The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Papa Sangre - binaural video game with no video (iPhone)
Old 23rd December 2010
Lives for gear

Papa Sangre - binaural video game with no video (iPhone)

http://bit.ly/papasangre

Think you guys will be interested in this new audio-only iOS game. Been looking forward to it a long time, and after playing it, I've really enjoyed it - quite an engrossing and scary experience, actually. From their site:

Quote:
You are lost, deep in the darkness of the land of the dead. Your eyes are useless to you here — but your ears are filled with sound. And what is it you can hear … ?

All you know is someone is in grave danger and desperately needs your help. Can you save them and make your escape or will you be trapped in the blackness forever?

You’re in Papa Sangre’s palace. His palace is in an afterlife that takes the form of a malevolent, unpredictable carnival: imagine a Mexican graveyard on the Day of the Dead — with the lights off. You’re the piñata for a host of partying monsters. They probably look a lot worse than they sound. You should count yourself lucky it’s too dark to see them.

Get out. Save the one you love. Do the right thing.

Papa Sangre is a video game with no video. It’s a first-person thriller, done entirely in audio by an award-winning team of game designers, musicians, sound designers and developers. We’ve created an entire world using the first ever real-time 3D audio engine implemented on a handheld device. Which was BLOODY HARD.
Direct link to the game on app store: Papa Sangre for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Old 24th December 2010
Lives for gear

Damn this seems awsome......alas I'm not an iphone/pod/pad owner

You'll all have to let me know how it is!!
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Beware, that link takes you to the U.K. version of iTunes, where everything is more expensive.

- c
Old 2nd January 2011
Bought it. Will try it out before bed tonight on my K271'S
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search