The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
xoxos releases w Metering & Analysis Plugins
Old 27th December 2010
Here for the gear

xoxos releases w

http://www.xoxos.net/vst/DEMOw.zip

i dunno if it's worth writing anything about it, it seems like the same names float to the top in this forum. well, here's another synth if you're looking for one
Old 27th December 2010
DSK
Lives for gear

No man don't worry this forum is just shy of new posters, new companies that don't endorse well known artists producers etc, or that don't emulate well known classics that have "fac simile" vintage style graphics and/or don't have an industry history etc.

But that doesn't mean it's not interested in new stuff from lesser know people.

I like for example your fx bundle. It has a sound of it's own.
You just need to post more and be more communicative. Talk about your plugins. If people will get to know you better they'll become more interested in your work.

Anyway to get you on the right foot around here I'll just post some interesting stuff from your manual of the "W"

"This VST was inspired by James Moorer's 1974 paper on Discrete Summation Formulae. The equation discussed inthe paper is familiar to us as 1 carrier , 1 modulator FM synthesis. The appeal of DSF synthesis is the avoidance of artifacts produced by some other forms of bandlimited synthesis.

Looking at this equation I noticed two simple ways of adding feedback, and doing this I discovered that the circuit produced timbres known to me from a Yamaha home keyboard I used to own a long time ago. The synthesis section had three sliders - modulation, modulator ratio and feedback, and each had five possible positions.

Now, this synthesis method was available to me at 64 bit resolution. Using doubles doubled the cpu load (a small 'w', or greek lower case omega, is
also used to denote angular frequency). Combining this high fidelity oscillator with the well known Stilson and Smith Moog Ladder Filter gave me a new toy to play with. "

Now having the word Moog in this quote helps also.

Welcome aboard. Take breaks from coding my well intended fellow human and invest in some PR. Your plugins are worth the attention!

P.S. I'm still struggleing with Syng2 to make it speak but digging the overall sound of it and can't wait to make it happen..

Also liked your song Payola heh
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear
Thanks for positing, xoxos. Will check it out. Happy Holidays.
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

I will say this: I have followed your work admiringly from afar for a long time. I have been really impressed with some of the more "out there"/imaginative/daring things you've done (the bird and animal modeling stuff, for example!), but I find it dismaying that, as a Mac user, I don't have access to your tools.

So, for now, I'm on the outside looking in.

- c
Old 28th December 2010
Here for the gear

:O posts!

p.r. is ~antithesis.. image control/perception management seems to permeate the music industry. apparently computer music magazine are going to run an article on fauna sometime soon though

the goal of this vst is to give me a high fidelity oscillator to play with. i've been off development and investing my time in learning more, which includes migrating from the synthedit sdk. i don't know how long and when, this does remove one of the barriers between my work and apple.

afa p.r. goes.. here are some screenshots of voxengo SPAN

the sine from w is in blue, the red is synthedit's native sine, which uses a bandlimited table, which will produce the same noise spectrum regardless of who implements it.. both methods are valid, the interpolated table is computationally inexpensive and the noise is below -80dB.. this illustrates the benefit of the DSF method it also uses about 4x the cpu (method and floats vs. doubles). knowing this makes selection of the algorithm appropriate for the application..

this illustrates sawtooths using both methods. i explain this more in depth in the kvr thread eg. the partials are ~6dB lower with w's discrete summation formula. they can be raised to match the table at the expense of some aliasing.

as said elsewhere, pristine quality isn't everything. being aware of options sort of is though, in a way

thanks for posting the blurb, DSK
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search