The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Tape Emulation - "Roundtone" Saturation Plugins
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMacCartney View Post
Arghhh..... Still waiting
me too!
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

Grabbed it! Thanks
Old 29th May 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMacCartney View Post
Arghhh..... Still waiting
mee too :(
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

Got mine. Will take her for a ride tonight.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Gearslutz App
Old 29th May 2012
Gear Addict
Still waiting for mine as well. Hopefully my mail issues dont pop up again. :p
Really curious on the new update... :D
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregerlindberg View Post
Still waiting for mine as well. Hopefully my mail issues dont pop up again. :p
Really curious on the new update... :D
We are the forgotten ones!!!
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

Still waiting on mine as well. A small part of me is thinking it would have been better to email the update to existing customers prior to putting it out on general sale as that has no doubt contributed to the backlog. Looking forward to giving it a spin when it finally arrives.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 29th May 2012
Quinto probably knows that we are the worthless musicians In the universe, we don't need it.
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

Anyone got the mac version yet? The wait is killing me!
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

anybody try the new ver. yet? I'm waiting for WIN7 64 vst, but I'm curious what the guys that tried it think about it.
Old 29th May 2012
it's great, haven't given all the new features a full play yet, looking forward to hearing what the "bright" mode sounds like on a master compared to the regular modes. the new tape delay/flange/noise/dolby modes all work great and enhance an already great plugin.

it's basically gone from a high quality bus effect to an outright "effect", and has just knocked kjaerhus audio's freeware "classic delay" off of the top of the pile after ten years of use, as my go to tape delay emulation.
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

cool, i was hoping that this would be good as a tape delay. I have been looking for a good tape delay plug.
Old 29th May 2012
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

Just got my Mac version. This was an excellent update and makes this a very versatile tool. Nice work, Quinto!

edit: would love to see a force-mono option like on GTS-39!
Old 29th May 2012
Finally got mine, twicethanks Quinto!
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

You just upgraded a good tool to a Great one. Thank you, Quinto!
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear
This is an awesome upgrade, and an amazing deal for anyone who doesn't have it yet. Hurry up and buy as many of the Sknote plugins before Quinto figures out how much more they are worth.....

Did I type that out loud...?
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

Finally got it! Great update. The new features are brill.

Although I'm slightly confused by wow and flange having a menu for only one mode.
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

Has anyone else noticed that the delay sync seems to be missing a "1/2" option? Mine skips from 1/3 to 1/1.
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

Looking forward to getting mine I'm a sucker for tape delays
Old 29th May 2012
Lives for gear

Couple of weird things going on with me here, It would be interesting to see if anyone else is experiencing these issues?

* When I load up existing projects that already contain instances of roundtone the delay is active on all of them. In my attempt to load the interfaces to turn the delay off it crashes my system. I'm on logic.

* I loaded up instances of roundtone on all my drum tracks, on my kick channel I selected 'tape machine A' and on all the other tracks I selected 'Linked to tape machine A'. However nothing seems to be linked. I'm assuming that the kick drum should be the master instance and changing any parameters within it should be globally changing in the others that are linked to that machine? This isn't happening for me.

* Two separate times when I loaded the instance onto the kick channel the delay continued to sound even though it wasn't turned on. I had to reload the plugin twice to get rid of it.

I'd be keen to hear if anyone (particularly anyone using logic) has tried the machine linking function and if it's working for you

Many thanks, Mark.
Old 30th May 2012
Lives for gear

Hi Mark,
just a quick tip, linked to A means that they share the bypass.
To keep parameters linked choose Machine A on both instances.
Probably a better naming is needed.
About the crash I need to make it happen here, I'll try after this wave of distribution

About the menus with just one voice: they mean that it will improve more and more...

About synchd delay 1/2: ooops!
Old 30th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
About the menus with just one voice: they mean that it will improve more and more...
Good to know.
Old 30th May 2012
waiting

The waiting is the hardest part!
Old 30th May 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by valjean24601 View Post
Couple of weird things going on with me here, It would be interesting to see if anyone else is experiencing these issues?

* When I load up existing projects that already contain instances of roundtone the delay is active on all of them. In my attempt to load the interfaces to turn the delay off it crashes my system. I'm on logic.

Many thanks, Mark.

Delay and all of the new bottom row effects (Wow, Flange, Noise etc.) were on when I opened my existing project in Logic too. And Logic crashed when I closed Roundtone and then clicked to make Roundtone interface appear again.
Old 30th May 2012
Lives for gear

waitinggggggggg
Old 30th May 2012
i think it's fair to assume that an upgrade from a v2 to a v3 will be pretty much incompatible with the previous version, right quint?
Old 30th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babaluma View Post
i think it's fair to assume that an upgrade from a v2 to a v3 will be pretty much incompatible with the previous version, right quint?
No no, it should be completely compatible! Checking...
Old 30th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quinto--any guess as to when the distribution will be complete? Have you done pc VST x64 yet?
Old 30th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
Quinto--any guess as to when the distribution will be complete? Have you done pc VST x64 yet?
PC is a single distribution (32 + 64).
Checking and sending some more now...

The distribution is automated, but the data (coming from Roundtone v.1!) needed organisation. We'll get it done soon.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search