The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neve / Se RN17 Condenser Microphones
Old 15th December 2010
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Sweet, I love all those capsule options. I'm glad to see RN and SE putting out another mic, as I'm still digging my RNR1. Can't wait to hear more about it. - paul
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Addict

The RNR1 is awesome, heard it loved it bought it. So... this baby here looks promising as well.
Old 16th December 2010
Glad to hear others like the RNR1. I bought two and love that mic on many things. When I didn't really need stereo, tried to sell one and seemed like no one was jazzed about them but me. Killer mics, and I'd love to try this one.
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

I'm wondering what the self noise will be...
Old 18th December 2010
bee
Lives for gear

Looks sweet! Anyone know the pricing?
Old 18th December 2010
bee
Lives for gear

MSRP is $1299, hopefully it will have nice streetprice.
Old 25th January 2011
Lives for gear

Wow, 7 posts already and it hasn't been bashed yet.

sE seem to have a very interesting way to do their thing. Quite surprised by the rather moderate price on this one, the RNR1 is expensive (probably worth it too). But I somehow gathered that the venture with Mr. Neve, both a genius in audio and in business, was a pricey one and that the benefit of sE pricing / quality strategy would be long gone. Wrong, hopefully. Great news !
Old 25th January 2011
Lives for gear

RNR1 is great offering, surpassed my expectations, hopefully RN17 will continue with good surprises.
Old 2nd February 2011
Lives for gear

Beautiful looking mic.

Glad to see they made the ass-end huge for a "massive custom Rupert Neve designed transformer".

Also the world's smallest gold-sputtered capsule, coming in at 17mm.

I guess the electronics are all Rupert Neve Designs as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Neve / Se RN17-media.jpeg  
Old 3rd February 2011
Gear Maniac

The Capsule and the body were designed by Siwei and his team at sE the electronics and transformer were done by Mr. Neve.
Old 3rd February 2011
Gear Maniac

The Capsule and the body were designed by Siwei and his team at sE the electronics and transformer were done by Mr. Neve.
Old 14th July 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
MSRP is $1299, hopefully it will have nice streetprice.

We will be showing the sE RN17 SP [Stereo Pairs] at the Summer NAMM, booth #219, July 21-23rd. Please come check them out!

The factory matched Stereo Pair ship in a beautiful wooden box, with 2 of our innovative shockmounts, cardioid capsules, room to hold the range of capsules, and a stereo bar, all in a rugged flight case, for a MSRP of $3,149.00. Singles are at a MSRP of $1,499.00.
Old 22nd March 2015
Read a glowing review of this microphone in Sound on Sound and Tape op. RN17 condenser mic | Reviews | Tape Op - the Creative Music Recording Magazine

Was looking for a mic for acoustic guitars and a mic that is currently being made. The KM184 was my top choice , but this one really looks amazing.
Old 24th March 2015
I am also interested in this microphone as well. Looks great, spec's impressive and the limited examples I heard make it seem really nice. The KM184 appears to have more top end while this mic is more even.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search