The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EMpTy 250 Reverb version 2.0 is available!
Old 4th November 2010
Lives for gear

Press-Announcement
Launch Native ERS EMpTy 250 v2.0
On the 1st of November 2010 Empty Room Systems releases their improved version of the EMpTy 250 reverb. The reverb, under the name EMpTy 250 software reverb, is a downloadable tool you can buy on the website Empty Room Systems - Home of the EMpTy 250 reverb. EMpTy Room Systems is a producer of audio processing software from the Netherlands founded in April 2009.

The original EMT250, the reverb is based on, audio lovers praise for its warm and lush reverb. ERS identified its specifics and reinvented the sound in a modern technology tool. The warm welcome of the pilot and enhancing quality since, now results in this new commercial release. Through a simple concept download –and-pay-plug in-and-play, the reverb can be used in all the common programs that support the VST format like Nuendo, Cubase etc, without internal DSP-cards, external boxes or dongles are necessary. The AU /MAC VST version is under development, this version will use ilok protection and will need the ilok dongle.

The EMpTy 250 reverb has been updated with:
1. new and smaller user interface,
2. a carefully designed 14 pole input/output filter combined with a steep sweepable highcut filter,
3. an improved classic algorithm that is more transparent and has improved mono compatibility,
4. an extra modern algorithm. This setting is specially build for melodic instruments. It sounds a bit repetitive on percussive sounds, but on guitar, piano etc it sounds much richer then the vintage algorithm,
5. 5.1 sound support , with volume control on every channel,
6. a new front/back switch. In 5.1 mode it also reverses the front and surround channels,
7. an installer that helps with installing and uninstalling the plug-in. The installer will add the plug-in to the VST directory and will create a shortcut for the manual,
8. presets and a presetshandler, so it is easier to start working with the EMpTy 250,
9. numerous bug fixes.

The update of this reverb, based on the first digital reverb machine (the EMT-250), will be available for purchase on 1st of November 2010. We will also provide a limited functional demo. On our web-site several wave-files will be available, showing the sound of this updated plug-in. The update for version 2.0 is free for all the existing official 1.0 owners. For new costumers it is available for € 129,-- at the webshop of Empty Room Systems - Home of the EMpTy 250 reverb.
Old 19th November 2010
Lives for gear

Maintenance update 2.01 is available with special introductionprice.
Old 22nd November 2010
Why I cant download the demo?
Old 22nd November 2010
Lives for gear

Old 22nd November 2010
Thank you very much. Are your EMT algo emulated after original EMT 250?
Old 22nd November 2010
Lives for gear

I am currently building a special demo-download for Sonar and Samplitude users. These host have some problems with the 5.1/ 2.0 handler I have build. So If your using these host, please wait till I made this version. Nuendo/Cubase/Reaper will be fine with this version.
Old 22nd November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubeman View Post
Thank you very much. Are your EMT algo emulated after original EMT 250?
Yes, the algo is basically the same. It is not identical, but the differences are relative small IMHO.
Old 22nd November 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froombosch
I am currently building a special demo-download for Sonar and Samplitude users. These host have some problems with the 5.1/ 2.0 handler I have build. So If your using these host, please wait till I made this version. Nuendo/Cubase/Reaper will be fine with this version.
Ok. Then I will wait!
Old 22nd November 2010
Lives for gear

Hello George,

I'll send you the temporary fixed version tomorrow. This version is stereo only.
Old 23rd November 2010
TNM
Lives for gear
how far away is a mac version, realistically?
Old 23rd November 2010
Lives for gear

I will get the AU, MAC VST version in the first week of december. In the meantime I am researching the iLok. If all goes well it should be first or second week of december.
Old 23rd November 2010
Lives for gear

Old 23rd November 2010
DSK
Lives for gear

I tried to demo it in Ableton's Live and got a lot of crashes...

EDIT : 5.1 bug now works perfectly well no issues and great sounds

Last edited by DSK; 24th November 2010 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: RESOLVED!
Old 24th November 2010
Lives for gear

The EMpTy 250 stereo version? Which version of live?
Old 24th November 2010
DSK
Lives for gear

Was using the other version.

Got the stereo version WORKS PERFECTLY WELL NOW!

And sounds very good too! Great job! It sounds really realistic to my ears...

I tried it on the new PPG Wave demo from Waldorf and it really added something nice to it!

Definitely on my to buy list!

The squad from the Reverb subculture is really up to something here.

Really great new reverbs and amazingly no overlapping...

Thanks for making the fix
Old 24th November 2010
Lives for gear

Your very welcome! And do not forget the additional algo (switch on the backplate). It can be very usefull on synths and other melodic instruments.
Old 25th November 2010
Lives for gear

I took the update for a test drive and i must say, the new algorithms sound great. Seems to give more of a sense of space then before. This is just what the doctor ordered! Clean and natural but still with personality. I have the Sonar version and so far it seems to be working properly. Great job! This reverb was already a winner and the update just made it VERY impressive. From all the reverbs i've tried this Empty 250 is my favorite algorithmic reverb on the Native platform. Keep up the great work, i'm looking forward to trying more of your work!
Old 25th November 2010
Gear Head

hey i agree, its awsome
it has a very special and musical character to it that i never heard before in a reverb :P

very interesting, and the new graphics they look good :D
Old 25th November 2010
DSK
Lives for gear

This one really does the trick to get a sense of natural space... Very good especially if you're like me and like unnatural reverbs.. stumbleing into one that does natural really good is very refreshing!
Old 26th November 2010
SEB
Lives for gear

Sounds very nice!

BUT: Testing the stereo demo now with Nuendo 5 win7 64bit. One instance gives low load but firing up another instance of the 250 crashes Nuendo on an I7 980X and the VST-meter goes bananas!
Old 26th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEB View Post
Sounds very nice!

BUT: Testing the stereo demo now with Nuendo 5 win7 64bit. One instance gives low load but firing up another instance of the 250 crashes Nuendo on an I7 980X and the VST-meter goes bananas!
Harrie...same thing for me in Samplitude. I was going to email you on this but hadn't really tested fully enough at this point to be sure. But yes, one stereo instance seems to be stable, but a second instance opened in a project causes instant crashes to the Windows desktop or massive CPU spikes and overloads.

BUT...I'm loving the sound and Scott's new GUI. Great work!!
Old 26th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froombosch View Post
Press-Announcement
Launch Native ERS EMpTy 250 v2.0
On the 1st of November 2010 Empty Room Systems releases their improved version of the EMpTy 250 reverb. The reverb, under the name EMpTy 250 software reverb, is a downloadable tool you can buy on the website Empty Room Systems - Home of the EMpTy 250 reverb. EMpTy Room Systems is a producer of audio processing software from the Netherlands founded in April 2009.

The original EMT-250, the reverb is based on, audio lovers praise for its warm and lush reverb. ERS identified its specifics and reinvented the sound in a modern technology tool. The warm welcome of the pilot and enhancing quality since, now results in this new commercial release. Through a simple concept download –and-pay-plug in-and-play, the reverb can be used in all the common programs that support the VST format like Nuendo, Cubase etc, without internal DSP-cards, external boxes or dongles are necessary. The AU /MAC VST version is under development, this version will use ilok protection and will need the ilok dongle.

The EMpTy 250 reverb has been updated with:
1. new and smaller user interface,
2. a carefully designed 14 pole input/output filter combined with a steep sweepable highcut filter,
3. an improved classic algorithm that is more transparent and has improved mono compatibility,
4. an extra modern algorithm. This setting is specially build for melodic instruments. It sounds a bit repetitive on percussive sounds, but on guitar, piano etc it sounds much richer then the vintage algorithm,
5. 5.1 sound support , with volume control on every channel,
6. a new front/back switch. In 5.1 mode it also reverses the front and surround channels,
7. an installer that helps with installing and uninstalling the plug-in. The installer will add the plug-in to the VST directory and will create a shortcut for the manual,
8. presets and a presetshandler, so it is easier to start working with the EMpTy 250,
9. numerous bug fixes.

The update of this reverb, based on the first digital reverb machine (the EMT-250), will be available for purchase on 1st of November 2010. We will also provide a limited functional demo. On our web-site several wave-files will be available, showing the sound of this updated plug-in. The update for version 2.0 is free for all the existing official 1.0 owners. For new costumers it is available for € 129,-- at the webshop of Empty Room Systems - Home of the EMpTy 250 reverb.
Sorry to see you are leaving Pro Tools users out of the game here...always interested in new reverbs.

TH
Old 26th November 2010
Lives for gear

Thank you for the reports and the nice words about the sound. I'll look into this bug. I have now 4 different host on my DAW so I must be able to replicate it. I'll combine all bugfixes in a maintenance update. I am also working on the upcomming MAC releases and a new project, so I am pretty busy.

Protools is not one of the four host for now. I did not try it yet, first some other priorities.
Old 26th November 2010
Downloaded the demo. When Reaper scanned for the dll my whole system crashed. I then re booted and when I tried to open the plug my system crashed again! Had to de install.
Old 26th November 2010
Lives for gear

PM-ed. One of the four DAW's I have here is Reaper.
Old 26th November 2010
tested it (1hour) on cubase 5 and samplitude 11pro. runs fine.

and it seems it's an awesome reverb. good work! will report more when I really used it to mix something for more then an hour. thumbsup
Old 26th November 2010
SEB
Lives for gear

George,

have you tried more than 1 instance of the 250 in Cubase?
Old 26th November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEB View Post
George,

have you tried more than 1 instance of the 250 in Cubase?
no. only one on my Aux.

why?

btw.. I am on cubase 5.5?.. the one before the update which was released some days ago.
32bit Windows 7
Old 26th November 2010
SEB
Lives for gear

One instance gives low load but firing up another instance of the 250 crashes Nuendo on an I7 980X and the VST-meter goes bananas! Wondering if it`s like this in Cubase?
Old 26th November 2010
Lives for gear

Hello Seb,

I cannot replicate it in my DAW's. But I have some ideas why this is happening (security), so I'll ask one of the beta testers who has the same problem to test some of the solution I am thinking of.

This is a serious bug IMHO and we will adress it. It is sometimes needed to use 8 instances of the reverb

Kind regards,
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search