The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
REDD - Hybrid Synth Desktop Synthesizers
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Addict

REDD - Hybrid Synth

UPDATE STATUS: Released

audio demos, library demo and description here:

http://www.soulviasound.com/redd/

Soon in store:

3 Layers
3 OSC /Layer
Analog OSC source recorded from moog, doepfer, ms20, oberheim
Virtual analog OSC source recorded from Access Virus B
separated filters for every OSC (9 filters)
4 modulators (modweel, velocity, LFO, ADSR)
voice control
Arpeggiator for master instrument,
Sequence Delay for master instrument
! Bricasti M7 IRs as reverb ( MR. CASEY WAS VERY KIND TO AUTHORIZE BRICASTI IR's BECAUSE THIS PROJECT IT'S NOT A REVERB UNIT, IT'S A SYNTH PROJECT and all Bricasti IR's will be free in the Demo version) - send level for every layer + reverb param control in master section
Steps Delay - send level for every layer + delay param control in master section
Chorus - send level for every layer + chorus param control in master section

Here it is a print screen:

Will be released for Kontakt 4 and MASCHINE

MASCHINE version will have different structure but same sources.

Price will be 49 eur for Kontakt version and 24 eur for MASCHINE

EDIT: Someone ask me to hear it. In this moment it have implemented just 3 OSC source for scripting test, so the real flavor osc it's not here yet but it's a good idea to have a preview for it.

I use REDD for Kontakt and Anamorphic for MASCHINE in Ableton. Just a limiter on master bus and no other processing. You can download here (save as..) All you hear (synth) it's just one nki
Attached Thumbnails
REDD - Hybrid Synth-redd.jpg  
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

description and price sound great. like the concept a lot. will buy it for sure. thumbsup
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Addict

REDD - Hybrid Synth

Looks interesting. Can't wait to hear some sounds. Have any demo's ready?
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

I assume you got permission from Casey et. al to us the Bricasti IR's? I seem to recall one of the conditions of him allowing Bricasti IR's is that it won't be used in any commercial project.
rsp
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Addict

@Trailmix I will be back with some audio previews.

@zvenx I search for this kind of restrictions and I didn't find. I will get in touch with Casey. If it's not possible I will rent a Lexicon or other nice reverbs unit. Thank's for infos.
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

nice.
looking forward to hearing it and good luck.
rsp
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Addict

I update the first post with a link to a preview demo.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

REDD - Hybrid Synth

Good stuff. Looking forward to it. Did you multi-sample the top end? I hate when people sample synths but don't take the time to make sure the top two octaves loops playback way too fast and out of time.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

Thank's

Yes, I record every note separately for all notes, no pitch at all. The main issue at virtual synth are low and high ends and that's why I sampled everything.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

REDD - Hybrid Synth

Bravo!
Very excited.

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Old 28th December 2010
OMU
Lives for gear

Interesting. Looking at the picture I find the knobs don't display the actual position which is confusing when you want to see their values.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
Interesting. Looking at the picture I find the knobs don't display the actual position which is confusing when you want to see their values.
Yes,

A good observation. I will give an explanation in manual and product description for this. It's my choice, it's not a mistake.

The explanation:

People are common to tune sound with eyes. I think they should use ears much more. Why you should know that OSC 1 from layer A have - 2 dB FS value ?
That's why I choose to not display values. It's just another way to say "Use your ears Luke, use your ears ... "

Anyway, a nice advantage is the Kontakt "right click on knob - "lear midi CC# automation" option. Most of the virtual synth don't have this option.
In just one step you can assign a controller knob to your OSC 1 C cutoff for example.
Old 28th December 2010
How do you use it within Maschine?
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

In Maschine every source (sine, saw, square, pulse, etc) can be load in one of the 16 pads. Let's say you have 6 source loaded on 1,2,3,4,5,6 pad. You can trigger all in the same time on MIDI channel 1. The next source loaded on 7,8,9,10 can be triggered all in the same time on MIDI channel 2. You can easy change MIDI channel from your MIDI controller, or you can split the keyboard to send octave 1 and 2 to MIDI channel 1 and octave 3,4,5 on MIDI channel 2

Anyway you'll find about 50 Groups "prepared" and more than 200 source presets that can be combined by user. I would make a video to show that actually it's simple and nice to build your instrument from 200 source presets (different modulations, filters, FX, envelopes).

I think the final Maschine pack will have more than 1.5 GB (Kontakt version the same)

Course you can also use Kontakt version as VSTi in Maschine (VSTi implementation for Maschine is out only in Beta right now) but some user will prefer to save their CPU and play with the Maschine engine parameters.

And it's much cheaper than Kontakt version because my workload is lesser (for Kontakt I had to work for GUI, KSP).
Old 4th March 2011
Gear Addict

It's out for Kontakt version.

Audio demos and library demo here:

REDD - Hybrid Synthesizer
Old 5th March 2011
Gear Addict

Just downloaded the demo.

Nice work!

Looking forward to see how these sounds sit in the mix.

Old 6th March 2011
Gear Addict

Quick question. Does the full version have any patches or presets with any juicy stuff happening on the mod wheel?

Old 6th March 2011
Lives for gear

is anyone else having issues listening to the demos.. ?

maybe my connection is too slow.?

or the hosting is dowloading the produc AND showing the demos and its slowing things down.

maybe a soundcloud option?
Old 6th March 2011
Gear Addict

Worked fine on my desktop. iPhone no good

Old 6th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulviasound View Post
Yes,

A good observation. I will give an explanation in manual and product description for this. It's my choice, it's not a mistake.

The explanation:

People are common to tune sound with eyes. I think they should use ears much more. Why you should know that OSC 1 from layer A have - 2 dB FS value ?
That's why I choose to not display values. It's just another way to say "Use your ears Luke, use your ears ... "
What :???even the vintage synths you may have sampled have parameter values of some sort on them .. the old condascending "people should use their ears" doesn't sit too well; I don't want to be an arse but we live in the 21st century and from looking at your gui it looks half finished without some sort of indication as to what your doing. Unless you are for some technical reason unable to visually tie parameter values to those knobs with your design I cannot understand why you wouldn't want to add it...
Old 7th March 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailmix View Post
Quick question. Does the full version have any patches or presets with any juicy stuff happening on the mod wheel?

Juicy can be objective . They are some, try them.

Sorry @genieg, you can like it or not but this I want to create. What technical problem do you think ? A simple draw in Photoshop ? It's just about half an hour to re-dedign the GUI, but as I told you. It's my concept. If it was a tech problem, I couldn't add parameters anywhere, right ? BTW Did you ever tried to mix with closed eyes ?

@gsilbers I really test the player on all the major browsers: safari, firefox, chrome, opera and IE. What OS an browser do you use ?
Regarding hosting, it's hosted in US (Chicago). Here in Berlin I download demos with 200-300Kpbs/sec. The full versions are hosted on some clouds and I download with 1 MB/sec here in Berlin. in weekend the server traffic was unexpected, probably was slow (sorry for that.) I'll add here some soundcloud streams.

The players are Flash with AS2, doesn't work on iPhone. Next time, I'll choose a Java solution.

Next days I'll release an update:

- Performance improvement
- New presets
- IR's improvement
- Master Filter and Master LFO

Thank you
Old 7th March 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Yes,

The explanation:

Absolutely, and TBH why even label the OSC 1 knob or the Filters? Even more, why bother with knobs - users should just randomly drag the mouse on a blank GUI and USE THEIR EARS.
Old 7th March 2011
Gear Addict

Sure, we can go farther: why bother with GUI, why bother with the entire synthesizer: Yoda style - control.

You can say thank you as I didn't said: "Use your mind Luke"

Seriously, you are free to dislike this product, is your right and I'm fine with that.
Old 7th March 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Juicy can be objective . They are some, try them.

Sorry @genieg, you can like it or not but this I want to create. What technical problem do you think ? A simple draw in Photoshop ? It's just about half an hour to re-dedign the GUI, but as I told you. It's my concept. If it was a tech problem, I couldn't add parameters anywhere, right ? BTW Did you ever tried to mix with closed eyes ?
I understand the graphic redraw part not taking long to redo.. its the redraw then corralating with the parameter so that the knob represents the "exact" value of that parameter that I was thinking you might have a problem with.

My issue is this there is absolutely no reference point to what you are doing and I know I would end up getting lost, I love Kontakt its one of my main instruments so I am fairly competent with it but even so I would find your gui difficult keep track of.

Regarding mixing with my eyes closed..I'm going to be honest and have to say I am really not that precious, I want to be able to enjoy what I am doing sure but wether that's with my ears or eyes I don't care as long as I get the job done and at the moment REDD would make that process more complicated.

At the end of the day its your baby and I respect that, like every one else here I am just a potential customer.
Old 7th March 2011
Gear Addict

@genieg I'm also respect your point of view.

I just tell you, it's not a tech problem, there are 8 knobs that are display the exact value (in the Modulation Page and Arpeggiator page), so it's not a tech problem, actually it's quite easy.

I made 92 presets and I felt very good programing presets without numbers or absolutely no reference.
Old 8th March 2011
Lives for gear

Fair enough to me it doesn't make sense to be imposing ideals on a commercial product, particularly when what you have sampled doesn't share them....but your call I guess ..good luck

By the way when offered advice or even criticism try use it constructively rather than "if you don't like it then don't buy it " maybe people are very interested but can see further potential..no point running a business with your eyes closed
Old 8th March 2011
Gear Addict

At least I'm honest and not wearing masks. I could choose not to answer or to be false. You probably feel better when you're ignored or lied.

"Thank you genieg for your criticize(), we'll try to be better for you ("yeah right, we just want to take your money") and we'll think about that("sure" tutt), for the next products. I'm really sorry for this inconvenience." Do you think it's the right way to do business ?

I just don't plan to thank everyone. That does not mean I do not accept criticize or I don't notice mistakes, but I'm free to choose what I think it's mistake.
Old 8th March 2011
Gear Addict

Hey,
I want send some positive vibes! I love the GUI, very cool! The demo sounds are phat and play well across the keyboard. (no short loops on the top end). I am also digging the Jedi use your ear mantra. Keep up the good work!

Old 9th March 2011
Lives for gear

hope someone already mentioned the terrible grammar on the website.

not that mine isnt it much better

but cool product. more demos or a video demo?
Old 9th March 2011
Gear Addict

@Trailmix Thank you for taking your time to transmit nice vibe. Matter.

@gsilbers Now, this is a pertinent criticism. I'm ashamed for this and right now I'm start looking for a professional copywriter (native speaker) to do this job.

I'll coming up with video demo and a new audio demos.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search