The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kemper Profiling Amplifier
Old 28th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
OK I don't understand something, maybe one of you Kemper owners can help.

So, are the profiles of amps done clean, then semi dirty, the full out, etc? Otherwise I don't know how if the Kemper can know how to change the sound of a profile when you back off, or increase, the volume on your guitar?

Thanks
Tom
the profiling signal is dynamic and will mimic the behavior of changing the volume knob on your guitar.
Old 28th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
KPA users,
Heres a question.

can you pan the amp signal in the main stereo pair?
I do see any mention of it in the manual.
Say I want to end up with my reverb and echo evenly panned L/R, but the amp at 9 oclock?

how do we do this?

Also, can we put any echo or echo stomp box as the first stage?
Some great sounds happen plugging into something like a memory man type of thing first then into the amp.

thanks in advance guys.

best,
Sean
the Kemper allows you to send every component of the signal to a different physical output. you can send the dry amptone to the direct out and the effectsignal to the main outs and use your mixer to balance and pan the two

there is no mono delay stomp that you could put in front of he amp. there is a mono loop though that you could use to connect an analog delay stomp to the kemper.
Old 28th March 2013
Lives for gear

Gundy Keller is a happy Kemper now too
Signature Tones with the Kemper Profiler: EVH/Brown sound - YouTube
Old 1st April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Wu View Post
the Kemper allows you to send every component of the signal to a different physical output. you can send the dry amptone to the direct out and the effectsignal to the main outs and use your mixer to balance and pan the two
thanks.
Unfortunately, only the the main L/R is balanced. Which makes using the direct or monitor hi-z unbalanced output a bit sketchy for long runs in a studio application.

Its truly a great sounding piece, I just think theyve missed the boat on many pro features, like only 44.1 at the dig output. no clock input, the missing pan feature I mentioned, no editor or librarian software, and the only one set of balanced outputs.
Hopefully version 2.0 will address many of these issues.

thanks again for the response.

all the best,
Sean
Old 1st April 2013
Lives for gear

you could use the digital outs for the effects and send the dry signal to the balanced main outs but of course only at 44.1.
i agree about the need for a libarian but i could live without an editor given the fact that the UI is pretty straight forward with lots of dedicated knobs and buttons.
Old 17th November 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
Yeah. It's really quite embarrassing and perhaps I should take it down? I was just so eager to dive into the amp. And I am such a n00b. A friend came over about a month after I had made my first few recordings with it and right away noticed that I was TOTALLY redlining my output of my mixer. He turned the trim down and set my levels and suddenly my tone was WAY better. Dah?
Don't worry, we all learn from our mistakes. Good lessons
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search