The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neyrinck V-Control iPad Controllers for Pro Tools
Old 3rd November 2010

Two new iPad apps, V-Control and V-Control Pro, which are multi-touch controllers for Pro Tools. V-Control and V-Control Pro provide access to transport, editing, and mixing functions of any Pro Tools system connected to a WiFi network. V-Control provides basic features for portable, mouse-free recording and mixing while V-Control Pro provides fully-featured, professional control comparable to expensive hardware control surfaces. Both apps utilize the iPad surface and the iOS operating system to provide innovative features such as a big counter overlay, swipe gesturing to bank channels, and a popover plug-in editor. In tandem with an iPad, V-Control and V-Control Pro’s portability, small footprint, and ease-of-use provide a powerful addition for any Pro Tools user.

V-Control and V-Control Pro require an iPad running iOS 3.2 or later and are compatible with Pro Tools 7.0 and later on both Mac OS X and Windows systems. The Pro Tools system must be connected to local area network with a WiFi access point. The Pro Tools system must be running the free Ney-Fi utility available for download at neyrinck.com. V-Control and V-Control Pro are sold through the Apple App Store in the iPad.
Old 3rd November 2010
Curiosity is peaked... looking forward to screen shots / demo.
Old 5th November 2010
QTM
Gear Head

Wow! Looking really forward to this! Is there a release date?
Old 12th November 2010
Here for the gear

Anyone Get Pics At AES? Dying to see more info.

Pil
Old 13th November 2010
Lives for gear

Its just been released...
Old 13th November 2010
There is no response on the web site - Updating? or it's such a popular app there website is getting hammered (DOS?) heh
Old 13th November 2010
It's in the App Store w/ pics.

$19.99 or $49.99 for Pro.
Old 13th November 2010
Lives for gear

Looks sweet! Lots of controls, floating windows.. Check out everything in the Edit window..

Old 13th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonewar View Post
Can that popup window be made full screen? I'm not interested in toy faders, since I have a MC Mix, but I'd love that scrub area and those buttons next to me..
Old 13th November 2010

I'm hangin for the waves ipad controller..

Matt
Old 13th November 2010
Gear Nut

Anyone know how this compares to the Far Out Labs ProRemote??
ProRemote iPad Gallery
Considering it is half the price!!
Old 13th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinAiken View Post
Can that popup window be made full screen? I'm not interested in toy faders, since I have a MC Mix, but I'd love that scrub area and those buttons next to me..
It doesn't look that way.. You could just leave the popup always on though.
Old 13th November 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
Anyone know how this compares to the Far Out Labs ProRemote??
ProRemote iPad Gallery
Considering it is half the price!!
I have ProRemote, which I've been using with Logic. As soon as I get PT9 I'll be getting V-Control Pro and will do a comparison.

One of the main features of ProRemote is that it comes up as four Mackie Controls and controls 32 channels at a time. In landscape mode you have 16 channels on screen at once and can scroll left and right to get to the additional 16 without having to bank.

It looks like V-Control offers more specific PT controls, but controls eight channels at a time. I like the method for banking though.. single finger swipe in the fader area for one channel bank, two finger swipe for eight channel bank.
Old 14th November 2010
I bought V-Control to use on an HD3 system in an edit suite. The only complain so far is stereo track meters only show one side. So No Stereo metering
Old 14th November 2010
Lives for gear

For the first time ever I find myself wanting an iPad. Would love to see a youtube video of this in action...
Old 14th November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmrx View Post
For the first time ever I find myself wanting an iPad. Would love to see a youtube video of this in action...
Same here. Is it fluid? With all the visual feedback, is the GUI responsive? Transport delay?
Old 19th November 2010
Lives for gear
Mmmm, Pro version is not working at all well for me for some reason. I haven't nailed the reason as yet, but it's reall flakey and will not transmit to PTs9 at all, even though it appears to be receiving... sometimes.

Just a followup: Paul Neyrinck has contacted me to assist in resolving my problem. (that's great service!)

I've discovered that when using 4.2(beta3) on the iPad (don't ask), the iPad need a full re-boot for it to work.

Last edited by mattrixx; 21st November 2010 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: update on status
Old 20th November 2010
Transport is very quick thumbsup
Old 20th November 2010
Lives for gear

just bought the pro version to use with pt 9.
Old 29th November 2010

I purchased it and have tried the full reboot and it still does not work well
Old 29th November 2010

I wanted to reply since I'm back at the studio. I started using a dedicated ad hoc network for it an it is rocking thus far.
Old 29th November 2010
Lives for gear
Just thought I'd mention that it works extremely well with LogicPro as well. Stands to reason as Logic has full HUI support also.
In fact there's no reason to believe it work with a lot of HUI capable software.

Of course the edit functions will not work, but I'm sure, given time, you could map them to various Logic functions for example.
Old 30th November 2010
Lives for gear

I just bought the non-pro version because I didn't want to dump $50 into this without checking it out.

I'm actually pretty amazed! Anyone know if there's an upgrade path to the pro version?
Old 30th November 2010
Lives for gear

Hey Guys

Dumb question if i may. i was about to install it in PT 9 as HUI like the instructions say but then realized i have my artist series already setup in PT 9 and Logic 9 as eucon

is it ok to now add the v control as hui and run both sets of controllers, one eucon and one HUI at the same time?

thanks

tim
Old 2nd December 2010
Gear Nut

This is rad. First time I've ever been tempted to buy an Apple product.

clonewar (or anyone else who's tried both): how does it compare to the ProRemote software?

i have to say that I love the size of the IPad and it seemed cool to play with for the few moments I spent with it (despite my not being an Apple guy).
Old 2nd December 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by trock View Post
Hey Guys

Dumb question if i may. i was about to install it in PT 9 as HUI like the instructions say but then realized i have my artist series already setup in PT 9 and Logic 9 as eucon

is it ok to now add the v control as hui and run both sets of controllers, one eucon and one HUI at the same time?

thanks

tim
I THINK (but do not know) that Logic allows more than one controller, but PT doesn't. At least that is how it use to be.

Matt
Old 6th December 2010
Does anyone know how well this works if your computer is just using wifi and not hardwired?
Old 12th December 2010
I sprung and bought this. Seamless with PT9. Great purchase.
Old 22nd January 2011
Here for the gear

problem with v-Control pro

Hello, I installed Ney-Fi on my computer and V-Control pro on the ipad.I am running PT 7.4.2, OSX 10.5.8. Ipad is connected to Wifi, computer by ethernet to the router. They are on the same LAN (as far as I know). V-control can't find my computer,
I tried starting PT first, then Ney-Fi, then V-Control, then in any order. Rebooting, repairing permission,.....etc. But still no success.
The computer has no firewall.

Any idea? Any hints?
Need to mix 2 programs next week and would like to use V-Control pro for them.

Thanks
Old 22nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Main question I have are the faders automated? Deal breaker for me. I bought the AC Pro, nice control of DAW's, but the faders don't link to the settings in ProTools.
📝 Reply