The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dim D by ERS (Empty Room System) Discuss DAW Software
Old 25th March 2011
Lives for gear

That is a bit to early... Monday we will do listeningtest on the Dim D and decide which route to follow. I hope to have it implemented on tuesday and send them out to the betatesters. But it can take longer... Quality always takes its time.
Old 25th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froombosch View Post
That is a bit to early... Monday we will do listeningtest on the Dim D and decide which route to follow. I hope to have it implemented on tuesday and send them out to the betatesters. But it can take longer... Quality always takes its time.
Can't agree more with Quality! Take the time it will take!!

Cheers!!
Old 26th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubrichie View Post
if you make this for RTAS...

I WILL BUY IT.
+1 thumbsup
Old 31st March 2011
Lives for gear

Question

Is there room for one more Beta tester?
Old 31st March 2011
Lives for gear

I am busy working on beta2. I'll add you to the list. Please send your email adres and your credentials using the supportpage of our website...
Old 31st March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am busy working on beta2. I'll add you to the list. Please send your email adres and your credentials using the supportpage of our website...
Ayayayayi... anxious for BetaII.
Old 31st March 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Ayayayayi.
Solar do you actually make this sound? ;-)
Old 31st March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Solar do you actually make this sound? ;-)
Always mate, always
Old 31st March 2011
Lives for gear

Has the AU development of EMpTy 250 been put on hold while you develop this?

It has taken a LONG time from when we were first doing the beta???
Old 1st April 2011
Lui
Gear nut

if the price is not too high i will definately buy this thumbsup
Old 1st April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe View Post
Has the AU development of EMpTy 250 been put on hold while you develop this?

It has taken a LONG time from when we were first doing the beta???
Nope. Some last items are being worked out. I will not give ETA because I am depending on other companies/persons to do some work for me. The last automatisation bugs are solved.
Old 1st April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lui View Post
if the price is not too high i will definately buy this thumbsup

Price is announced on our web-site.
Old 4th April 2011
Lives for gear

Going to beta 2 will take some more time. I am doing a lot of different implementations to tryout with our listening team. That takes time. I'll inform you all when going to beta 2.

Harrie
Old 4th April 2011
Lui
Gear nut

Quote:
Price is announced on our web-site.
I just read it. 49€ is a really good price. The GUI looks great. Can't wait!
Old 4th April 2011
bee
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lui View Post
I just read it. 49€ is a really good price. The GUI looks great. Can't wait!
Word! I can't wait to try this bad boy out.
Old 10th April 2011
Lui
Gear nut

This is only gonna be a VST, right? Would it work in Logic with the fxpansion VST to AU Adapter v2.0? If you would add me as a beta tester i would test it that way. Best regards, Lui.
Old 10th April 2011
Lives for gear

At first VST PC only, but some times after that a MAC version (VST and AU) as well. Studying RTAS also. It all takes time.

Next week another gathering with the listening team.

Harrie
Old 10th April 2011
Lui
Gear nut

Quote:
At first VST PC only, but some times after that a MAC version (VST and AU) as well. Studying RTAS also. It all takes time.

Next week another gathering with the listening team.

Harrie
Awesome!
Old 26th April 2011
Lives for gear

Expect beta 2 this week. IMHO after our voicingwork, the plug-in is now pretty close to the original. There are some beta-testers with the original hardware. Those will tell how accurate it is.
Old 26th April 2011
Quote:
Expect beta 2 this week. IMHO after our voicingwork, the plug-in is now pretty close to the original. There are some beta-testers with the original hardware. Those will tell how accurate it is.
Excellent. Been wondering about DimD
Old 26th April 2011
Lives for gear

Good wine has some age ...
Old 27th April 2011
Lives for gear

Hi Harrie!!!

Glad to hear that new version is coming out soon. As I just finish setting up my new i7 and ready to rock. Should I wait till version Beta 2 or install the first one so I can really test it out under Win 7 x64 bit?

Thanx and looking forward to test it more

Cheers!!
Old 27th April 2011
Lives for gear

Thrilled someone is making a plug of this. I was just posting elsewhere that I was thisclose to purchasing a UAD solo simply to run the Dim D plug and that's it and the only thing holding me back was that a UAD card and the plug run price-wise in the same range as a used Dim D hardware.

I'll definitely be on the list to buy this! Saves me from having to purchase a UAD card!

Regards,
Frank

EDIT:

Saw on your website that your EMT 250 reverb is iLok protected. Please in the name of all that is holy tell me that you aren't going to ruin this plug by going iLok for this...

It'll be a cold day in hell before I let anything PACE or iLok near my computer! (Had PACE completely destroy my OS once and I had to re-format and re-install).

If that's the case, I'll spend the money to go UAD before I ever spend any money for an iLok....even if it means I have to spend $600 more.

I'll take anything...personalized copies (which I prefer), Challenge/Response....whatever. Anything but iLok....
Old 27th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Hi Harrie!!!

Glad to hear that new version is coming out soon. As I just finish setting up my new i7 and ready to rock. Should I wait till version Beta 2 or install the first one so I can really test it out under Win 7 x64 bit?

Thanx and looking forward to test it more

Cheers!!
I think it is better to wait for beta2. I Am doing some last tweaks tommorrow and will test drive it in like 4 or 5 DAW's myself before I send it out.
Old 27th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Thrilled someone is making a plug of this. I was just posting elsewhere that I was thisclose to purchasing a UAD solo simply to run the Dim D plug and that's it and the only thing holding me back was that a UAD card and the plug run price-wise in the same range as a used Dim D hardware.

I'll definitely be on the list to buy this! Saves me from having to purchase a UAD card!

Regards,
Frank

EDIT:

Saw on your website that your EMT 250 reverb is iLok protected. Please in the name of all that is holy tell me that you aren't going to ruin this plug by going iLok for this...

It'll be a cold day in hell before I let anything PACE or iLok near my computer! (Had PACE completely destroy my OS once and I had to re-format and re-install).

If that's the case, I'll spend the money to go UAD before I ever spend any money for an iLok....even if it means I have to spend $600 more.

I'll take anything...personalized copies (which I prefer), Challenge/Response....whatever. Anything but iLok....
PC version (like the EMpTy 250) will be challenge/responce protected. For Mac I have not decided yet, but that is not yet in beta. That will be step 2 after the release of the pc version.

Harrie
Old 27th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
PC version (like the EMpTy 250) will be challenge/responce protected.

Harrie
Whew! I think I got some gray hairs!

Frank
Old 27th April 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
PC version (like the EMpTy 250) will be challenge/responce protected. For Mac I have not decided yet, but that is not yet in beta. That will be step 2 after the release of the pc version.

Harrie
I'm a Mac user and I had written off your product as a "will not buy" because I assumed it would be using iLok, but it's back on my radar given that you are doing challenge/response for PC!

Ultimately, it's your IP and you need to protect it how you see fit. I don't pretend to know what goes into making those kinds of decisions and I'm sure it's tough to go either way.

When you're figuring out how you proceed though, just mark me down in the "willing buyer if it doesn't have iLok" column.
Old 27th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Whew! I think I got some gray hairs!

Frank
My haircutter always colours my hair, else i would be totally grey.

We are lucky that we have hair and not only the reverbbeard... heh
Old 27th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppinger View Post
I'm a Mac user and I had written off your product as a "will not buy" because I assumed it would be using iLok, but it's back on my radar given that you are doing challenge/response for PC!

Ultimately, it's your IP and you need to protect it how you see fit. I don't pretend to know what goes into making those kinds of decisions and I'm sure it's tough to go either way.

When you're figuring out how you proceed though, just mark me down in the "willing buyer if it doesn't have iLok" column.
I am listening to what you all are saying and will consider all options when deciding what to do. I have had a bad experience with hacking, so I am considering that as well.. When I have decided I will let you all know.
Old 27th April 2011
Lives for gear

Gotta say, this has me pretty excited!

The studio I worked at had a UAD 2-Quad and the Dimension D is the only thing I miss from that setup that I couldn't find a suitable replacement for in my home studio and I really do not want to shell out cash for a UAD-2 card.

Well, here it is and the pricing is very reasonable.

I hope it sounds great!

And props for including a wet/dry mix knob. That was one thing that annoyed me about UA's version. I know they want authenticity, but I like using the plugin on an aux send and would prefer it to be 100% wet.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search