The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kemper Profiling Amplifier
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Thanks energie, I'm actually walking out TW door now to try out the kemper with my own hands!
Old 24th February 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by laddie.music2 View Post

But if you want to do soemthign with some balls, something like this would be cool,
I wanna hear the speakers moooooving like this

Metroamp 50W 71 specs - YouTube

In that test file above, the main difference is not tone, but the pump of a spekaer.
+1

I would also like to hear a tone like this from the kpa
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Hey guys I just picked up the new kemper. How do I set up the sod if in ad out for reamping? Can't seem to get it to work that way
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_mckee View Post

How do I set up the sod if in ad out for reamping?
What's that, brother? Going over my head there.
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
What's that, brother? Going over my head there.
Oh man iPhone autocorrect is horrible. I was trying to set up spdif, now it's working and am experiencing Kemper Nirvana
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Is there a way to capture direct guitar via spdif as well as the kemper?
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh man iPhone autocorrect is horrible. I was trying to set up spdif, now it's working and am experiencing Kemper Nirvana
Hahahahahahaha

Thought you hit the celebratory beer before rigging her up! Glad you're rolling...and in Nirvana! Did you purchase...or have it on demo?

Enjoy...reports are mandatory btw!

ps- iPhone auto-correct IS horrible! I turned that bitch off ages ago. Takes a little longer at times, but I fancy my odds on my own are better than it making me look like a chump!
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is there a way to capture direct guitar via spdif as well as the kemper?
You mean of the actual amp you're profiling...for an A/B type of thing?

I don't have one yet, but I'm not sure you could simultaneously. I would assume some of the Kemper's effects blocks are stereo...if so, and using any of those...there goes the left and right on s/pdif. Not so sure it would allow you to pass direct on left, profiled on right (for example).

Is that what you mean?
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
You mean of the actual amp you're profiling...for an A/B type of thing?

I don't have one yet, but I'm not sure you could simultaneously. I would assume some of the Kemper's effects blocks are stereo...if so, and using any of those...there goes the left and right on s/pdif. Not so sure it would allow you to pass direct on left, profiled on right (for example).

Is that what you mean?
What I mean is if I'm recording the kemper amp I want to capture the DI signal at the same time via spdif, is this possible?

Also I can't seem to find where all the uploaded profiles are... I've registered but can't seem where to get downloading!
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hahahahahahaha

Thought you hit the celebratory beer before rigging her up! Glad you're rolling...and in Nirvana! Did you purchase...or have it on demo?

Enjoy...reports are mandatory btw!

ps- iPhone auto-correct IS horrible! I turned that bitch off ages ago. Takes a little longer at times, but I fancy my odds on my own are better than it making me look like a chump!
Haha I could use a beer right now, it's 37 degrees Celsius outside! I bought the kemper, and plan on using it intensely. I've reamped a session today and it already sounds amazing!
I'm very glad I bought this over the AXE II. It's perfect for what my needs are. I'm super keen to try other peoples profiles but can't find the download section. I know I'm overlooking something somewhere on their website
Old 24th February 2012
What I do is connect the Kemper tot he S/PDIF and input the guitar directly into the interface. Then on the Kemper on input enabled the "s/pdif input" (under the input settings), and in the software fo r the interface route the guitar to go to thr kemper, then in my DAW set up two channels, the S/PDIF and Raw guitar.

Now if you go to profile mode on the kemper you can switch between the kemper model and the amp itself as the output signal which is what will go back to the daw, finally once you've recorded whatever you'll need to change the routing once again to send a normal channel to the S/PDIF (that you'll pick as the output for the clean guitar track in your DAW), and now you can re-amp and record away to compare side by side (and yes it's convoluted, but it works).
Old 24th February 2012
ajs
Gear Maniac

Quote:
What I mean is if I'm recording the kemper amp I want to capture the DI signal at the same time via spdif, is this possible?

Also I can't seem to find where all the uploaded profiles are... I've registered but can't seem where to get downloading!

Tracking the dry signal is only available via the direct out meantime but they are looking into splitting the spdif out for one side Kemper, the other dry.

Profiles are at Profiler | Rig Exchange Download
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs View Post
Tracking the dry signal is only available via the direct out meantime but they are looking into splitting the spdif out for one side Kemper, the other dry.

Profiles are at Profiler | Rig Exchange Download
Thanks ajs, when that feature is implemented, i will be in a good place
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdme_sadie View Post
What I do is connect the Kemper tot he S/PDIF and input the guitar directly into the interface. Then on the Kemper on input enabled the "s/pdif input" (under the input settings), and in the software fo r the interface route the guitar to go to thr kemper, then in my DAW set up two channels, the S/PDIF and Raw guitar.

Now if you go to profile mode on the kemper you can switch between the kemper model and the amp itself as the output signal which is what will go back to the daw, finally once you've recorded whatever you'll need to change the routing once again to send a normal channel to the S/PDIF (that you'll pick as the output for the clean guitar track in your DAW), and now you can re-amp and record away to compare side by side (and yes it's convoluted, but it works).
Does that introduce any noticeable extra latency between the two signals in the DAW? I think i'll try your way next session on monday!
Old 24th February 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Sorry to disappoint, clip 1 is the KPA.
Haha, damn!
Listened again and I think both sounds good. I still think the KPA clip would fit in a mix better, because it sounds more tweaked in the EQ. But, I can actually imagine that the second clip is a real amp. But that doesn't matter as I now know the answer.

Are both clips recorded by miking up a cab?

I would really appreciate more blind tests! And more rock/metal sounds would be cool since that is what I'm more used to.
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crille View Post
And more rock/metal sounds would be cool since that is what I'm more used to.
Ill be starting on a bunch of mixes this thursday which ive reamped using the kemper, all high gain metal stuff. I'll upload some samples for you
Old 24th February 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Ill be starting on a bunch of mixes this thursday which ive reamped using the kemper, all high gain metal stuff. I'll upload some samples for you
Don't forget to try Ola's Triple Rec Profiles.

Here they are.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55111784/OlaTripleRecto.kipr
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55111784/OlaDVTriple6.kipr
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Hi

I am thinking of getting the kemper, i have the Axe 2, 11r, POD etc but this to me, is totally new and innovative and sounds fantastic

that being said i do have a couple of questions

1) Is there a way to HEAR other peoples profiles from the RIG exchange before downloading? it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to not be able to hear them first. i am registered and have looked but i don't see anywhere to hear the profiles.

2) i found the list of current profiles that ship with the kemper from the factory, again though, no audio samples. i asked on the forum and no one seemed to know or told me to go watch youtube clips. are there any sound samples of the stock profiles?

thanks
Old 24th February 2012
ajs
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
Hi

1) Is there a way to HEAR other peoples profiles from the RIG exchange before downloading? it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to not be able to hear them first. i am registered and have looked but i don't see anywhere to hear the profiles.

2) i found the list of current profiles that ship with the kemper from the factory, again though, no audio samples. i asked on the forum and no one seemed to know or told me to go watch youtube clips. are there any sound samples of the stock profiles?

thanks
Besides user made clips of some but not all the amps, no.

That's become half the fun, though...some days it's and some days it's
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Ok

got it, just wanted to make sure i hadn't looked in the right place etc

should have mine in a week or so

thanks
Old 24th February 2012
ajs
Gear Maniac

Quote:
should have mine in a week or so
Tell your friends and family you're busy for the following three weeks or else they might think you've been kidnapped.
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

I hear you. i got the axe 2 all of a month or so ago!

I had a standard for years

this is going to be an interesting time in my studio coming up
Old 24th February 2012
Quote:
Hi

I am thinking of getting the kemper, i have the Axe 2, 11r, POD etc but this to me, is totally new and innovative and sounds fantastic

that being said i do have a couple of questions

thanks
Some of the factory sounds can be heard via youtube. Look at anything kemperamps uploads and it's in the box usually.

As for auditioning user profiles- right now there is no rating system or samples. Best thing to do is join the Kemper amps Forum and go under the Rig Exchange section. Usually the threads with the most replies are a safe bet that it's a good profile to have.
Old 24th February 2012
Gear Head

Quote:

this is going to be an interesting time in my studio coming up
Make sure your fingers are well rested because you're going to play more guitar than you've played in ages.
You can start at stock Profile/Preset/Rig #1 and go through all 195 and you won't find a tone you can't use in the studio.

Here's my Soundcloud page, listen to a few of these clips, whatever Profile you choose the quality/fidelity of the tones are all like this...these are all basically un tweaked Profiles.

Kemper59's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

wow

thanks so much!

its a friendly place as well.

any idea when the black one is shipping?
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
any idea when the black one is shipping?
Black one? Uh-oh...may wait if that isn't going to be too long.
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

On the Kemper forum someone posted a pic of the new black one on top of the one now

http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/ind...lack#post20960

NICE looking!

not sure i can wait though
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
On the Kemper forum someone posted a pic of the new black one on top of the one now

NICE looking!

not sure i can wait though
Link?

Haven't even been to the forum yet. The power of black will lead me there now.

If it isn't going to be months, I may put the brakes on.
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

sorry just updated my post with the link

the pic is in post 9 on that

thanks
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
sorry just updated my post with the link

the pic is in post 9 on that

thanks
Cheers brother!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search