The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL Nucleus - official info released
Old 13th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
No sorry, they can’t
OK got it. Thank you
Old 14th July 2018
Here for the gear

Are there any Nucleus owners out there who are using it successfully as a controller with Digital Performer?

I asked SSL and MOTU if either had a Profile for it, but no luck.

Works great for me with Logic Pro X, but not so great with DP.

Last edited by spiritguitar; 19th July 2018 at 07:44 PM..
Old 8th August 2018
Here for the gear

Hello,
I purchased a second hand Nucleus but still wondering how to make it work.
I am running Logic on a Mac Pro and Mac book pro running on OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite.
When I launch NucleusRemote I get the message that no java 1.5+ is not available. I installed the very last java version though.
I can't find anywhere Java SE 5 legacy archive. Can't find any similar problem on the forums.
Help would be very appreciated!
Thank you
JC
Old 8th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdeep View Post
Hello,
I purchased a second hand Nucleus but still wondering how to make it work.
I am running Logic on a Mac Pro and Mac book pro running on OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite.
When I launch NucleusRemote I get the message that no java 1.5+ is not available. I installed the very last java version though.
I can't find anywhere Java SE 5 legacy archive. Can't find any similar problem on the forums.
Help would be very appreciated!
Thank you
JC
Contact SSL support- they are pretty good.
Old 8th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritguitar View Post
Are there any Nucleus owners out there who are using it successfully as a controller with Digital Performer?

I asked SSL and MOTU if either had a Profile for it, but no luck.

Works great for me with Logic Pro X, but not so great with DP.
You will need to alter a MCU/Logic profile to suit.
Old 17th August 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
You will need to alter a MCU/Logic profile to suit.
Thanks Octatonic for your reply. Since Nucleus 'just works' with Logic I decided to migrate most of my projects over from DP. The path of least resistance.
Old 11th December 2018
Here for the gear
Hello Jim,
I purchased a used Nucleus not long ago and I really like it. I just have one question. As far as plug-in control goes does it work across the board for all features of all plug-ins? I've been seeing that some of the features in Logic's stock plug-ins as well as some of the Waves plug-ins aren't assigned to the pots/faders. Is this a configuration thing or am I missing something? Please let me know and thanks.
Old 13th December 2018
Gear Addict

@ Jim : can you please confirm a Nucleus v1 with the latest firmware Will work with OS Mojave.
Whitout usb audio interface support ofcourse.
Thanks a million
Old 4th January 2019
Gear Addict

Very happy with my Nucleus V1.
Works perfectly with OS Mojave via usb-c ethernet adapter. No audio interface funtionality, but I do use the preamps and headphone monitoring. Nice stuff

So I confirm it works with the V2 drivers, Latest IPmidi and correct Mac OS midiport settings at the audio/midi utility enabling the ipmidi Ports.

I got my v1 modded with the V2 black sidepanels and other fadercaps ordered from SSL directly.
Attached Thumbnails
SSL Nucleus - official info released-35f0af73-3c58-4e60-a130-5f88dfadf8ae.jpg   SSL Nucleus - official info released-4a0c9e08-af8c-44f2-8cac-95d02a9c94a1.jpg   SSL Nucleus - official info released-10be4225-466b-4ac6-b153-c367a5e04330.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Hi,

Im a new user of Nucleus v1 with Cubase 9.5 and SSL Sigma. Its working perfectly for me.

I only have a doubt, is there any Cubase 9.5 profile for the Nucleus?

Maybe if there is a totally compatible profile, if you select a track with the mouse, automatically the banks move to that position in the Nucleus. Is that possible?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search