had this problem appear before and it has to do with arcing between the knob and the shaft. Support will see to it I am offered a modified knob, insulated in some way, from their parts fulfillment department. I'd imagine this is one of the improvements they will make in the next version of the Duet.
Old 10th March 2013
  #1791
Lives for gear
 
PRPS's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonM View Post
LOL
Old 6th April 2013
  #1792
Apogee Duet 2 "standalone" workaround

Don´t know if I´m in the right place with this, but I simply want to share my experiences with the "workaround" for the Duet 2 so it´s usable even when the Mac sleeps...
I´ve been trying out a bit and found out that when I plug in the PowerSupply to the Unit when the Mac is in the Sleep Mode the "A" on the Duet appears and then the Mac awakes a little and goes into sleep rather quick again and I can use the Duet, while the Mac sleeps. I can even unplug the PS after the "A" appeared. It works for me on Mac Pro 4.1 with Maestro 2, but still it´s an quite uncomfortable workaround..
I´ve e-mailed with Brett from Apogee Support an he wrote that it´s not intended for the Duet to work in Sleep Mode, but I´m rather happy that I can use the Duet 2 when the Mac isn´t "on", hope this helps other people who want´s to use the Duet in a similar situation,
greetings from Hamburg,
andy.
Old 6th April 2013
  #1793
Apogee Duet 2 "standalone" workaround // P.S......

Sorry, forgot to mention that it works as a AD/DA only and there is no impact on the panel or the Multi-function Controller Knob,
I control volume with my SPL,
greetings,
andy.
Old 9th May 2013
  #1794
Gear Maniac
 
ol drippy's Avatar
Apogee support was really fast and helpful.

To fix the static they had me gently raise the knob up, but be careful and not pull it out or anything. It fixed it, it must have been touching something.
Old 18th May 2013
  #1795
Here for the gear
 

hmm, suddenly started to get weird problems with duet 2. and during gigs, of course!

1. if i first plug the power cord and then the usb; the unit wont find connection. no problems if i do it the other way around.

2. small audio dropouts (audio is muted / "chokes" for some seconds) here and there (two times during a two hour period) if using with the power cord. i mean, i don't need to replug anything, the audio comes back in after a while. not sure if this has anything to do with power cord actually, but im only using the cord when doing live gigs - just in case. i've tried it with both high and low buffersize.

anything similar happening with anyone else? my mac pro is up to date, 2012 version, and in perfect working order and the duet 2 is also updated to april 2013 drivers. :-(
Old 23rd April 2014
  #1796
Here for the gear
 

my apologies in advanced, if this is in the wrong section ..I am new to forum.
I recently bought from Craigslist an apogee duet 2 that only came with the break out cable, that will not power up.
I'm pretty sure I will have to send it back to get refurbs, but I was hoping to try and see if it did power up using the external power. I've done at little bit of research and found out that it's 5 volts DC, does anyone have one that can look at there a plug in transformer and read the amperage off of it for me?
Old 30th May 2016
  #1797
Gear Head
 

Hey everyone,

I am the happy new owner of a Duet 2. Question - it says it has FOUR outputs, but I only see THREE (the headphones out, and the lines out to the left and right speakers).

I thought that I would have an additional output with this, does anyone know about this?

The reason I need the 4th output is because I have a talk box and it requires an output heading into it from my Soft Synth in order for it to work.
Old 30th May 2016
  #1798
Gear Head
 

As copied from apogee website:

4 analog outputs – 2 balanced 1/4” mono outputs for speakers or outboard gear, 1/4” stereo headphone output.
Old 30th May 2016
  #1799
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
The headphones are stereo so count as 2 outputs.
Old 18th December 2016
  #1800
Here for the gear
 

Just floated my Duet 2 with tea and it made weird noises afterwards. I disconnected everything and dried it as good as it was possible. I took out the 4 screws on the back and opened the duet. But unfortunately I have no idea how to get past the platine. Ive seen that some water is under the display but I don't see a opportunity to get the black glass off without making everything worse.

Does anybody knows how to separate the parts?

Best regards
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 1083 views: 205301
Avatar for Mixmaster4934
Mixmaster4934 14th January 2011
replies: 84 views: 103115
Avatar for didier.brest
didier.brest 31st May 2014
replies: 343 views: 109970
Avatar for Brento
Brento 12th May 2015
replies: 75 views: 27304
Avatar for Leevi
Leevi 31st October 2015
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump