The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TK audio The strip
Old 26th February 2011
Lives for gear

BC-1 is a stereo comp (not a dual mono comp), can I use it on mono signals (lead vocals, lead guitar, bass....) for both recording and mixing? . Is it possible?
Old 27th February 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
BC-1 is a stereo comp (not a dual mono comp), can I use it on mono signals (lead vocals, lead guitar, bass....) for both recording and mixing? . Is it possible?
Yes, the BC1 is a very fine compressor for instruments and you can use it as a mono compressor. On vocals it can even out the levels making them more solid. Same goes for bass guitar, just make sure to disengage the HPF (highpass filter) button otherwise it will not react as much to frequencies below 150Hz.

Due to the transparent nature of the BC1 it will not add a "sound" when compressing, it's more like a fast gain-riding - very useful for controlling the dynamics without adding obvious compression. Perfect for piano, strings, jazz drums etcetera.

Compared to plug-ins the BC1 sounds more vivid and has a deeper and wider stereo panorama.

The only problem is that I only have one BC1 and it's constantly strapped across the mix buss.

Cheers
Fred
Old 28th February 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks Frenzy.

Up to now my only experience with compressors has been plug-ins, I guess if I want to mix a mono signal, I just have to choose one of the two mono inserts from this stereo comp in my DAW, right?
Old 24th March 2011
Jai guru deva om

The TK Audio Strip is now featured in our Clipalator gear test page, both the Baxandall style EQ and compressor.

War
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search