The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Korg Kronos Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 27th January 2011
Lives for gear

Nuskooltone. Thanks, I tend to agree with your take. Though you do need to demo these boards before deciding it is the right one for you. I'm not trying to be cliche, but you do really need to check a board out in person....and on your own material. I did explore the Oasys, waited, and bought one from a fellow slut. It is my favorite board that I have had...options +. There is nothing wrong with Roland, Kurzweil, Yamaha, Nord entries, I could probably use any of these and be quite happy, as I have had most of them in the past. The Kronos is probably very competitive with the rest. I would love to try it in the near future. thumbsupthumbsup
Old 18th April 2011
Here for the gear

Korg Kronos - Information

Might wanna check out this link - this guy seems to have been up close and personal and is singing its praises big style:

Korg Kronos Synthesizer Review | Kronos Synth or OASYS V2 Workstation by Korg | Korg - Sounds Live Shop

Looks like its got a beafier soundset than Oasys and is gonna be way cheaper!
Old 19th April 2011
Lives for gear

I think you were directing your comments to me. +1 Natcl. In my previous post, people seemed to be hammering this new Korg offering. But, since I've had a vast sampling of everything over the years from the Arp 2600 to the Oasys, I know that Korg makes great stuff. With Korg, not only are their top level boards always IMHO competitive with the others, but just as important, the tech support is superlative. Yes, the Oasys is or was expensive...but it is also a very very cool piece of gear. That means I really dig it.

Horses for courses. As far as the Kronos is concerned, if it is beefier than my Oasys, okay. I will just park one next to my Oasys and see which one is superior. I'm just guessing from the clips that it will be quite an improvement over the M3...which is a very decent board. Good luck. thumbsupthumbsup
Old 20th May 2011
Lives for gear

Kronos is finally here. Japan retailers have them in stock...picking up my Kronos today......good bye Fantom G.
Old 20th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahrome View Post
Kronos is finally here. Japan retailers have them in stock...picking up my Kronos today......good bye Fantom G.

I never liked the fantom G for some reason!
Old 20th May 2011
Lives for gear

+1 for you Jahrome! hehhehheh
Old 21st May 2011
Lives for gear

Happy...but you will most likely see me in numerous threads talking about how I am let down regarding sampling capabilities. These companies keep getting close...but still missing the mark.

Roland seems to get it right...but their problem is that the spread the best sampling features across 4 products (Fantom G, Fantom X, V-Synth, and MV-8800). Now if they put the sampling capabilities from all these products into one workstation, it will be a Samplist wet dream....

JJ gets it with his MPC 2500/1000 OS. But he is limited by the hardware specs of those Maschines.

Yamaha understands what tools should be included, but they fail to deliver it in a practical manner.

Now Korg? I will be going into detailed specifics.......lol
Old 22nd May 2011
Gear Addict

Too bad there wont be a Kronos RACK...
Old 22nd May 2011
Gear Maniac

Blu-Ray player is badly needed in this Kronos to watch movies!
Old 5th June 2011
Here for the gear

Kronos

.........for UK residence DV247 are the cheapest ;
  • 61 £2,599
  • 73 £2,999
  • 88 £3,199
....it would be great if they did Limited Edition coloured versions....would be cool..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search