The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ToneBoosters (former Jeroen Breebart) Win/Mac Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

ToneBoosters (former Jeroen Breebart) Win/Mac

just came across this thread over at KVR: KVR: EDIT: Jeroen Breebaart is now toneboosters.com

Seems that the very popular Jeroen Breebart plugins
(As a mac guy I never had the chance to use them, but always heard good things from PC guys!)
Jeroen Breebaart | Home transformed into ToneBoosters

ok, checking out the bundle right away!

edit: seems mac versions only available as vst.
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Awesome Plug ins from this guy thanks for the heads up!!!! heh
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

20 euros the biggest no brainer in the world.thumbsup
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by genieg View Post
20 euros the biggest no brainer in the world.thumbsup
I agree!
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks for the heads up.

I always liked Ferox and Timemachine

I'll give them a try
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

No AU.

- c
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
No AU.

- c

Yea, and NO RTAS ... naturally. heh

I might give them a try with the VST2RTAS wrapper.

Those € 20.- a NO brainer for sure !

G
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Yea, and NO RTAS ... naturally. heh

I might give them a try with the VST2RTAS wrapper.

Those € 20.- a NO brainer for sure !

G
I don't know if this would apply to RTAS as well but this is from the download section in ToneBoosters' site:

* The Mac OSX plugins will likely not work with VST to audio unit (AU) wrappers.

I guess you could give it a shot anyways, just thought about posting it in case it doesn't work.

Cheers
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Maniac

i love these plugs but JB Time machine is missing. :(
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post

* The Mac OSX plugins will likely not work with VST to audio unit (AU) wrappers.

This is true of the VST2RTAS wrapper, unfortunately. No control in PT8...
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

I recently switched to Presonus Studio One (on Mac) and it takes both AU and VST. Just an idea.
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio Addict View Post
I recently switched to Presonus Studio One (on Mac) and it takes both AU and VST. Just an idea.
Me too. This is one of the (many) nice things about Studio One. And this makes it a true cross-platform DAW. Projects created in Studio One on a PC with VST plug-ins will load and play with their settings in Studio One on a Mac if you have the same plug-ins installed as VST on the Mac.
Old 8th January 2011
Gear Maniac

Really wish the time machine was ported! When i switched to OSX it is still the only plugin that i cannot replace.

hopefully this one makes it eventually!
Old 8th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrogen View Post
Really wish the time machine was ported! When i switched to OSX it is still the only plugin that i cannot replace.

hopefully this one makes it eventually!
I believe he mentioned to port more of his old plugins to mac. thumbsup

Really liking Ferox Tape Sat! About to buy these!
Old 10th January 2011
Lives for gear

Yeah, the tape sat is pretty convincing! Running it behind r2r b77 is pretty gnarly for Rock stuff. Great plugs, incredible deal. Well done JB.
Old 10th January 2011
Gear Maniac

Thumbs up great plugin developper

Not sure about this new version of Ferox, but the original JB Ferox is THE best tape emulator for me, it does amazing things to a drum buss or bass, a constant fixture in all my mixes. a plug I would've gladly paid over $200 for, in fact was free!!thumbsup
Old 12th January 2011
Gear Maniac

I'm sorry but if you try releasing a serious suite for mac and don't have AU or RTAS versions you've lost my confidence. c'mon...
Old 12th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vank View Post
I'm sorry but if you try releasing a serious suite for mac and don't have AU or RTAS versions you've lost my confidence. c'mon...
So you're saying that you have a vst-compatible host but you still won't buy these because he didn't support AU or RTAS?
Old 13th January 2011
Lives for gear

These plugs are so surprisingly good. Buying this coming week for sure, the Ferrox plug alone is worth the price but all the other plugs are excellent as well.
Great, great job
Old 13th January 2011
DSK
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Unit View Post
So you're saying that you have a vst-compatible host but you still won't buy these because he didn't support AU or RTAS?
Aw come oon man stop it.... it's a known FACT ... AU and RTAS have a more vintage tone.....tutt

heh
Old 13th January 2011
Gear Head

For all the Logic and AU freaks there is a solution, which works fine:

VSTAU Manager -FREE-:

This application creates wrappers for your VST plug-ins that will make them available as Audio Units in programs like Logic Pro and GarageBand.

vstau - Project Hosting on Google Code

Download: http://vstau.googlecode.com/files/VS...r-r117.app.zip
Old 13th January 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Unit View Post
That's not what I'm saying, I'm a Logic and Protools user. That's why AU and RTAS are important to me, but still, I think if you release a plugin in 2011 it should be available in all major formats. AU, VST, RTAS (At least)

Cheers!
Old 13th January 2011
Lives for gear

Looks cool, I want the binaural plugin.. Been wanting something like this for mac. No AU is definitely a bummer though. I've had a lot more problems with VST plugins than with AU's.
Old 13th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vank View Post
That's not what I'm saying, I'm a Logic and Protools user. That's why AU and RTAS are important to me, but still, I think if you release a plugin in 2011 it should be available in all major formats. AU, VST, RTAS (At least)

Cheers!
You could flip that and say that any DAW in 2011 should be able to support VST. But on topic.... the guy is a one man operation, he just ported these over from PC VST, and he is offering the ENTIRE BUNDLE for like 30 bucks. Why you feel the need to pop in here and declare that he's "lost your confidence" just because he doesn't support your preferred format is beyond me. Just ask him nicely to port them to AU and let him know that there's a market out there for it! Maybe he already has plans to add AU... ?
Old 22nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Just bought these

To me the De-esser alone is well worth the price of the package.

I also like the reverb alot, very easy to dial in
Old 23rd January 2011
Lives for gear

yeah the tape plug is great as well, not gritty ala nomad's magnetic; more smooth and round character.. total no brainer for the bundle
Old 12th February 2011
Lives for gear

bumping this up in case you guys missed it. seriously, the tape sim alone is SO worth the 20€!
It's very, very, VERY usefull and the new added input/output control make it perfect.

Hopefully he'll release them as AU for all you other guys
Old 12th February 2011
Lives for gear

it is funny to make mac version of plugins without AU which is the main plugin format on mac
Old 12th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
it is funny to make mac version of plugins without AU which is the main plugin format on mac

Well its far easier to port a Windows vst to Mac vst than do an Audiounit
Old 13th April 2011
Lives for gear

Software

AU-only-guys: Why not simply use this ?

It's free and works like a charm over here (Just wrapped some vst's to AU, just for the heck of it)

Here's (a) new plugin(s) by Jeroen Breebart aka Toneboosters:

(Tried making a new thread but didn't work somehow..)

Products

The EBU published its Loudness Recommendation EBU R128. It tells how broadcasters can measure and normalize audio using loudness meters instead of Peak Meters (PPMs) only, as is common practice nowadays. TB_EBULoudness calculates k-weighted momentary loudness (LM), short-term loudness (LS), integrated loudness (LI) and loudness range (LRA) compliant with the EBU specifications. Furthermore, true-peak levels (dBTP) are displayed as well. For more information on EBU loudness, please go here.
Besides compliance to loudness requirements, TB_EBULoudness is also a very useful tool to align the perceived loudness of different audio tracks (for example on an album). Differences in loudness (expressed as loudness units, or LU) can be directly translated into attenuation or gain expressed in dB to align the loudness of two or more tracks.Furthermore, the loudness range indicator can provide valuable information to verify the dynamic range of a track, and the potential need for dynamic range compression.
For more detailed information on loudness measurement, the use of loudness meters in a broadcast chain, and an explanation of the various loudness descriptors, EBU has published this very useful document.
Features

• 4 loudness descriptors available simutaneously
  • Compliant with EBU-R BS.1770, EBU-R-128, EBU Tech report 3341, and EBU Tech report 3342
  • EBU mode LUFS, EBU+9, EBU+18 and EBU+27 loudness scales
  • True-peak (dBTP) measurement including oversampling and DC compensation
  • Support of all sampling rates from 22kHz upwards
  • Single plugin for stereo and 5.1 loudness measurements
  • Based on the VST 2.4 specification to allow compatibility with virtually all host programs

Also Barricade wasn't mentioned here and I consider it an incredible limiter:

Just for clarification: I have nothing to do with him/them...just spreading the good news
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search