The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Tape Emulation - "Roundtone" Saturation Plugins
Old 26th May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
Just email Quinto and request the 64bit versions. They are all working perfect for me (Win 7 64, cubase 6 64)
Here you are: [email protected]
All the best,

Graham
Thanks Graham!!!
Old 27th May 2011
Lives for gear

@jeremy.c.:
Didn't see the post, but now I got the email message, anyway
Old 1st June 2011
just bumping this up to say please let us know when the AU version is ready to go. Thanks!
Old 1st June 2011
Lives for gear

Yes, of course.
Setting up an optional newslist, too.
Old 2nd June 2011
Lives for gear

Yes, Roundtone is now available in Mac AU version, too!

(Presence and GTS-39 will be ready in one day or two, while Verbtone plate reverb and Necklace spring reverb will be released in the full range of formats, Win32 VST, Win64 VST, Mac VST universal, Mac AU, next week).
Old 2nd June 2011
Lives for gear

it still only says VST on the website. is there another link? also, is it 64bit AU?

thanks
Old 2nd June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcademyCurve View Post
it still only says VST on the website. is there another link? also, is it 64bit AU?
thanks
Updating the website. The link will remain a single one, just specify AU while requesting Roundtone. This is AU32, AU64 should be available in a few days.
Old 2nd June 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks, Q.
I'll pick it up then. Also, any word on wrapping in PT9. Earlier posts were reporting probs.

Mac OSX 10.6.7
PT9
L9

atb,
kjb
Old 2nd June 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcademyCurve View Post
Also, any word on wrapping in PT9. Earlier posts were reporting probs.

Mac OSX 10.6.7
PT9
L9

atb,
kjb
+1
thks Q.
Old 2nd June 2011
Lives for gear

This is the next step: wrapping to RTAS or building a RTAS version.
Old 2nd June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Yes, Roundtone is now available in Mac AU version, too!

(Presence and GTS-39 will be ready in one day or two, while Verbtone plate reverb and Necklace spring reverb will be released in the full range of formats, Win32 VST, Win64 VST, Mac VST universal, Mac AU, next week).
Great news Quinto - how do existing users get the AU version?

Regards,
K.
Old 2nd June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenton View Post
Great news Quinto - how do existing users get the AU version?

Regards,
K.
If you need AU version just send an email!
Old 2nd June 2011
Lives for gear
Quintosardo - Hello. Maybe you will be more responsive than the others who have created apparently good plugins, but can't tell me how hard it would be for me, a computer moron, to install a plugin on my Samplitude MS-15. I had a computer pro install OZONE4 into it, but it cost me a pretty penny.....is your plugin something I could add to my fx library in Samp? Please advise. Thanks.

Claudio
Old 2nd June 2011
Lives for gear

Hi Claudio,
yes, of course, you can load it in any available effect slot as a VST plugin.
It is as simple as putting the file in the right directory.
Old 2nd June 2011
Gear Head

Great AU-news heh

I'm on an old Mac G5 PPC running L9. Any support for that combo? I'd really like to buy but will it work?

Thanks

Salmiak
Old 2nd June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmiak View Post
Great AU-news heh

I'm on an old Mac G5 PPC running L9. Any support for that combo? I'd really like to buy but will it work?

Thanks

Salmiak
Well, it should work perfectly
Old 2nd June 2011
Gear Head

Old 2nd June 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude G. View Post
Quintosardo - Hello. Maybe you will be more responsive than the others who have created apparently good plugins, but can't tell me how hard it would be for me, a computer moron, to install a plugin on my Samplitude MS-15. I had a computer pro install OZONE4 into it, but it cost me a pretty penny.....is your plugin something I could add to my fx library in Samp? Please advise. Thanks.

Claudio
Wow....now THAT is service! Thanks much, I'll be getting this soon.
Old 2nd June 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
This is the next step: wrapping to RTAS or building a RTAS version.
Mac Rtas Wrapper: Awesome, can't wait...

(Mac Rtas: I'm not sure it will be possible since Rtas is not that open as a format, but who knows, maybe you coud even build an Audiosuite version for offline rendering)

Thks!
Old 2nd June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat38 View Post
Mac Rtas Wrapper: Awesome, can't wait...

(Mac Rtas: I'm not sure it will be possible since Rtas is not that open as a format, but who knows, maybe you coud even build an Audiosuite version for offline rendering)

Thks!
Now are working to make it compatible to VST-RTAS wrapper on Mac (the current 2.0.1 release works perfectly with the VST-RTAS wrapper on Win).
There are some LEGAL ways to compile it directly in RTAS format without support from Avid, we are checking those, too.
Old 2nd June 2011
I'm always apprehensive about getting a VST plug that's been ported to AU as many times in the past there were lots of bugs to be worked out but I just purchased Roundtone AU and installed and loaded into a Digital Performer session and it's working great! Thank you, Quintosardo! Now, please make AU for all your other plug-ins and you'll have another customer!!!
Old 2nd June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankymax View Post
I'm always apprehensive about getting a VST plug that's been ported to AU as many times in the past there were lots of bugs to be worked out but I just purchased Roundtone AU and installed and loaded into a Digital Performer session and it's working great! Thank you, Quintosardo! Now, please make AU for all your other plug-ins and you'll have another customer!!!
Thanks!

We are solving some installation issues but the audio processing seems to be working great. Not bad for the very first AU.

Presence, GTS-39, Verbtone and Necklace should be ready tomorrow.
Old 3rd June 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Hi Claudio,
yes, of course, you can load it in any available effect slot as a VST plugin.
It is as simple as putting the file in the right directory.

Quinto - I just ordered mine for Windows (Vista 7). Noticed you are in my country! I was born in Rome and lived there as a child....tanti saluti a i miei fratelli Italiani!!!!! eh, minchia...! Mia mama era Siciliana.....
Old 3rd June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude G. View Post
Quinto - I just ordered mine for Windows (Vista 7). Noticed you are in my country! I was born in Rome and lived there as a child....tanti saluti a i miei fratelli Italiani!!!!! eh, minchia...! Mia mama era Siciliana.....
Ciao compare!
We are a bit on the south side... Sicily!
Old 3rd June 2011
Gear Addict

I had had Valhalla Room on my list until this came out. How would these compare? Also, which one would do you think would do a delicate reverb that sits well in the track?
Old 3rd June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmuse View Post
I had had Valhalla Room on my list until this came out. How would these compare? Also, which one would do you think would do a delicate reverb that sits well in the track?
Even though I didn't check ValhallaRoom, I follow the development and the demos because I love Sean's writing and work.
I imagine VR as a very hi-level allround reverb with a great level of control on parameters. It is in the same league, so to speak, of Lexi, being based on traditional feedback networks.

Verbtone and Necklace, on the other side, are very very unique, because they use different principles. Verbtone can be incredibly transparent, Necklace can be from spacious to twangy to experimental (but NOT allround).

To make it short, I'd get VR if it is my first "serious" reverb, these if I already have a good reverb. Then, as soon as possible, I'd get the other one, ah ah!

I hope it is fair enough

*******EDIT
Oops, now I see the confusion. This is a thread about Roundtone tape machine, but I got you were writing about Verbtone and Necklace reverbs, of course.
Old 3rd June 2011
Gear Addict

Thank you for the reply, and so sorry I posted in the wrong thread. I was reading both and thought I was posting in Verbtone. My error.

Carry on...
Old 3rd June 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:

AU. Presence, GTS-39, Verbtone and Necklace should be ready tomorrow.
Beautiful, gracie Quinto!

Now, just to make sure I can buy these too in mac/vst : will your mac vst wrapper ongoing fix (for roundtone) be also applied to all other Sknote plugs for the mac/PT crowds ?

EDit: Unless you intend to build Rtas versions for them too ..
Old 3rd June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat38 View Post
Beautiful, gracie Quinto!

Now, just to make sure I can buy these too in mac/vst : will your mac vst wrapper ongoing fix (for roundtone) be also applied to all other Sknote plugs for the mac/PT crowds?
Yes, of course, but it will require a bit. It is the current step in the pipeline
Old 3rd June 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yes, of course, but it will require a bit. It is the current step in the pipeline
Very cool thks!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search