The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RME Fireface UFX
Old 12th October 2010
Here for the gear

RME Fireface UFX

Seems like there's a new RME interface coming; the Fireface UFX. Someone at the Dutch homerecording (nieuw ? rme Fireface ufx - homerecording.be forum) community saw an announcement and posted it to the community.
There already seems to be a product page that hasn't been linked anywhere yet: RME: Fireface UFX

Anyone got more information on this, I did a search but couldn't find any threads yet? It seems to be a possible succesor of the fireface 800...
Old 12th October 2010
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

looks like a replacement for the FF800, although i don't know the price range. it's about time, i guess. i thought this might be coming, glad i sold mine when i did...
Old 12th October 2010
Gear Maniac

Wonder if the new version will actually work properly....
Old 12th October 2010
Gear Addict

That looks AMAZING! Somehow I have the feeling it won't be cheap though.
The new totalmix fx looks killer. I wonder what that usb-memory connector would be.

bram
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

New converters i hope ?
Old 12th October 2010
USB 2 but no FW 800...
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
USB 2 but no FW 800...
FW400
Old 12th October 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
FW400
I am using Fireface UC and find it much smoother than MOTU 828mk3 via firewire on windows 7. It is suprising that RME does not upgrade their upcoming product to the latest FF800 and USB3.0!
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

RME Fireface UFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Phil
Wonder if the new version will actually work properly....
I've had my ff800 for over 3 years with no issues....rock solid on my PC with nuendo.
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

My FF800 have been running solid over here too on various flavors of OSX for many years, but the converters could really use an upgrade.
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

WOW, I wonder what the remote would be. something like Presonus central stationshehheh
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

I just noticed the lack of physical controls on the front panel ...That would make it less useful in stand-alone mode...

EDIT : Oh , i didn't see the part about the optional remote control..
Old 12th October 2010
Gear Addict

The RME ADI8-QS also has a small remote monitor control. Digital, not analogue attenuation.
The new Totalmix FX is ready for the babyface, but, as far as I can see, does not include dynamics, only eq and reverb.
If it's firewire 400 and usb2, I'm pretty confident that RME has found a way to make these work on low latency for 30 i/o, and that they just don't need usb3. Their USB technology is outstanding (see FF UC and babyface) with amazing latency figures.
Anyway, since the babyface is not out yet, we'll have to wait to hear any feedback on the new TotalmixFX. I hope they update their PCIe cards next. Can you image how powerful a MADI HDSPe would be with the new totalmix? 64 channel I/O, 32 independent submixes, zero latency eq and reverb.
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

the Babyface has FF800 ADs and M32DAs
M32s AD/DA converters at a reasonable price could turn the UFX into a huge selling hit
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

I had a short peak to their website before it vanished, and understood
the totalmix has eq, dyn, delay and reverb available up to 192 khz

Matti
Old 12th October 2010
Gear Addict

From the photos it looks like it includes two fully independent headphone outputs on analog channels 9/10 and 11/12. That's useful.
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaves666 View Post
I've had my ff800 for over 3 years with no issues....rock solid on my PC with nuendo.
I don't even notice mine... it just sits way back below the console.... working as it should.... 100% stable... more than I can say about my Ensemble, that's for sure....
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

it s not a replacement of the ff800, it will be their top audio interface , the a/d are based on their adi 8 qs converter and d/a m serie converter.

look like exaclty what i need, just hope it s not too much expensive
Old 12th October 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
From the photos it looks like it includes two fully independent headphone outputs on analog channels 9/10 and 11/12. That's useful.
I had a look through their product page, not thoroughly because I didn't expect it would vanish so soon. There was a datasheet on homerecording.be, but it seems like that one vanished also.
From what I recall, output 1 and 2 were on XLR, 3-8 balanced TRS and 9-10/11-12 stereo headphone jacks.

Old 12th October 2010
Here for the gear

Seems like the official release is planned for tommorow:

SAWStudio / SAC User Group - View Single Post - New RME Audiointerface
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

any infos about the price? i was thinking they will soon have a new interface as the ff800 is old ,now i can t wait.. already sold on it
Old 12th October 2010
um...yay! I know what I'm replacing my MR816 with now.
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Carstens on the RME forum
We will put all information on our website tomorrow anyway (including the manuals), so forget the links that you find in the web right now, they are rather incomplete or outdated. Just wait and please don't clutter the forum with obsolete posts (that we will have to delete again).

The UFX has been developed over more than 1.5 years, and nearly as long is it supported in our USB driver. The information had been there all day. Some of the specialized driver update sites have their robots searched through our driver archives and listed the UFX as well. Seems these sites are highly unpopular.

So who is the real 'uncoverer'?

1st place: Timur. Now this is a bit unfair, as he has seen a fully working unit in a secret demonstration already in march (Frankfurt Musikmesse). But he later pointed out that if you install the UC driver in Windows, the dialog of the Device Manager lists the Fireface UFX as supported device. Yet no one else seems to have ever noticed this. Same later when the FireWire driver got the support for the UFX as well.

2nd place: Arjan S., another fellow forum member. He had an issue with driver installation and had a look into the driver's inf file. Quote AS: "There is mention of the fireface ufx. With 2 ADAT connections, AES/EBU and 12 Analog in/out and the FX... Damn, looks very interesting." He easily extracted all this information from that file only. Well, you might not know that Arjan works as teacher at the SAE Amsterdam, and damn I wish I had teachers like that in my school time!

3rd place: frabo, again from this forum. The first post about the UFX I had to delete. He spotted the information on a website that I don't want to mention as that would give those rant only more perception.

The winners get their price at next years Musikmesse, means you have to come there and drink my cocktails - ... rotfl
Just to mention it again, there is no need nor benefit for USB 3 with audio-interfaces at this time. USB 2.0 not only has plenty of bandwidth but also offer low latency operation (and even after years after its publishing some chipsets still don't get it right).
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

wow! this thing looks great! i love RME. quality products with quality drivers. i've owned ff400, ff800, and currently HDSPe MADI... never a single issue. looks like i may own a ffufx in the near future!
Old 12th October 2010
Gear Maniac

Bought a FF800 two weeks ago... damn
Old 13th October 2010
Quote:
Bought a FF800 two weeks ago... damn
I hope they had a 30 day return policy.
Old 13th October 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumleymusic View Post
I hope they had a 30 day return policy.
Used unit
Old 13th October 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

You bought one of the (if not the) most reliable and well featured external audio interfaces ever and you're saying "damn". You think you could find this new unit (which isn't even meant to replace FF800) for anywhere near ~$1200? Just the puny Fireface UC is ~$1300 new. UFX will cost a LOT more.
📝 Reply