The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Outboardanywhere.com launches (use automated studio outboard over the net) Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 25th January 2011
Lives for gear

Nice One!
Old 8th March 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAU View Post
Ok, i subscribed and will try soon, i have some of the equipment you are offering at the moment available at a studio where i work, and i do have some favourite settings on them, if this works well, it saves me a trip to the studio in sometimes (:

Gear requests :

Analog tube AT 101
Atomic squeeze box
Tube tech Smc2b
Retro Sta lvl ( and al their other products (: )
Well, all great gear will be nice i guess (:

Cheers,
Lau
dawm...ive been inventing this same idea now for two years, and just saw this post , is not identical to yours but the main point adding analog unis to peoples tracks is, we got black face 1176, pultecs,analog tube at-101,shadowhills mastering comp,retro 176, innovard connection deq-4p, foote p3s. me, neve 33609, ssl 4056console and studer 827 2" 24 tracker,lexicon 960,tc system 6000 12x neve 1081 etc etc etc .. we are going to do this using skype with web cameras and payments tru paypal, 50-80dollars/hour depending on what unit is needed, we adjusting the gear with client and sending small 10s test samples until client is happy with the results the we will send the whole track.
Old 13th March 2011
Gear Addict

This is an excellent Idea.
Regarding the latency issue: How about when your client sends the wave file they want to be processed with your gear they also send a stereo mix without the element that they want to process. This would eliminate the latency issue while monitoring and auditioning different settings.

best
Magnet
Old 18th March 2011
Gear Addict

good ideas

Good ideas above..

Ohh BTW thanks for all PM's with ideas
Old 19th March 2011
Lives for gear

Hi,

Now here's a service I like! Just signed up at the site.. As soon as I get my PayPal situation sorted out I'll be doing some processing for sure!! For loop processing, this is going to be really fantastikk

One possible way to figure out your compressor threshold settings would be to first make a test sample file of the processed audio like so:

10 seconds of program material (fader at -6dB)
2-5 seconds of silence
10 seconds of program material (fader at -5dB)
2-5 seconds of silence
10 seconds of program material (fader at -4dB)
you get the idea. This way you should be able to determine the required level with just 1 pass.

If one would be able to use a script/batch processing, one could even automate the making of such a testfile..

Oh yeah, what are the audio file specs? Can I do 24/192 wav/aiff?
Old 2nd April 2011
Gear Addict

sorry for late reply

24/192 wav/aiff will be possible within about a month due to programming issues. I'll keep you updated
Old 7th June 2011
Gear Addict

sorry for the wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakypete View Post
Sounds interesting. Read the FAQ and some questions pops to mind; if I'd like 1176 and then directly to a 1073 in a chain, do I pay double? A small video tutorial how it works from both ends would be useful and probably sell your idea even better
Added a little vid of how to upload files to OBA

BTW Outboardanywhere has now been online over half a year. WOHOOOOO thanks for all the positive energy people have been giving me.

Have a great day

Last edited by FredrikCarno; 7th June 2011 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 7th June 2011
Gear Nut

what about a summing option?

f.e. sending 16 files and get 1 stereofile back.

16 euros/dollar?

that would be sooooooo nice
Old 7th June 2011
Gear Addict

great idea

good idea I'll put it on the lockinto list.

Best
Fredrik
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search