The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Introducing Airwindows Floor (AU) Dynamics Plugins
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

Smile

Thanx tried it on a mix yesternight on a kick sound from RMX
it added a nice edge to the sound.

The mixed turned out great.

best wishes
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Nut

Intended behaviour?

I really like this one.

But if I set the dry-wet control somewhere in the middle the bass almost disappears (like some kind of phase cancellation).
Totally dry or totally wet sounds good.

Is this the intended behaviour?
Old 28th December 2010
Airwindows

You're right- that's weird- though bear in mind it's SUPPOSED to make the bass disappear I'd describe it more that some of the bass comes back when 'wet' is turned up really high. You must have 'floor' cranked way up, too, which isn't necessarily the way.

I checked, and turning 'Floor' down to zero made everything fullrange again, even with wet/dry at 50%. Odd that it's doing this. Is anybody having an actual problem with the behavior, or is it more of 'errata'? I could try to fix it, it's clearly yet another thing being interactive with the antialiasing technique. I'd hate to change the mixes people are already doing, though. (including me!)
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
You're right- that's weird- though bear in mind it's SUPPOSED to make the bass disappear I'd describe it more that some of the bass comes back when 'wet' is turned up really high. You must have 'floor' cranked way up, too, which isn't necessarily the way.

I checked, and turning 'Floor' down to zero made everything fullrange again, even with wet/dry at 50%. Odd that it's doing this. Is anybody having an actual problem with the behavior, or is it more of 'errata'? I could try to fix it, it's clearly yet another thing being interactive with the antialiasing technique. I'd hate to change the mixes people are already doing, though. (including me!)
Yupp I got the cancellation effect also.

Density did some really nice stuff on some channels on a track that I made yesternight, thanx . thumbsup
Old 29th December 2010
Airwindows

Well, how high is Floor set? That's supposed to totally kill the bass at anything like high settings. Is there an expectation that there should be bass at most settings, which would mean I just made the control more sensitive than people expect?
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Head

I used some of the free plugins on my last mix and I just love them! Not just the functions or simplicity, but also the fact that there is no fancy GUI. I have found myself staring at cool looking plugins instead of listening too many times.
Thank you for those! I will check the demos of your "real" plug ins, and I will probably end up spending too much money. Again.

One thing though, I really miss an "over easy" function. Sometimes you get fooled that it just sound louder, which can be pretty annoying haha

Anyways, great plug ins!
Old 31st December 2010
leg
Here for the gear

Introducing Airwindows Floor (AU)

I have been working on these rock mixes for the last couple of weeks and the only element I was not quite happy about was how the bass was sitting on the mixes. This plug came to the rescue just at the right moment! Great for taming unruly bass and kick tracks, even used it on some guitars. The drive level helps bring out an extra edge while floor takes care of some overwhelming bass freq. I am setting the level to full wet. While u can achieve all of this with a combination of eqs, high pass filter and maybe some tape simulation, it is great to be able to do it all in one single plug-in. Thanks again man!! And happy new year
Old 1st January 2011
Airwindows

Bear in mind the Floor control isn't exactly a highpass filter- if it was it would resemble Density more. Floor is one of those fake-bass things, like what's in BassKit (which can synthesize a sub-harmonic for it to work on). It does stuff to try to blur the line between what's left and what was removed, which is why it's proving useful to people
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

thanks for this, happy new year
Old 2nd January 2011
leg
Here for the gear

Introducing Airwindows Floor (AU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj
Bear in mind the Floor control isn't exactly a highpass filter- if it was it would resemble Density more. Floor is one of those fake-bass things, like what's in BassKit (which can synthesize a sub-harmonic for it to work on).
Got that. I bought Basskit and have been using it a lot, and I can tell the differences between the two, but for what I am doing now, (which is to keep the bass guitar sounding like a real bass guitar, while controlling it's bottom end) I find Floor doing exactly what I need. It is more "organic" sounding than Basskit, but again, both plugs have different purposes.
I think the best setting is to have it full wet or around 30%, and then play with the floor level to your liking. That way it seems to preserve more of the full body of the bass sound.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search