The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Slate Digital FG-X Mastering Processor (Dynamics Rack)
Old 5th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Press View Post
Its done, now we're updating the sight with a new user download system.. as soon as thats done, game on. thumbsup
So the new demo license for folks to re-test this will be the same iLok license, just renewed? Also, once one purchases that, will that iLok license be what is switched to purchsed vs. demo or will it require another one? I'm one of those folks who hates the idea you can't delete old demo, or no-longer-used licenses from iLok. I'm fine with one more though if need be once I buy it. It won't change my decision. Totally aware also that I can buy another iLok to transfer the old demos or unused purchased products to in order to make space. It's a ridiculous work-around, but it will work in the case of making space.
Old 5th July 2010
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Hi Mark, unfortunately in order to redemo it, we'll have to do another demo license. I'll work with PACE to see if there is any other way to do it. I'm not happy about the policy of not being able to delete ilok demo licenses either.
Old 5th July 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks for the response. I may just buy it outright anyway, as I'd planned
to. I'm sure they'll be an avalanche of other's opinions and examples I can
refer to posted on this thread. That should be very helpful regarding this.
Just let us know when hitting "buy" will get us the new, updated version.
Old 5th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, this new update has PPC support!
Most Xcellent! God bless... heh
Old 6th July 2010
Lives for gear

I'm back. Still today?
Old 6th July 2010

Hi Josh, most likely tomorrow. Our IT guys couldn't work much today because of the holiday. The new download system needs to be tested further.
Old 6th July 2010
Lives for gear

Hi Steve, hi Alex... Are you guys not checking PM's? I was wondering if you possibly knew when FG-X will be shipped to retailers like sweetwater? Thanks
- Bob
Old 6th July 2010
Quote:
Yes, this new update has PPC support!
Best news I've heard all week!
Old 6th July 2010
Gear Maniac

Man, some of you guys worked right through the holiday, posting on here and what not. It was refreshing to take three days off and head to the lake for some camping/wakeboarding and not have to keep checking on the FGX update. Funny thing is, this is the first thing I did when I got back to town. Ooops. Is it up yet? hahahaa
Old 7th July 2010
Lives for gear

Really cool tool, would suggest ( as I'm sure someone already has but the thread is too long to read right now ) a make up gain for the comp and a parallel wet/dry knob. Been playing with it since yesterday and I gotta say it beats the pants off of any limiter I've heard.
Good Job guys, literally foaming at the mouth waiting for the VCC plug.
Old 7th July 2010
Gear Guru

Is it soup yet?
Old 8th July 2010
Lives for gear

Available Now: Slate Digital FG-X Mastering Processor (Dynamics Rack)

So is it out? My ilok expires tomorrow & I need new auth for demo. I will buy as soon as I see new version works with my system.
Old 8th July 2010

I'll be making an announcement tomorrow. We'll be able to get people new demo authorizations.
Old 8th July 2010
Lives for gear

Fantastic.

- c
Old 8th July 2010
Gear Nut
Anyone got a link for the manual? I have looked through the site and haven't spotted it.

Curious how DSM would go used as a mild comp before FG-X, with FG-X handling loudness duties...anyone tried it?
Old 8th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzhead View Post
Anyone got a link for the manual? I have looked through the site and haven't spotted it.

Curious how DSM would go used as a mild comp before VG-X, with VG-X handling loudness duties...anyone tried it?
VG-X ?

You mean, FG-X .
Old 8th July 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not happy about the policy of not being able to delete ilok demo licenses either.
Yup, that policy sucks hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8th July 2010
I have an iLok code for FG-X that I didn't redeem as I wanted to see what the update would bring; will it still be valid for the new version?
Old 8th July 2010
Gear Addict

Alex, I purchased FG-X last saturday. I can't get my iLok asset. I don't get any feedback from you. Could you please take care of my open ticket.

Thanks,
Andreas
Old 8th July 2010
Closed