The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AlgoRhythm Solo™
Old 21st December 2010
News Desk Editor

AlgoRhythm Solo™

Cypher Labs LLC, pioneers in enthusiast-class equipment for today’s home and portable music devices, is proud to announce the release of the AlgoRhythm™ Solo - a game changing product that brings the iPad™, iPhone® or iPod® into the realm of high-end audio sources.

Now available, the AlgoRhythm™ Solo is a high performance audio processor for mobile and home-based systems designed to generate true CD-quality sound from Apple devices. The AlgoRhythm™ Solo is completely portable, and is powered by Lithium-ion batteries for extra clean playback and long operation times. The best possible audio quality is achieved Solo™’s main processor and reference-grade Wolfson Microelectronics™ digital-to-analog converter. Now anyone can unlock audiophile-quality music from the convenience of their iPad™, iPhone® or iPod®.

Highlights:

-USB interface to iPad™, iPhone® or iPod®
-Digital signal processed via a reference grade Wolfson Microelectronics™ DAC to level line out analog 1.8" output and….
-Simultaneous output via SPDIF for home use with a desktop or portable DAC
-Jitter-free asynchronous audio
-Lithium-ion batteries (2) for long play times and clean portable power

The AlgoRhythm Solo™ connected to an external DAC via the SPDIF output.

Features:

• Wolfson Microelectronics™ digital-to-analog converter
• Decryption of the Apple USB output (not a "pass through" of the line-out)
• Asynchronous mode USB-to-SPDIF conversion
• Streams bit-perfect digital audio from Apple devices to outputs such as headphone amplifiers and powered speakers
• Communicates using Apple’s proprietary iPod Accessory Protocol (iAP) over USB
• Authentication of the accessory to the iPod is performed using the Apple authentication coprocessor
• 10 configurable timers and 3 clock chips allow maximum flexibility in controlling digital timing, which means the device produces extremely low jitter -far below human hearing
• 1/8” stereo analog output and RCA digital output
• Sample Depth 16 bit
• Transfer Protocol Master Host Mode
• Dimensions: 2.8" x 4.3" x .75"
• Two Li-Ion batteries in parallel AC switching is totally isolated
• Connects to home and portable headphone amplifiers and DACs
• USB-A docking cable included
• AC adapter and power cable included (international adapters widely available)
• Designed to match in size and audio character with the ALO RxMK II headphone amplifier

David Maudlin, CEO, [email protected]
Ken Ball, VP, [email protected]

Cypher Labs, LLC
4260 Galewood St. Suite B
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
503.828-9700 voice
503.670.7634 fax

http://cypherlabs.com
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Maniac

Most interesting.
I look forward to trying one out.
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

A USB to midi input/output would've been a good update for a phase two of this product, but great work never the less
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

Well, there ya go. Now that ios DDP player is starting to make a little more sense.
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Maniac

Yes, very exciting indeed. Been waiting for this type of product thumbsup
Old 27th April 2011
Here for the gear
Solo and matching Rx Mk II amp rig

I have the AlgoRhythm Solo and its matching amp, the Prescription (rx) Mk II. I also bought the ALO Audio high end LOD to USB cable and mini-to-mini interconnect.

I coupled this rig with an 80gb iPod classic, which has the worst sounding onboard DAC chip of the ipod range, and it is truly amazing how wondering it sounds using the asynchronous DAC of the Solo. The rx II amp sounds fab as well. Its small size belies its big sound. The high gain setting can easily drive 600ohm cans. I've been using it with custom in-ears from Ultimate Ears and my commute has been much more fun!

I am thinking of selling the rig because in true gear slut fashion, I incurred some major unforeseen expenses just after shelling out $1200 USD on the rig. Feel free to PM me if interested. I'm not going to list it because my heart really isn't in it - I hope to hold onto it.

That's a good product testimonial, ain't it?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search