The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kemper Profiling Amplifier
Old 24th February 2012
  #391
Lives for gear
 
Realtugs's Avatar
 

Hmmmmmmm...not sure which I prefer. Would normally be an all black kind of guy, but don't know if I like the green on black...

Kemper Profiling Amplifier-kemper-old-new.jpg

May proceed as planned. If I wind up getting a second one, maybe one of each approach.
Old 24th February 2012
  #392
Lives for gear
 
trock's Avatar
 

we think alike

at first when i saw the post i was pretty stoked but the green on black? i kinda like the original, which is why i did go ahead and order it
Old 24th February 2012
  #393
Lives for gear
 
Realtugs's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
we think alike

at first when i saw the post i was pretty stoked but the green on black? i kinda like the original, which is why i did go ahead and order it
Hahahaha!

That settles it...original it is...let's make some noise!

Looks like they need to rework the shades on the black one a little. The palette of colours just blends a lot better on the original. Options are nice, however. I'm sure the black will appeal to some as is.
Old 24th February 2012
  #394
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
Black one? Uh-oh...may wait if that isn't going to be too long.
I'd be more interested in a rack version actually.
Old 24th February 2012
  #395
Lives for gear
 
Realtugs's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
I'd be more interested in a rack version actually.
Could be cool. A lotta knobs and buttons to cram in to a reasonable (2-4U?) unit, though. Particularly without getting into to a multi-function, sub-menu driven mess.

Thoughts?
Old 24th February 2012
  #396
Lives for gear
 
Energie's Avatar
 

Just for kicks I made a very quick and sloppy wanking clip of one of the user profiles just uploaded. A brute and Phat. I really like this profile. I couldn't get this kind of detailed sound with the Axe standard, probably with the II though.

http://www.energiestudios.com/Files/...26%20Phatt.mp3
Old 24th February 2012
  #397
Lives for gear
 
Energie's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
I'd be more interested in a rack version actually.
I am surprised they didn't make a rack mount kit for the kemper as it is now. I mean its not exactly the deminsions but still might work. I don't care if I rack mine and I am loving this box more everyday. Some great user profiles being posted. I have never been able to get this type of realism and sound from any modeller before
Old 24th February 2012
  #398
Lives for gear
 
Energie's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
Hmmmmmmm...not sure which I prefer. Would normally be an all black kind of guy, but don't know if I like the green on black...

Attachment 278877

May proceed as planned. If I wind up getting a second one, maybe one of each approach.
I heard the black one sounds better....
Old 25th February 2012
  #399
Gear Maniac
 
Jayrawk's Avatar
 

I heard the black ones are bigger.
Old 25th February 2012
  #400
Lives for gear
 
Realtugs's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrawk View Post
I heard the black ones are bigger.
Surrrre...you've "heard" they're bigger.

Old 25th February 2012
  #401
Lives for gear
 
Realtugs's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energie View Post
Just for kicks I made a very quick and sloppy wanking clip...
Very nice!
Old 25th February 2012
  #402
Lives for gear
 
feck's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
I'd be more interested in a rack version actually.
They are working on one.
Old 25th February 2012
  #403
Gear Guru
 
Animus's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
They are working on one.
Maybe they will also make a version that has tubes and speakers in it too. heh
Old 25th February 2012
  #404
Lives for gear
 
feck's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Maybe they will also make a version that has tubes and speakers in it too. heh
I wouldn't hold your breath for that one.....
Old 25th February 2012
  #405
Lives for gear
 
Realtugs's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
They are working on one.
Any deets? 2U?

Must be stripped down or fairly menu driven. Not a gigger myself. Full size suites me more. Exciting product...family of...just the same. Good times!
Old 25th February 2012
  #406
Lives for gear
 
feck's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
Any deets? 2U?

Must be stripped down or fairly menu driven. Not a gigger myself. Full size suites me more. Exciting product...family of...just the same. Good times!
Check the Kemper forum, that's where I read it. Not sure but 2U sounds about right.
Old 25th February 2012
  #407
Lives for gear
 
Realtugs's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Check the Kemper forum, that's where I read it. Not sure but 2U sounds about right.
Cool.

Where's the Xits, mofo?
Old 25th February 2012
  #408
Lives for gear
 
feck's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
Cool.

Where's the Xits, mofo?
Haha, working on the mother lode. 24 Xits profiles so far, it's such a versatile amp. Trying to cover all the bases.
Old 25th February 2012
  #409
Lives for gear
 
Realtugs's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Haha, working on the mother lode. 24 Xits profiles so far, it's such a versatile amp. Trying to cover all the bases.
:drool:

Will be MEGA, my friend...very cool!
Old 25th February 2012
  #410
Lives for gear
 
Realtugs's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Haha, working on the mother lode.
The molo, mofo?



I'm sorry...I really am.
Old 25th February 2012
  #411
Messing around with a profile I made of my Mesa Express 5:25 : http://www.peranders.com/music/music/noodle120224a.mp3 terrible playing but ignore that for a moment (if you can stop yourself from upchucking for a moment), because this is the first amp sim I've played where I can get musical feedback and sustain (from a not very sustaining guitar normally, Parker P-38) and even better at lower volumes than I would be able to do with the actual amp in question. That simple opening chord just sparkles for me, and the rest obviously shows I can't play, but if you need a single open D chord then I'm your man.
Old 25th February 2012
  #412
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdme_sadie View Post
Messing around with a profile I made of my Mesa Express 5:25 : http://www.peranders.com/music/music/noodle120224a.mp3 terrible playing but ignore that for a moment (if you can stop yourself from upchucking for a moment), because this is the first amp sim I've played where I can get musical feedback and sustain (from a not very sustaining guitar normally, Parker P-38) and even better at lower volumes than I would be able to do with the actual amp in question. That simple opening chord just sparkles for me, and the rest obviously shows I can't play, but if you need a single open D chord then I'm your man.
Sounds very nice indeed, and the playing is very cool.

Are you using the cab of your 5:25, sounds like you are to my ears?
With all Mesa and Marshall Profiles I immediately add one of the Tills cabs...have you tried your Profile with one of his cabs?
Old 25th February 2012
  #413
Thanks! Yes I've not swapped out the cab profile as I liked the sound as is (I'm into 90's indie with lots of small amp in the room mids, rough and ready less polished sounds). But I need to take some time to experiment with some of the other cab profiles out there as people keep telling me lots of good things about them.
Old 25th February 2012
  #414
Lives for gear
 
oceantracks's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tok22 View Post
Make sure your fingers are well rested because you're going to play more guitar than you've played in ages.
You can start at stock Profile/Preset/Rig #1 and go through all 195 and you won't find a tone you can't use in the studio.

Here's my Soundcloud page, listen to a few of these clips, whatever Profile you choose the quality/fidelity of the tones are all like this...these are all basically un tweaked Profiles.

Kemper59's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
The playing on the Robin Gallagher clip is so stunning I don't care what the amp sounds like. It's the kind of soloing that makes you want to quit. Yikes.

TH (officially depressed)
Old 25th February 2012
  #415
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
The playing on the Robin Gallagher clip is so stunning I don't care what the amp sounds like. It's the kind of soloing that makes you want to quit. Yikes.

TH (officially depressed)
Haha, yeah amazing finger-picking-good skills going on there. But it should make you feel all inspired rather than depressed.
Old 25th February 2012
  #416
Lives for gear
 
trock's Avatar
 

does anyone have a link or sample of the 65amps london that is supposed to come with it?

the 65 amps to me are the best sounding amps out there, for what i need. that chimey, breakup that is rich and deep

LA Amp Show '10 - 65Amps London Pro Demo - YouTube
Old 25th February 2012
  #417
Lives for gear
 
Energie's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
does anyone have a link or sample of the 65amps london that is supposed to come with it?

the 65 amps to me are the best sounding amps out there, for what i need. that chimey, breakup that is rich and deep

LA Amp Show '10 - 65Amps London Pro Demo - YouTube
I will post a clip of that for u today
Old 25th February 2012
  #418
Lives for gear
 
trock's Avatar
 

thank you SO much!

cant wait!
Old 25th February 2012
  #419
Lives for gear
 
Energie's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
thank you SO much!

cant wait!
Are you a strat or humbucker guy?
Old 25th February 2012
  #420
Lives for gear
 
trock's Avatar
 

well, kinda both, haha

i have a les paul classic plus

and a PRS 513, which i use for a much more strat like sound
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
moukeefe / So many guitars, so little time
5
brendandwyer / Geekslutz forum
0
jcool / So many guitars, so little time
9
stealthbalance / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
4

Forum Jump
Forum Jump