The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Nebula Library - Germanos EQ Series (Neumann/Siemens/TAB/Telefunken) Equalisers (HW)
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

New Nebula Library - Germanos EQ Series (Neumann/Siemens/TAB/Telefunken)

We are pleased to present the newest AITB release:
The Germanos EQ Series
analoginthebox.com - Germanos EQ Series

This release is not just a new EQ library for Nebula...
With this release we proudly present you a collection of the most famous vintage equalizer modules that have been made in Germany:

Telefunken W695
TAB W95c
Siemens W295b
Neumann W492

Manual: ***Download here***
Demo: COMING SOON

This release is the initial result of the new collaboration between AITB and Acustica Audio associate, Mirco. Be prepared for more news soon.

About the demo:
What we have in mind would be 2-3 programs that allow you to switch between different models for a certain setting.
But maybe our customers have better suggestions, so feel free to send them to us! (Deadline is 2011-01-04).
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Nut

Smile

That sounds good to me . Brilliant Idea and concept that would allow us to truly hear the differences quickly without adding another instance of Nebula. Btw, when is the release?
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Addict

I just checked the website, you can buy it now. This is just a new library of impulses to add to Nebula. You never had to open a new instance of Nebula to change the impulses.
Cheers
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-sharp View Post
I just checked the website, you can buy it now. This is just a new library of impulses to add to Nebula. You never had to open a new instance of Nebula to change the impulses.
Cheers
No you dont have to but it makes it much easier to compare say a api boost at 3k by 2dB to a neve at the same boost, could just bypass one and enable the other instead of going through nebula's long list of impulses.
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Addict

I see what you're saying
cheers

I'm curious if anyone has this yet. How is it?
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Deal-breaker....is it 96k?
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surbitone View Post
Deal-breaker....is it 96k?
No, it is 44.1kHz.
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
No, it is 44.1kHz.
Cheers thumbsup

I really wish AITB would start releasing in 96k :(
Old 6th January 2011
OMU
Lives for gear

In fact I appreciate that they don't

The people working at 96 are a minority, and while I wouldn't mind at all to work at 96, the present day computers can't handle that properly (using Nebula, of course). Tons of freezes are my idea of efficiency, and the difference in sound is negligible IMO.
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
In fact I appreciate that they don't

The people working at 96 are a minority, and while I wouldn't mind at all to work at 96, the present day computers can't handle that properly (using Nebula, of course). Tons of freezes are my idea of efficiency, and the difference in sound is negligible IMO.

+1

btw guys: have you compared this to CDSM and even that free programs by rhodes54 (were in the acustica forum a few months ago)?

I own everything from AITB. Not sure if I really need another EQ though, unless it's superdupercrazyamazingmusthavespecial...
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by miro View Post

btw guys: have you compared this to CDSM and even that free programs by rhodes54 (were in the acustica forum a few months ago)?

I own everything from AITB. Not sure if I really need another EQ though, unless it's superdupercrazyamazingmusthavespecial...
interested in that too, also in a comparison to the eq in alexbs german mastering console... i have too many eqs already
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

The Germanos EQ Series is a great bundle for those who don't own EQs like CDSoundMaster's Siemens W295b or AlexB's Neumann W495STB. The High-Shelf in that Siemens W295b is the best I've heard so far, it even beats (imo) the high-shelf in CDSoundMaster's Cooltec and AITB's Doc Fear. If you own CDSM's w295b you'll notice it retains more the low end while AITB's loses a bit down there, they're 99% similar, that's the only difference I've noticed in both. AITB's W492 does exactly the same, it loses a bit of low end comparing to AlexB's W495STB but it has the BEST band I've heard so far to boost around 1.5kHz-3kHz, glorious on vocals.
Old 6th January 2011
OMU
Lives for gear

Quote:
The High-Shelf in that Siemens W295b is the best I've heard so far, it even beats (imo) the high-shelf in CDSoundMaster's Cooltec and AITB's Doc Fear.
They're very different, all 3, they sound nothing alike.
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
They're very different, all 3, they sound nothing alike.
I know I know

I just gave my opinion and shared my thoughts. I still stand by it, the Siemens W295b has the best High-Shelf I've ever heard
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Germanos EQ Series is a great bundle for those who don't own EQs like CDSoundMaster's Siemens W295b or AlexB's Neumann W495STB. The High-Shelf in that Siemens W295b is the best I've heard so far, it even beats (imo) the high-shelf in CDSoundMaster's Cooltec and AITB's Doc Fear. If you own CDSM's w295b you'll notice it retains more the low end while AITB's loses a bit down there, they're 99% similar, that's the only difference I've noticed in both. AITB's W492 does exactly the same, it loses a bit of low end comparing to AlexB's W495STB but it has the BEST band I've heard so far to boost around 1.5kHz-3kHz, glorious on vocals.
It bothers me when you talk like this. Because now I feel the need to go buy them.
Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Unit View Post
It bothers me when you talk like this. Because now I feel the need to go buy them.

Wait for the demo. Hopefully it will give you a better idea of the sound of these 4 Equalizers. Don't buy it if you don't need it, don't get it if you feel you're happy with your current tools/options, that wouldn't help. I have 99% of all stuff for Nebula and I always end up using the same bands/preamps/inputs/buses/mixbuses/reverbs over and over and over again. If I weren't working on a project for AA and its users (with Franci), I'd pretty much delete everything except those bands/preamps/inputs/buses/mixbuses/reverbs I love. I have my sound, I developed a sound on my own and I know what I want, that's why I prefer things that some people may or may not like, thankfully Nebula's helped me with that sound
Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear

you just had to mention that I get 4 equalizers in this package, didn't you?

But seriously, I know where you are coming from.

Just don't steal "my" sound....
Old 7th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Unit View Post
you just had to mention that I get 4 equalizers in this package, didn't you?

But seriously, I know where you are coming from.

Just don't steal "my" sound....

Fair enough! haha

The Doc Fear High Peak band is also one of my favorite for vocals, that 16kHz peak just works!

Anyways, if I were starting with Nebula I'd pick the CLC + CLeQ bundle from Alex and this pack from AITB. A clean and nice console emulation + a versatile EQ (which also includes one of the cleanest and more effective HPF for vocals I've heard so far in Nebula... though the Focal Point 115HD retains a bit more of low end while cleaning up stuff efficiently like the CLeQ heh , a matter of taste I guess) + a pack of colorful EQs to work on those crucial frequencies we always have problems with (700Hz, 1kHz, 1.5kHz, 2kHz, 3kHz, etc.). To me the most important element in a song are vocals and I always try to capture the best sound while tracking them but I also love the sound of tube mics so sometimes I need to EQ stuff a bit to make things sit better. To me it is all about tonal balance and sadly not many EQs in the digital world can provide that efficiently (and naturally), that's where Nebula's EQ come into play (packs like this cover a wide range of options, color/sound-wise).

Cheers
Old 15th February 2011

Anyone else tried these? I can't get the demo to work and no answers to my email. Money is waiting but I cant demo it... oh well...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search