The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Tape Emulation - "Roundtone" Saturation Plugins
Old 7th February 2011
  #391
Administrator
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark D. View Post
Are you considering releasing some more presets with this, or perhaps a user database on your site they can be uploaded to?
+1 Really great idea!

Graham
Old 7th February 2011
  #392
Gear Head
 

That's just perfect Quinto, you have thinked about every little aspect !!

That's very nice ! thanks for all
Old 7th February 2011
  #393
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

The idea is releasing sets for download. Each set includes:

- (multitrack) audio pre
- a short video tutorial
- presets
- audio post
- (Cubase project)

The Tape is a whole system, now, so this concept should help startup.
The last voice is a bit tricky, because a project is linked to a specific host, so needs to be defined.

Should be funny and useful.
Old 7th February 2011
  #394
Gear Addict
 
Home Studio 87's Avatar
 

just recieve mine thanks
when do you think we can have a x64 version of the plug ?
Old 7th February 2011
  #395
Administrator
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Studio 87 View Post
when do you think we can have a x64 version of the plug ?
I'm curious too.

Graham
Old 7th February 2011
  #396
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

This v.2 shifted the whole schedule one month forward... it was an important improvement, though...
I think after this release we'll be able to update the timing.
Generally speaking: VST Mac, then 64bit
Old 7th February 2011
  #397
Administrator
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
This v.2 shifted the whole schedule one month forward... it was an important improvement, though...
I think after this release we'll be able to update the timing.
Generally speaking: VST Mac, then 64bit
Ok cool Quinto, thanks for the info!
AAh that rhymed.heh

Graham
Old 8th February 2011
  #398
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

Beta testing v.2...
Old 9th February 2011
  #399
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

New multitrack, oversampling v.2 complete.
Looking for some details, some more real-world testing and it will be distributed
Old 9th February 2011
  #400
BVB
Gear Maniac
 

Great !

Thank you.

Paul
Old 10th February 2011
  #401
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

These are the following steps:

- the new v.2 should be available next saturday 12 feb. This new version will be sent with new licenses.
- the introductory offer will last up to the release of v.2
- the new v.2 will be sent by email to every existing user (for free)

After that:

- Roundtone v.2 19.99$ (or 9.99$ until saturday)
- Presence 19.99$ (or 9.99$ during "introductory" offer)
- Roundtone + Presence Bundle 29.99$ (after the "introductory" offer time)

We need some rest and to go back to music (on tape)
Old 10th February 2011
  #402
Administrator
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 

Damn Quinto, you really have been working overtime on these.
I have to say you are been more than generous with your pricing.
I really hope you sell bucket loads of licences to cover the amount of time you are putting in to your products.

Graham

P.s looking forward to getting "Presence"
Old 10th February 2011
  #403
Gear Nut
 
slickshoe62's Avatar
 

Will mac users have an introductory offer for roundtone and presence as well?
Old 10th February 2011
  #404
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
Damn Quinto, you really have been working overtime on these.
Yes, this new v.2 wasn't planned, but it come out as a too interesting improvement to delay it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
I have to say you are been more than generous with your pricing.
I really hope you sell bucket loads of licences to cover the amount of time you are putting in to your products.
"Let's kill piracy" could be a nice marketing slogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
Graham
P.s looking forward to getting "Presence"
It is alive and singing
Just a very small bit of time to end checking it...
Old 10th February 2011
  #405
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoe62 View Post
Will mac users have an introductory offer for roundtone and presence as well?
Yes
Old 10th February 2011
  #406
Lives for gear
 
bryan k's Avatar
only $20 for ROUNDTONE???

Should be much more than that. I would buy this for $99.99.......
Old 10th February 2011
  #407
Lives for gear
 
BlackBackDrop's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan k View Post
only $20 for ROUNDTONE???

Should be much more than that. I would buy this for $99.99.......
I will sell you my copy for $69.99 if it makes you feel any better? LOL

But your right... but saying that if he sells 100,000 copies for $10 he is a rich man...
Old 10th February 2011
  #408
Lives for gear
 

Thanks Quinto, looking forward to trying the new version!
Old 10th February 2011
  #409
Lives for gear
 
bryan k's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBackDrop View Post
I will sell you my copy for $69.99 if it makes you feel any better? LOL

But your right... but saying that if he sells 100,000 copies for $10 he is a rich man...
Thanks for the offer, .......but i already bought mine at the LOW LOW PRICE of $9.99!!! WOOT!
Old 10th February 2011
  #410
Gear Addict
 

Bought this on a whim... I like the price and there sure are a lot of folks digging this right now. Hope the plug lives up to the hype. I guess I'm waiting for a license now...
Old 10th February 2011
  #411
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

Yes, a new set of licenses will be sent in a few minutes
Old 11th February 2011
  #412
Lives for gear
 
miro's Avatar
 

Can't find anything that gives me an answer, so I'll just ask: How far is the mac version away? Will it be with the V2 version on feb. 12th?
Old 11th February 2011
  #413
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

On feb 12th will be the win v.2, then Mac porting will start. Could need a pair of weeks.
Old 11th February 2011
  #414
Lives for gear
 

Great news! So is it safe to assume I just sit back and wait for the new version to appear in my email? What part of the world are you in, given "Saturday" for you will not be Saturday for me. Thanks.
Old 11th February 2011
  #415
Lives for gear
 
bitman's Avatar
Italy

I think.
Old 11th February 2011
  #416
Lives for gear
 

How can I soften (round off) plucks on acoustic fingerpicking guitars with Roundtone? How would one set “speed”, “action” and “emphasis” for this task?... and what would be the best algo?
Thanks
Old 11th February 2011
  #417
Lives for gear
 
e-are's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyTheAvatar View Post
Bought this on a whim... I like the price and there sure are a lot of folks digging this right now. Hope the plug lives up to the hype. I guess I'm waiting for a license now...
If it doesn't, your hearing is shot.
Old 11th February 2011
  #418
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodittydada View Post
Great news! So is it safe to assume I just sit back and wait for the new version to appear in my email? What part of the world are you in, given "Saturday" for you will not be Saturday for me. Thanks.
Extreme southern Italy:



Yes, just sit back. Don't expect the email on saturday (Rome time), anyway, mailing will require a bit of effort.
Old 11th February 2011
  #419
Lives for gear
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast View Post
How can I soften (round off) plucks on acoustic fingerpicking guitars with Roundtone? How would one set “speed”, “action” and “emphasis” for this task?... and what would be the best algo?
Thanks
I'd try this:

- 30ips hard comp algo
- high input
- speed 90%-100%
- action 50%
- emphasis 100%
- compensate output with volume
- get back some highs (if missing) with some eq POST Roundtone

The Hi-Q oversampling mode from the new version will improve this quite a lot.
The overload indicator will help looking for the max allowed input level (and max compression).
The new "dirty" modes will be a nice try to get some more harmonics, too
Old 11th February 2011
  #420
Gear Maniac
 
marcpl's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
After that:

- Roundtone v.2 19.99$ (or 9.99$ until saturday)
- Presence 19.99$ (or 9.99$ during "introductory" offer)
- Roundtone + Presence Bundle 29.99$ (after the "introductory" offer time)

We need some rest and to go back to music (on tape)
hi, i want to buy roundtone and presence for $9.99 each, like your post says, but when i go to the website and try to buy roundtone the price is $19.99.

am i missing something or did i misunderstand?

thanks,
marco
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
LonDonsen / Product Alerts older than 2 months
11
sage691 / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
3
Curve Dominant / Music Computers
83

Forum Jump
Forum Jump