The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kemper Profiling Amplifier
Old 4th March 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energie View Post
oh cool. I believe you can send to eventide and then return IN STEREO back to the kemper, just has to put in an efx loop block. haven't tried it to know how well it works but the converstion on the kemper seems pretty solid and transarent, even though its only 44.1...
Yeah I am thinking of getting the H8000 in the fx loop and then out the Kemper stereo back into the Eventide for conversion to the DAW. Or maybe just go direct into the Eventide. Not sure where the kemper fx loop patches in. Before the cab? I still find that bizarre how it can separate the cab like it does or at least tries too.
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
So are all the retailers in the US out of stock currently? When are more units expected?
This is the kind of thing that Sound Pure should probably carry, Animus, but I see that they don't. At least for now. Maybe we can request they consider it. But I can't ever imagine Fat Sound carrying these.
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by markham View Post
This is the kind of thing that Sound Pure should probably carry, Animus, but I see that they don't. At least for now. Maybe we can request they consider it. But I can't ever imagine Fat Sound carrying these.
I don't know, I got mine at Maken Music here in Chicago, basically Fat Sound in the Midwest regarding the amount of killer boutique gear they carry.
Old 5th March 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by markham View Post
ah, when you get to Durham? Just noticed.
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Am I overlooking an octave effect stomp box in the kemper? Maybe it doesn't have one? If there is one in there, can someone give me a heads up? Thanks!

I'm going to post a bunch of profiles next week. I would really dig some killer heavy profiles from the axe II if someone is willing to do it!
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

C'mon people this is a bunch of money to me.

Keep telling me how much better it's going to sound than Guitar Rig....c'mon, I need encouragement!!

TH
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
C'mon people this is a bunch of money to me.

Keep telling me how much better it's going to sound than Guitar Rig....c'mon, I need encouragement!!

TH
It's going to **** all over guitar rig 3!!
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_mckee View Post
Am I overlooking an octave effect stomp box in the kemper? Maybe it doesn't have one? If there is one in there, can someone give me a heads up? Thanks!

I'm going to post a bunch of profiles next week. I would really dig some killer heavy profiles from the axe II if someone is willing to do it!
Someone posted the first 20 or so axe 2 patches. But I think he may have removed them. I didn't think they were outstanding untill I paired them with cabs within Kemper then they came alive Still prefer my Kemper patches
Old 7th March 2012
Gear Guru

Just broke down and ordered one. Might have it Friday.
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

got mine yesterday

thing is built like a tank and bigger than the pics make it

knobs were nice and tight to.

cant wait to try it!
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Animus you are hereby required by all things decent and meaningful to GS'ers to give a full report. PLEASE compare this to plug ins if you will...

thx
Tom
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Animus you are hereby required by all things decent and meaningful to GS'ers to give a full report. PLEASE compare this plug ins if you will...

thx
Tom
Scuffham is the only plug that comes close. But if you are a Guitar Rig fan, keep in mind the Kemper will only do one mono amp at a time, with effects in stereo. So none of those mega wide double guitar sounds like many in GR. Also no crazy effects yet like GRs, pretty much just the bread and butter fx. But regarding sound and playability, there is no comparison....the KPA is indistinguishable from a real amp. No plugin is there yet.
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nice! Gimme a call when you have played with it a bit. I have a few profiles you may be interested in....
Old 8th March 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Nice! Gimme a call when you have played with it a bit. I have a few profiles you may be interested in....
Will do! Also, will try and profile my Road King and Lone Star amps.
Old 8th March 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Animus you are hereby required by all things decent and meaningful to GS'ers to give a full report. PLEASE compare this to plug ins if you will...

thx
Tom
I will if I can but I don't own any modeler plugins except for Pod Farm. I demod Guitar Rig and Amplitube years ago so my impression wouldn't be be fair or current obviously.
Old 8th March 2012
Lives for gear

the stereo widener in the kemper works pretty great actually to make a patch seem stereo and huge. some of Tills cabs sound huge to, bigger and wider then any axe fx stereo Patch I had sometimes.

I uploaded this to another site, I profiled my engl gigmaster clean with a little hair on it, after profiling I made a slight adjustment to add clarity. so not exact, but here you will hear first the kemper, then the real amp

http://www.energiestudios.com/Files/...Test%20WAV.wav
Old 8th March 2012
Here for the gear

I've had a few more days with the Kemper...I'm still really liking this thing. Haven't turned an amp on for a few days and it's been really quick and easy to record with. Love the diversity with the flick of a switch. I've figured out how to put the exact BPM in for delays, and then they have the subdivision settings in there, so everything is nice and tight with a track, which is a nice feature.

I've hooked up my pedal board and everything works as you would expect. The only thing I've noticed is that if you hit it really hard with a boost, the input starts to break up a little bit. I haven't hooked up like a whammy yet, but don't expect any problems. Fuzzes are really, really fun with this thing...

Did I mention how I love not having to switch heads and cabinets and mics?
Old 8th March 2012
Lives for gear

Yeah with hot pickups it's easy to overload input. Make sure your clean sense is down or your distortion sense to.
Old 8th March 2012
Quote:
How's the Rockerverb profiles coming?
Old 9th March 2012
Lives for gear

I tried making some good preset profiles for you guys with my sansamp RBI unit, but for some reason they dont profile well which is a bummer. I hope I'm doing something wrong!
Old 9th March 2012
That may be a limitation, Kemper has stated in the past that the KPA wont be able to profile most other modelers very well because they simply don't behave anything like real tube amps. That goes for most guitar distortion pedals too, which are just linear in nature unlike amps (although you can put the pedal in front of an amp and profile the combination which usually works out just fine).
Old 9th March 2012
Lives for gear

"because they simply don't behave anything like real tube amps."

TH
Old 11th March 2012
Gear Guru

wow, I have been playing with it for a few hours and I am seriously ****ing blown away by the Kemper and that's just going through the default presets. The Mesa Road King profiles feel just like my Road King. Overall, this thing feels like a damn tube amp. Amazing. "This is devil work! Kill it with fire!"
Old 11th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
wow, I have been playing with it for a few hours and I am seriously ****ing blown away by the Kemper and that's just going through the default presets. The Mesa Road King profiles feel just like my Road King. Overall, this thing feels like a damn tube amp. Amazing. "This is devil work! Kill it with fire!"
Nice man! Definitely profile your own - while there are some good presets in there, I find doing it myself is the real fun. Also, make sure you download the Marshall Golub Crunch amp, it is one of the best ones up there in my opinion. I agree, the feel of this thing is spot on.
Old 11th March 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Nice man! Definitely profile your own - while there are some good presets in there, I find doing it myself is the real fun. Also, make sure you download the Marshall Golub Crunch amp, it is one of the best ones up there in my opinion. I agree, the feel of this thing is spot on.

oh, I definitely plan to profile my amps, if not just for the experience and fun of it.
Old 11th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Amazing. "This is devil work! Kill it with fire!"
Hallelujah!

Nice to hear of another satisfied slut!

Mine is on the way. Think I'm going to miss it though...have to cross the Atlantic for a couple of weeks. Will be nice to come home to, though!
Old 11th March 2012
Gear Head

Here are the Profiles of the 40 Axe-FX11 presets.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55111784/201...20Profiles.zip

Take some of the hi gain Profiles and change the cab to a Tills cab...some say they actually sound better than the Axe-FX11.
Old 13th March 2012
Lives for gear

Can someone please profile Ola's metal preset for axe fx II and link me?
Also I'm in some desperate need to find some more crushing tones on this kemper. Ive got a handful that work insanely well, but I want more!!! Any recommendations?
Old 13th March 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_mckee View Post
Can someone please profile Ola's metal preset for axe fx II and link me?
Do you have Ola's Triple Rec Kemper Profiles?

They're brutal.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55111784/OlaDVTriple6.zip
Old 14th March 2012
Lives for gear

Sure do tok, he only has the three right? I am dying to get my hands on some more profiles of the same caliber
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search