The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dim D by ERS (Empty Room System) Discuss
Old 20th March 2011
Lives for gear

Dim D by ERS (Empty Room System) Discuss

OK Fellas!!!

As many of you is aware, the Dim D from ERS (Replica of the Dimension D by Roland) is now in Beta and I thought a specific thread for it is more then deserve and here it is.

For those part of the Beta Team must already started enjoying how beautiful this plugin sound. Honestly talking, I think i've heard the original SDD-320 chorus build by Roland once in my life and that was a long time ago. And not only form what I recall as the original sound, ERS really grabbed the sonic of it but enhanced it to a better sounding chorus plugin.

Without a doubt, so far, from al the Chorus plugin (with respect to their own sonic differences and flavor), this one is by far one of the 3 TOP Chorus sounding plugin that you music Engineers will enjoy using. But again, don't take my word for granted, you will be the judge.

Stay tuned for more comments, report for my other fellas till the day All of you will be able to put their hands on, I swear It's MAGIC. If I would refer to express the feeling in culinary way, I would imagine: Honey, Butter with a toping of a smooth strawberry fondant... Ayayayyai, think I should just stop there. hahahahhahahah!!

Stay Tune & Thanx to ERS for this amazing products.

Home page

Cheers

MY

P.S I'm not sponsored by ERS (just for the record)
Old 20th March 2011
Lives for gear

Thank you for your nice words! There is still a bit of work to do, but the main structure is functioning pretty well. I am curious on any bugs found with the different host. It is now in beta for PC VST.

I made a replication of this before on the H8000, so did a lot of calculating work in the past. And I have to thank Gerald Jansen for doing some of the PSPICE calculations and Scott Kane for the nice GUI. Okay, back to the lab for some voicing and manual writing....

We could use some more betatesters, so if you are interested drop me an email.

Picture:
Old 21st March 2011
Lives for gear

whoa this is gonna be a beast!

so far running smoothly and sounding HUGE! GUI is excellent.
Old 21st March 2011
This is good news, since a nice Chorus is something rare these days. Not many options out there (Bootsy's Nasty DLA comes to mind) and from what I hear about ERS this one is something I'd be looking forward to test.
Old 21st March 2011
Lives for gear

BIG vote for Mac version :-)
Old 21st March 2011
Lives for gear

The dimension D is about the only plugin on my uad card that gets a regular outing nower days
Old 21st March 2011
Lives for gear

Okay, the links are send out to the betatesters. The first test look pretty smooth, but I am waiting for more deeper test. Before applying as betatester, please remember not to do the test on productions. It should not ruin it, but you never know.

There is no MAC version yet, but Christian will compile that after the finishing of the PC version.

We will change the mono/stereo knob, because I figured out that the output is always stereo and only the input is monoized.

Harrie
Old 21st March 2011
Gear Addict

Mac AU please!
Old 21st March 2011
Well the last time I heard a Dim D was sometime in the '80's and I don't remember what it sounded like firsthand. I remember it from the Gabriel CD's.
This plug is great. As a stereoizer it's amazing. So far totally stable in Reaper,Win XP2, .5% cpu use.
The choruses are very lush yet transparent and they sound huge! Made me play guitar through it for an hour just exploring. Very '80's sounding but in a great way!
A must buy for me!
Old 21st March 2011
Lives for gear

I got some really good betatest. Some people really digged deep. Thank you for your good work. I'll send out more details to the betatesters tomorrow.
Old 22nd March 2011
Lives for gear

I have send out a betareport with the bugs found to the betatesters, so you can replicate it and look if there is a non-found bug. I'll work on this list in the next few days and the second beta will arrive begin next week.

I had reports of someone pushing 200!!! DIM D's together in a host (stress- and memorytest) with 65% CPU use. That is some serious testing!
Old 22nd March 2011
Lives for gear

Any plans on RTAS?
Old 22nd March 2011
Lives for gear

I wish Avid would respond to my phonecalls and letters.... but I'll inform you all when things change...
Old 22nd March 2011
DSK
Lives for gear

Talking

I had a bit of time last night to do a little testing and it sounded marvelous. Don't have a Dim D to compare but on it's really good on it's own.

As stability I didn't got the chance to see how many instances I could run so will see maybe tonight.

Also +1 on the stereo widening effect.thumbsup

This is what I've got on a first try but will go deeper.
Old 22nd March 2011
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froombosch View Post
I wish Avid would respond to my phonecalls and letters....
I would be surprised if anyone was working at Avid
Old 22nd March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I wish Avid would respond to my phonecalls and letters....
Is it really true Avid doesn't want to incite competition and keep their format contained? (UAD)

not the first developer to complain of this...
Old 23rd March 2011
Lives for gear

After the first reports we are now changings some parts of it. It looks like the basic structure is pretty stable. Some of the mayor changes that we are working on:
I am now voicing the chorus further, to make it sound more smooth,
Automation support is added,
Mode0 will be a bypass,
Mono/stereo button will be on the input, not on the output,
and a few others.

If you find any other items/bugs, please let me know.
Old 23rd March 2011
Lives for gear

Any more room for Beta testers?
Old 23rd March 2011
Lives for gear

PM-ed.

and more positive news! I am in contact with Avid now! I hope to get the information to port over to RTAS.

Harrie
Old 23rd March 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
PM-ed.

and more positive news! I am in contact with Avid now! I hope to get the information to port over to RTAS.

Harrie
Brilliant!!

Still hope for an EMT 140 and Eventide Micropitch in near future??
Old 23rd March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
PM-ed.

Harrie
That's really good news! thumbsup
Old 23rd March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjetil View Post
Brilliant!!

Still hope for an EMT 140 and Eventide Micropitch in near future??
I have to second this wish of an EMT 140 Eventide ayayayyi, would be amazing especially if ERS develops it!!
Old 23rd March 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
I have to second this wish of an EMT 140 Eventide ayayayyi, would be amazing especially if ERS develops it!!
thumbsup
Old 24th March 2011
Lives for gear

maybe another thing to consider is some sort of clipping indicator for when the signal is going over 0db.
Old 25th March 2011
Gear Addict

This chorus sounds beautiful. No bugs here yet.
Old 25th March 2011
Lives for gear

I made a menu for each knob so it can be controlled In everyones wishes. Velocity sensitive or not, circular motion or vertical or horizontal... Most bugs are solved now. Doing some test with upsampling..
Old 25th March 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
I made a menu for each knob so it can be controlled In everyones wishes. Velocity sensitive or not, circular motion or vertical or horizontal... Most bugs are solved now. Doing some test with upsampling..
Upsampling. Nice. Does it make significant difference to the sound?
Old 25th March 2011
Lives for gear

if you make this for RTAS...

I WILL BUY IT.
Old 25th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod View Post
Upsampling. Nice. Does it make significant difference to the sound?
Yep, I doing several different topologies, so with the listening team we can decide what is closes to the original. I am happy that the platform is now pretty stable. Tuesday I will send out the second beta...
Old 25th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Woooooooooooooooow Harrie!!!

Now you got me all excited here with these add-ons features. Thats what we need and what I reported in my test and really really loooking forward to try the new beta release!! When should we expect it? Sometimes this weekend or to early?

Cheers!!!
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search