The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Massey DRT is out now!
Old 10th March 2011
  #1
Moderator
 
joe_04_04's Avatar
 

Thread Starter
Massey DRT is out now!

Massey Plugins Inc.

THANK YOU MASSEY...I know I've been hounding you for a half a year now...
Old 10th March 2011
  #2
Gear Maniac
 
marcpl's Avatar
 

wow. can't wait to check it out. steve's the man.
Old 10th March 2011
  #3
Gear Maniac
 
2Low's Avatar
Hurray
Old 10th March 2011
  #4
Gear Maniac
 
seagull's Avatar
 

I do miss Massey now that I've switched to Reaper.

Old 10th March 2011
  #5
Lives for gear
 
lynngraber's Avatar
What I have loved about DTM (the beta), is that it is NOT real time. Detecting and creating a MIDI track allows for much greater control and accuracy than real time replacement. You can edit the MIDI and get the tracks perfect.
Old 10th March 2011
  #6
Gear Maniac
 
2Low's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by therecordinghous View Post
What I have loved about DTM (the beta), is that it is NOT real time. Detecting and creating a MIDI track allows for much greater control and accuracy than real time replacement. You can edit the MIDI and get the tracks perfect.
DRT seems to be an Audio Suite plugin
so it cant be realtime
Old 10th March 2011
  #7
Lives for gear
 
lynngraber's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Low View Post
DRT seems to be an Audio Suite plugin
so it cant be realtime

yes, read what i wrote again.
Old 10th March 2011
  #8
Gear Maniac
 
Third Eye's Avatar
 

Awesome, can't wait to try it out!!
Old 10th March 2011
  #9
Lives for gear
 
T_R_S's Avatar
So is there an upgrade price for DTM users?
I am not sure if there is a lot I am missing - I don't need to change the note it's easy to do in a midi editor.
Learn Drum? Does DTM not already have this feature?
Old 10th March 2011
  #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
So is there an upgrade price for DTM users?
I am not sure if there is a lot I am missing - I don't need to change the note it's easy to do in a midi editor.
Learn Drum? Does DTM not already have this feature?
DTM was free... why would there be an "upgrade price"? Especially for a plug-in that's only $69 at full retail?
Old 10th March 2011
  #11
Lives for gear
 
T_R_S's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
DTM was free... why would there be an "upgrade price"? Especially for a plug-in that's only $69 at full retail?
I saw "upgrade to full version" was the only reason I asked
Old 10th March 2011
  #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
DTM was free... why would there be an "upgrade price"? Especially for a plug-in that's only $69 at full retail?
It was only free to existing customers...so maybe those with it get a reduced price. (not that the price needs reduction)
But I wonder how different it is from the DTM...what is "relative midi output mode"?
I wonder if you can change sensitivity for certain parts of a region...the biggest hassle with the DTM, is when you have to set overall sensitivity to pick up nuances in a fill...and then have to delete a lot of mis-hits manually.

Also the dynamic interpretation could be improved in DTM.
Old 10th March 2011
  #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
I saw "upgrade to full version" was the only reason I asked
Ah, I see. I think that's just Massey's way of saying "hey, our free plug-in is actually entirely, completely useable!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli P View Post
It was only free to existing customers...so maybe those with it get a reduced price. (not that the price needs reduction)
That was essentially my point... his prices are not really in a bracket worth complaining about for any reason.
Old 10th March 2011
  #14
Lives for gear
 
Fidelis's Avatar
 

Hey. I have all masseys plugins except the eq and love them. But after I got Slate Trigger I never used DTM anymore, so I guess I won't need this one. Sorry Steve!
Old 10th March 2011
  #15
Gear Head
 

Possible to Use With Non-Drum Tracks?

Has anyone tried using this with other audio tracks, say piano or bass? Can you use it to create a midi track from any other audio than drums?

I did not see this addressed in the PDF.
Old 11th March 2011
  #16
Gear nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriele3 View Post
Has anyone tried using this with other audio tracks, say piano or bass? Can you use it to create a midi track from any other audio than drums?

I did not see this addressed in the PDF.
The plugin only does transient detection, no pitch detection, so it would only give you chaos for piano or bass.

@TRS: DRT has a revised detection (and learn) algorithm over DTM for tighter results, as well as a much better user interface and full trigger editing. One of the best improvements is the ability to export MIDI relative to an analyzed region. In DTM, you always had to drag or import the MIDI back to sample 0. This improvement makes it a lot easier to work in song segments.

Thanks!
Steve
Massey Plugins Inc.
Old 11th March 2011
  #17
Gear Maniac
 
marcpl's Avatar
 

i want to see if i can use it to create a midi kick from my metal guitar tracks. could save me some time with the drum sequence.
Old 12th March 2011
  #18
Lives for gear
 
Retinal's Avatar
Omg this is like xmas! I was *just* about to get Drumtracker because I needed - first time with the new system - to turn a bunch of bad drum tracks into midi, Massey saved the day with this! And it's only 69$! I don't even want to try it, I'll just get it thumbsup
Old 12th March 2011
  #19
Gear maniac
 
Pfhuck's Avatar
 

Old 12th March 2011
  #20
Lives for gear
 

The question i want to know is is it more accurate than SSD Trigger, use them in conjunction and happy days! Not that i have too many issues with trigger, but hey, nice to have options for midi too.
Old 12th March 2011
  #21
Lives for gear
 
h4nc0's Avatar
sorry posted in wrong thread. :(
Old 12th March 2011
  #22
Lives for gear
 
Retinal's Avatar
It works like a charm, very accurate, very easy to set and tweak
I've been having some issues with Dumagog 5 in PT9, random crashes and samples that stretch and don't stop playing, restarting the system fixes it everytime but jeez, it's annoying.

As crazy as it seems, i found turning the tracks into midi and then use superior faster, Massey rules, big time. Always has thumbsup
Old 12th March 2011
  #23
Lives for gear
 
hgen's Avatar
 

Got the demo and wow works great, so quick to use as well.

BTW, when you have your DRT midi track you can Beat Detective the audio track your replacing and groove extraction to the clipboard then transfer all the velocity info etc to the midi track via Event Operations/Quantise with the Groove Clipboard selected of course. Can impose up to 100% of timing duration & velocity etc from the audi track you groove extracted, so that you have an almost exact replica of the waveform in midi.
Old 12th March 2011
  #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgen View Post
Got the demo and wow works great, so quick to use as well.

BTW, when you have your DRT midi track you can Beat Detective the audio track your replacing and groove extraction to the clipboard then transfer all the velocity info etc to the midi track via Event Operations/Quantise with the Groove Clipboard selected of course. Can impose up to 100% of timing duration & velocity etc from the audi track you groove extracted, so that you have an almost exact replica of the waveform in midi.
Do the rest of you guys understand this?
I'll try with some more coffee ...maybe I get it then.
Old 13th March 2011
  #25
Lives for gear
 
crying1986's Avatar
All that he is saying is that you can extract the velocity values from the audio track and apply them to the midi notes that drt just created for you. This keeps all the midi velocity values relative to the original audio. Pretty killer.
Old 14th March 2011
  #26
Lives for gear
 
Retinal's Avatar
I used it the whole day in studio, it's stupid how easy is to dial-in and work with, Massey rocks!
Old 14th March 2011
  #27
Gear Maniac
 
marcpl's Avatar
 

just got it after playing with the demo for a bit. another great plugin and value. i wish steve would release allot more plugins.
Old 14th March 2011
  #28
Lives for gear
 
Tubthumper's Avatar
 

I had been wondering about Massey Plugins..... so quiet of late. Glad he's back on the scene. His compressor gets a lot of action at my place.
Old 14th March 2011
  #29
Lives for gear
 

[QUOTE= Glad he's back on the scene. His compressor gets a lot of action at my place.[/QUOTE]
thumbsup
Old 14th March 2011
  #30
Died for gear
 
Goliath|Audio's Avatar
 

I was a bit irritated that I couldn't get DTM any longer. It's all good now. I would gladly pay the paltry $69 for this plug.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 
 
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Hope209 / Music Computers
21
Agli / Music Computers
26
Worlez / So much gear, so little time!
9
murergobben / Music Computers
6
ccgreg / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
0

Forum Jump