The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Introducing Airwindows Floor (AU) Dynamics Plugins
Old 25th December 2010
Airwindows

Introducing Airwindows Floor (AU)

So here's a new must-have plugin for bass or kickdrum- Airwindows Floor!

The way it works is, the Floor control sets a 'frequency floor' below which frequencies don't go. It'll cut out the subsonics, but uses special processing to synthesize harmonics to fill in the gap. So far not that different from 'mega bass' plugins that have been around for ages- but wait, there's more!

The Drive control adds Airwindows saturation and emphasis to the resulting signal, antialiased to produce a really powerful, articulate signal- and then, the dry/wet control lets you blend the raw signal (with its unconstrained low end) with the processed one (with the controlled lows).

I'd been using Density for just this for a long time, and just decided it might be interesting to use the mega-bass routine instead of the simple highpass Density had- and created a monster. This can be used to bring up mids or treble on basses in a very useful way, or just use it to tighten the extreme lows without changing the sound. It beats Density handily at doing that, and Density was already a secret weapon of mine. If you do that Charles Dye 'MiLaR' thing and need to throw midrange overdrive on basses to get them to drive the mix and sit with heavy guitars, this is your plugin, in a big way.

Always assuming you're OK with running Audio Units, but then when the thread has AU in the title, hopefully the idea gets across

Floor is one of the more simple, useful plugins I've ever done. It is $00.00 Merry Xmas from Airwindows!

http://www.jinxtigr.com/f/Floor.dmg
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Cool! Thanks!

- c
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Nut

Thank you very much!
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Very nice gesture. Thank you, and Merry Christmas.
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Addict

Thanks Chris!!!!!
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks and merry Xmas to you Chris!
Old 25th December 2010
thanks Chris and Merry Christmas!
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks Chris!

- Hugo
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Merry Christmas Chris. It's very generous of you to share the fruits of your labor and I truly appreciate it. Can't wait to try it out when I get back in the "studio" ...
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks, Chris--can't wait to try it! Merry Xmas
Old 25th December 2010
Here for the gear

Thanks for the freebie. Wishing you all the best for 2011.
Old 25th December 2010
Gear Addict

This plug rocks !!

also to clean up muddy e-guitars or to have a more focused bass on e-piano - of course really great on kick and bass

- definitely looking more into airwindows in the future, was not so familiar with company

Thanks and merry Christmas
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Chris, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you very much. Airwindows plugins are among the best out there! Still very much in love with NC-17.

Merry X-MAS!
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks. I use channel 2 on every song I record. Pretty cool plugs
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Woohoo!

Have a cool yule Chris... can't wait to give this a field test!

Thanx..

Zz.
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Sweet! I love free.
Old 25th December 2010
ska
Gear Nut

Thanks Chris, love your plugs
Merry Christmas!
Old 25th December 2010
leg
Here for the gear

Introducing Airwindows Floor (AU)

Thanks Chris, just the plug-in I needed right now!! Really, thanks and merry Christmas. Would it make sense to use it with Basskit, how are they different? (sorry for asking, but I don't have my computer with me to try it now)
Best,
Luis
Old 25th December 2010
Thumbs up

Thanks Chris
Old 26th December 2010
Airwindows

Quote:
Originally Posted by leg View Post
Thanks Chris, just the plug-in I needed right now!! Really, thanks and merry Christmas. Would it make sense to use it with Basskit, how are they different? (sorry for asking, but I don't have my computer with me to try it now)
Best,
Luis
BassKit does a lot more- it generates a 'fattened' bass tone, along with a sub-octave if you want it, and lets you filter that with an unusual filter that's super heavy tonally, and blend it in with the dry signal.

It then has a very similar 'floor' control, but it doesn't have the harmonic boost, or the wet/dry on the floor: its wet/dry is between input, and the fattened bass signal, and the whole thing hits the 'floor' control.

Floor lets you add saturation and boost to the 'controlled' part, and blend it with untouched raw signal, so they end up being quite different in what they can do

Thanks, guys, I am so happy you like it.
Old 26th December 2010
Deadly news - thanks Chris!

Density is used a lot on my mixes, so I'm sure this will be as well.

Merry Christmas - hope it's a good one for you.

thumbsup
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Head

Thanks for this, I'm already a big fan of Density (considered it something of a secret weapon myself) and can't wait to try this one out.

Just thought I'd add (having read some recent threads involving you) that I'm a big fan of your approach (GUI-less, no-frills, & lots of GOOD free stuff ) Makes me use my ears, not my eyes. That's what I need to be doing.
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear
I tried this on kick. This is a very cool idea. These are exactly the parameters I find myself dealing with on kick all the time: saturation (drive) and high pass filter. I think everyone on AU should try this. It worked very nicely and VERY quickly on a problem kick that wasn't sitting in the song correctly.

Chris, this is one of the most interesting and useful concepts you've come up with. And I really appreciate the fact that you're providing it for free. I'm looking forward to trying it on bass. I guess I'll post on that later, but first impression on kick is very positive.
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Head

Thanks!
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Maniac

hi cj,
merry xmas.
thanks 4 this.
j.
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks!
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Thanks and merry xmas.
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

it says Floor.COMPONENT

How to install this ?
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googlyman View Post
it says Floor.COMPONENT

How to install this ?
Put it here:

Library>Audio>Plug-ins>Components
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

HD/library/audio/plugins/components
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search