The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Psp n2o Dynamics Plugins
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Psp n2o

The succsessor to Nitro is out. Anyone used it yet? I really liked Nitro before it got too buggy.

PSP N2O semi-modular multi-effect plug-in which offers unparalleled flexibility and total sound creation freedom!
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

My question is, do Nitro owners get a discount on the new version of the plug or will they just stop supporting Nitro?

I really like Nitro, I hope they offer existing users an affordable way forward.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniteposse View Post
My question is, do Nitro owners get a discount on the new version of the plug or will they just stop supporting Nitro?

I really like Nitro, I hope they offer existing users an affordable way forward.
I got an email about getting a discount if you have nitro and it says $69 till a certain date.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushton View Post
I got an email about getting a discount if you have nitro and it says $69 till a certain date.
Excellent
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

I'm interested in knowing people's thoughts.. just got an email on this my self

One thing I will say is that I didn't like Nitro's interface.. it seems so dated.. though not without it's virtues
Old 24th December 2010
TRW
Lives for gear

Looks great. Almost everything added that I wished for...

I need to demo it as I hope the algos are all delay compensated for parallel processing and not just the wet and dry paths...

-T
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

I've been trying it. It's pretty much the same thing with a bigger but similar interface: three windows across, instead of one, with the knobs below the windows. It also has more modules, etc.

So far, I like it, but it is really just an evolution of Nitro. If they were keeping Nitro, I'd probably just stay there. So, I may or may not upgrade. I have Nitro, squad, mastercomp and oldtimer.

I'm really glad they didn't charge for the mastercomp/microcomp or squad upgrades. That makes me feel a little better about maybe going for N2O. I'll know more with additional demo play.
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
I've been trying it. It's pretty much the same thing with a bigger but similar interface: three windows across, instead of one, with the knobs below the windows. It also has more modules, etc.

So far, I like it, but it is really just an evolution of Nitro. If they were keeping Nitro, I'd probably just stay there. So, I may or may not upgrade. I have Nitro, squad, mastercomp and oldtimer.

I'm really glad they didn't charge for the mastercomp/microcomp or squad upgrades. That makes me feel a little better about maybe going for N2O. I'll know more with additional demo play.
You should demo the Vintage Warmer, personally i think its their best plug.
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Head

Nitro has always been monster-luscious, but it has also always seemed a bit buggy. Downloading N20 immediately
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

This thing is awesome!
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Avoid the videos, you might miss xmas stuck in a deep deep sleep!
Old 24th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackback Drop View Post
Avoid the videos, you might miss xmas stuck in a deep deep sleep!
Agree
Old 25th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushton View Post
You should demo the Vintage Warmer, personally i think its their best plug.
Thanks, I have and I like it.

I guess that would be the one I'd add next, if I were to get any more, aside from upgrades and the like.
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear
Absolutely love nitro. Its done great things for me over the years especially since its one of those rare plugs with some pretty damn good presets. I will consider this upgrade if there is any improvement in quality I guess. I dont really need anything about what nitro has. I am tempted by the upgrade deal though..
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear
man, these videos are soooooo drowsy ... why wouldn't they just let us hear a bit more instead of talking so much
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Maniac

This is a great upgrade

The interface usability has improved like 300% in my opinion.

The way that you can make complex effects is so easy now. that alone is worth the $69 upgrade price. But they have also improved the number of operators and modulators. There's some very useful stuff in there. I can see myself using this on getting some great new guitar sounds. Just playing around with the presets gave me plenty of inspiration. Let alone if i start to program it.

The interface improvement will also mean that I will be using this plugin a lot more in projects than I used Nitro. I only used Nitro whenever I needed something special and I really had the time to tweak it.

Do bear in mind that it is $69 till the end of this year. Then I believe untill the the 9th of january you pay $79 and after that it goes up to the standard upgrade price of $99,- I believe the normal price is somewhere around $140 dollars so i guess it is worthwhile buying the upgrade if you have Nitro.

The only thing that I thought was less impressive is the fact that they can't deliver ilok licenses (yet). You'll have to do with a serial number. The same thing happened with Magnetic that I bought of Nomad Factory. they also say that due to a technical problem they can't deliver iLok licenses. Maybe it has something to do with the new iLok? You can install it on up to 3 machines, but i just prefer an iLok license. It feels more solid and is easier to take with you.

By the way the Magnetic plugin from Nomad factory is the other Christmas gem that you should buy before the end of the year. It's an amazing sounding plugin to create tape and tube like distortion from subtle to extreme. It is only $49,- at 'don't crack' untill the end of this month. A no brainer if you ask me.
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgeezer View Post
man, these videos are soooooo drowsy ... why wouldn't they just let us hear a bit more instead of talking so much
+1 I wanted to hear some cool audio demos. examples of what can be donne.
I hoped it now has some grain effects added.

these videos killed me.
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Addict

most boring videos ever, I had to download the demo and used different presets to understand what this thing is capable of. Some nice effects indeed
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Maniac

I ended up buying the upgrade though I'm less than satisfied with the interface.

I'm sure it's great to get under the hood and spend enormous amounts of time tweaking and making your own presets (watch vids)- but, there are already almost 200 presets. This is great! BUT

YOU CAN ONLY SEE ABOUT A DOZEN PRESETS AT A TIME!

This is laughable. There doesn't seem to be any other way of view presets except in the tiny window in the middle and the presets don't appear to be organized by type - at least not well.

I seriously don't have time to scroll through non-descriptive names and pages of banks to find a preset.

I am not trying dog the plug, because it really sounds great and is versatile. I just hope more users will write and ask PSP to create some rational and efficient way to view presets and create useful preset categories.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windshore View Post
I ended up buying the upgrade though I'm less than satisfied with the interface.

I'm sure it's great to get under the hood and spend enormous amounts of time tweaking and making your own presets (watch vids)- but, there are already almost 200 presets. This is great! BUT

This is laughable. There doesn't seem to be any other way of view presets except in the tiny window in the middle and the presets don't appear to be organized by type - at least not well.

I seriously don't have time to scroll through non-descriptive names and pages of banks to find a preset.

I am not trying dog the plug, because it really sounds great and is versatile. I just hope more users will write and ask PSP to create some rational and efficient way to view presets and create useful preset categories.
This was the problem in the last one too!

PSP, please make a pleasant/intuitive/scrollable preset auditioning system!

- c
Old 29th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windshore View Post

I couldn't agree more!! I also upgraded as I really love Nitro's sound and possibilities, but PSP, you have to organize the presets better and give us access to them in categories, as well as allow for even more presets to be created and added to the existing 200. I don't want to have to load another bank of 200 but would prefer to be able to extend user presets to an existing bank of presets based on descriptions, such as Delay FX, Modulation FX, Filter FX, and possibly based on specific instruments like Drum FX, Vocal FX, etc. Then allow us to add onto those categories and have them all available as opposed to having to load a new bank of 200. Please consider this idea! I really do love the sound and possibilities of this plug-in.

Thanks.thumbsup
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear
Too expensive for me stike even the loyal customer offer is too high for me currently. You see, that's part of why Europe is going down - East Europe is going up in price...
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankymax View Post
I couldn't agree more!! I also upgraded as I really love Nitro's sound and possibilities, but PSP, you have to organize the presets better and give us access to them in categories, as well as allow for even more presets to be created and added to the existing 200. I don't want to have to load another bank of 200 but would prefer to be able to extend user presets to an existing bank of presets based on descriptions, such as Delay FX, Modulation FX, Filter FX, and possibly based on specific instruments like Drum FX, Vocal FX, etc. Then allow us to add onto those categories and have them all available as opposed to having to load a new bank of 200. Please consider this idea! I really do love the sound and possibilities of this plug-in.

Thanks.thumbsup

thumbsup
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

How the crap do u authorise this plugin ?
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

I hope they send you a free copy!

I can't wait to hear a Sounds Divine set for the PSP n2o!

- c
Old 30th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickman View Post
How the crap do u authorise this plugin ?
After you purchase and download you should have an email from PSP that gives you a webpage to register and get your authorization code- just copy & paste that when you open the plug in and you should be good to go.
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
I hope they send you a free copy!

I can't wait to hear a Sounds Divine set for the PSP n2o!

- c
I have other plans for N2O , although a set might come as a result of it . So many possibilities.....

Just having problems with it crashing the AU manager but Im sure I'll have it working soon .
Old 31st December 2010
Gear Nut
Fantastic plug-in! Sound design paradise
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankymax View Post
After you purchase and download you should have an email from PSP that gives you a webpage to register and get your authorization code- just copy & paste that when you open the plug in and you should be good to go.
All good now
Old 1st January 2011
Gear Maniac

Lovely update, but I must agree that some tagging for effect type in the presets menu would be a welcome addition.
While I'm wishing, some granular effect modules in the future would be nice, too...

I've used the Arachuna preset on the original Nitro on at least five songs. Looking forward to seeing what happens with N20...Yay for PSP.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search