The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SpectrumWorx 2.1 fo Mac! Special Ef­fects Plugins
Old 15th December 2010
Here for the gear

Wink SpectrumWorx 2.1 fo Mac - Happy Holidays sale - 40% off!!!!

Hi everyone,
We've just released SpectrumWorx 2.1. This is first version supporting Mac OS X ! More at LittleEndian.com!

Cheers!
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

I'd suggest making it AU as well you'll get allot more interest from the mac side of things
this is what i get when i wrap it and open it up in logic
Attached Thumbnails
SpectrumWorx 2.1 fo Mac!-sw.jpg  
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

liking the sound examples on your page!

will try it out!
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Great that it's now on Mac! I've actually been waiting for that to happen. However, I have to second the call for an AU version, mainly Logic over here...
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

I've got and am already using it on the Mac. After waiting months I am thrilled to have it. I use alot of spectral dsp in my sound design work and am really enjoying this bundle.

But I too, encourage Little Endian to make an AU.

I have the VST - AU wrapper from FXpansion and get the same dead plug in even though it appeared to work well.

Admittedly, this doesn't affect me too much as I use Nuendo 5 primarily but I still go to Logic 9 occasionally and it would be nice to have it working there.

But, I must say again how much I'm enjoying the plugs.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

There's a nice sale on this until Jan. 9, 2011.
Old 29th December 2010
Here for the gear

Hi guys!
Thanks for the good words!

Of course we will do AU. Mac without AU makes no sense.

Here are some of the things we plan for the following months:
- synced LFOs
- AU support
- new modules (Freezer, Convolver, (some sort of) Octaver, etc.)
- signature preset packs
- skin(s)

This will all be covered with current license (valid from v2.0.0 to v2.9.9), so you will just need to update with every release, without additional payment.

Happy Holidays with 40% discount!
Old 29th December 2010
Glad to hear AU is on its way- I will purchase when AU is out.
Thanks!thumbsup
Old 31st December 2010
Gear Head

Impressive work, Daniel.

You might want to talk to the guy behind admiral-quality (poly-ana), he uses some freeware, open-source VST to AU wrapper for all his synths and effect units, but the name of it escapes me. He can help you out if you just shoot him a quick question.

One thing though; your pitch shifter sounds terrible. That's a problem that happens anytime you shift *all* frequencies by the same amount.

Look at Hematohm: Ohm Force :: les cuisines du Ohm Studio (and try the demo) to see what I mean. That plugin sounds absolutely beautiful, since it does some advanced work to keep everything in tune. I haven't looked into what it does, but if you can replicate it you'll completely replace the need for Hematohm.

Either way, superb job. What a fun tool you've created!

Oh, one more thing, the vector interface doesn't look very good. The gradients and such remind me of a cheap Flash animation, that's not a good thing. A redesign will make it appeal more to professional users. Plugin graphics matter immensely and affect impressions through the placebo effect and expectation bias. Seeing a beautiful plugin will cause us to perceive increased audio quality, and vice versa with uglier plugins. So think about that.

I'm going to keep an eye on this and maybe buy a license. It would be worth the price for me if you manage to replicate Hematohm.

Chris
Old 31st December 2010
Gear Head

Actually, I'll buy a license right away. I kept trying things in the demo and absolutely love the sound design possibilities. Also, the fact that we have individual per-knob LFOs is insane.

I won't be able to use it in my main host until AU support arrives, though, but this is good enough that I have no hesitation about buying it ahead of time.

I also read that you need to implement host-tempo syncing of the LFOs? That would indeed be super important if that's not possible at the moment.

Finally, I can always dream that you'll replicate the Hematohm frequency shifter so that SpectrumWorx truly becomes all-in-one. ;-)

Chris
Old 31st December 2010
Here for the gear

Hi Chris,
Your feedback is so valuable, if we had more people like you... thank you so much for that! All comments will be remembered. We'll drop you a line when we have next beta-test, maybe you'd be interested...

I am very glad you are having fun with the plug.
Cheers!
Old 31st December 2010
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danijel.Domazet View Post
Hi Chris,
Your feedback is so valuable, if we had more people like you... thank you so much for that! All comments will be remembered. We'll drop you a line when we have next beta-test, maybe you'd be interested...

I am very glad you are having fun with the plug.
Cheers!
I'm glad to hear this, Danijel, I'm definitely up for beta-testing. I've beta tested for other audio companies in the past and will provide valuable feedback. I just registered your plug-in, so you have my registration details ([email protected]). Just send me an email to that address whenever you need testing.

If you're wondering why I have your company name as the email address, it's because my domain is actually a catch-all inbox which accepts [email protected], so I make it a habit to put the company names as my email when I register on sites, makes it easy to filter mail and stuff like that.

I have to say the geek inside me likes your company name a lot. heh

I wish you a happy new year and success with your company!

Chris
Old 8th January 2011
Lives for gear

For those waiting... don't
These plugs are amazing. I bought them the moment V2.0 was available for the MAC. ( I had been emailing them every couple months begging for an intel Mac VST!).

I use Nuendo 5 and these plugs and GRM are serious must haves for game sound designers imho!

Well done Little Endian.
Old 8th January 2011
Lives for gear

No RTAS
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search