The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MIX with the MASTERS 2010 - A Series of Exceptional One-Week Masterclasses
Old 5th May 2010
News Desk Editor

MIX with the MASTERS 2010 - A Series of Exceptional One-Week Masterclasses

- MIX with the MASTERS 2010 - A Series of Exceptional One-Week Masterclasses in Music Production -

The 2010 Masterclass will welcome accomplished mix engineer & producer Michael Brauer and talented music producer, arranger & composer David Kahne in late August this year in the extraordinary Studios La Fabrique in Saint-Rémy de Provence, France.

MIX with the MASTERS is a chance for already highly skilled, motivated recording engineers to come and work closely with Michael Brauer (John Mayer, Regina Spektor, Coldplay, The Rolling Stones) and David Kahne (Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sugar Ray, Paul Mc Cartney) and improve their skill in music production. Over a week, a series of workshops will be held ranging from production and mixing techniques to career advices.

The conferences are held in the residential studios La Fabrique in the south of France
(www.studioslafabrique.com) from August 21st to August 27th 2010 and the participation fee is 3,300 euros for the entire week.

Guests are provided with accommodation and meals and will stay in the residential part of La Fabrique. They will be able to utilize the wonderful facilities the house has to offer including the swimming pool and the gardens.

There are only 12 positions available and there is a selection process. For more information or to submit an application, visit www.mixwiththemasters.com.
Old 6th May 2010
Lives for gear

This looks to be an amazing opportunity--I'm definitely applying!
Old 10th May 2010
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpianomn View Post
This looks to be an amazing opportunity--I'm definitely applying!
I think it's going to be alot of fun and educational(otherwise 12 angry people are gonna kick my ass)

Just so you get an idea of what will be going on, I'm going to be helping each of the 12 attendees in the seminar improve their craft by finding out their weaknesses and helping them find ways to improve. Alot of what I'll be discussing is about improving your mental approach toward mixing. Since it's open only to experienced engineer/mixers, you already know how to work the tools to express yourself. i want to share my experience of bringing the spirit out of a song. I hear a lot of mixes that stop where I begin. It's not just about getting a song to sound right, it's about getting the mix to touch the core of the listener's heart.
Old 12th July 2010
Gear Maniac

Done returning the form...

Time to withdraw funds from clients

It's my 1st time planning trip to europe...Should I have airplane ticket first before apllying France Visa?
Old 14th July 2010
Lives for gear

Video?

Congratulations on already filling the first session in August.

Considering the popularity of this Masterclass, are there plans to film the Masters behind the desk during the week? I for one, would be very interested in this! It wouldn't have to be a full blown production like MiLaR or Shane Wilson's Guide to Mixing. Even a fixed camera angle would be sufficient for me, just as long as the sound would be perfect.
Old 14th July 2010
Gear Addict

those mix it like a record snippets have me on the floor laughing. the camera work, script, and delivery are parody style!

Mix It Like A Record
Old 15th July 2010
how much does it cost`? heh
Old 28th July 2010
Gear Maniac

3200€ I was told
Old 28th July 2010
Gear Maniac

Acomodation and meals included
Old 10th August 2010
Gear Addict

OK, I'm going. 2nd session in September. I'm freakin' psyched.

Who else is going?

Joseph, are you in the 1st or 2nd session?
Old 10th August 2010
Gear Addict

ditto; #2!
Old 12th August 2010
Gear Maniac

I'm on 2nd Session (Sept)
Still waiting for Visa...

What happen in europe september-october? So many people from my country appling schengen visa...all schengen country fully booked for visa appointment...

May God let me attend the seminar..Amiiiin.

PS : @Justin, I just following you on twitter,please follow me back
Old 13th August 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph View Post
I'm on 2nd Session (Sept)
Still waiting for Visa...

What happen in europe september-october? So many people from my country appling schengen visa...all schengen country fully booked for visa appointment...

May God let me attend the seminar..Amiiiin.

PS : @Justin, I just following you on twitter,please follow me back
Yikes! Good luck with the visa! What a pain...

Found you on Twitter! See you soon in France...
Old 14th August 2010
Here for the gear

Hello everybody!
I am also in the second session
Hope to see you there !
Old 14th August 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven2007 View Post
Hello everybody!
I am also in the second session
Hope to see you there !
Awesome man! Will see you there for sure...

Just got the schedule in the email this morning. Looks so awesome and I'm really excited we get to bring some of our work!
Old 15th August 2010
Here for the gear

This is a great opportunity!
I was looking for training or something for me
improve in my work and I found this seminar a bit by
chance is really cool!
Old 15th August 2010

Could we have a look at the catering menu(s)? Planned after-session team events?

heh
Old 16th August 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique View Post
Could we have a look at the catering menu(s)? Planned after-session team events?

heh
I think there's a chef on staff at the studio, so I'm hoping for classic local Provencal food and wine. heh And more wine for end of day debriefing!
Old 16th August 2010
Here for the gear

I do not know, but if we are specialties of the region, I can
ensure that you eat well!
Old 16th August 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique View Post

heh
I am going to the first session. Are you?
Count me in for after-session eventsheh

I arrive in Marseille this thursday and am leaving from Marseille again sept the 1st. Was thinking maybe to rent a car and travel around. Hopefully do some audio related stuff, like visit other studios or vintage instrument shops etc. Any French sluts having any ideas for geeky sightseein in south of France?
Old 17th August 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
I am going to the first session. Are you?
Count me in for after-session eventsheh

I arrive in Marseille this thursday and am leaving from Marseille again sept the 1st. Was thinking maybe to rent a car and travel around. Hopefully do some audio related stuff, like visit other studios or vintage instrument shops etc. Any French sluts having any ideas for geeky sightseein in south of France?
Have a great time! It would be awesome if you'd report back here about the week for us 2nd session folks. I've already had 4 or 5 of the 2nd session people contact me.

I too will have about 10 days afterwards. I'm flying out of Spain so I have a little time to see both countries. heh
Old 31st August 2010
Gear Addict

yeah lets hear about it! any tips for making the most of it?
Old 11th September 2010
Lives for gear

The August & September sessions are over, so... how was it?
And was there any filming during the Masterclasses?

Love to hear more!
Old 25th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBlizz View Post
The August & September sessions are over, so... how was it?
And was there any filming during the Masterclasses?

Love to hear more!
Yes, how was it? Im thinking about joining this years classes. Was it helpful? Money well spent? It seems like it
Old 26th January 2011
Gear Addict

It was amazing. Way more came together for me as a result of this than I ever could have imagined. It's really hard to describe what happened that week and what I learned, but it was one of the greatest and most memorable experiences of my entire career. The other guys in the seminar were incredible, too. When I heard their work I was humbled to even be there in the first place. I learned (and continue to learn) as much from them as I did from Michael. This alone was worth it.

Also, the guys that run MWTM are awesome. They took really good care of us. The studio is super chill and it's a great experience just to be there. The food is good and the wine is plentiful.

I have no idea what the vibe of future MWTM sessions will be. They have some incredible talent coming in. Who knows what the other "masters" will be like, but if Michael does it again you're in for a ride.
Old 26th January 2011
Gear Maniac

+1 thumbsup

It was my first trip to europe.

And meet one of my fav Mixer, Michael Brauer, watch him on board, riding the faders, turn up the barefoot, chat with him about career, audio and Bicycle is unbelievable for me. I can tell you my story, but I'm not sure you want to read it.

I got my visa 2 days before my departure day. Man, I can't imagine if france embassy not authorize it.

It took 20 hours from my country to La Fabrique Studio, st Remy de provence...and like Justin say, it was one of the most greatest and most memorable experiences!
I have new awesome engineer friends from other parts of the globe now, the real one, not from social networking website or forum.

Ooh, we had a special "day" that make us more tied together and closer as human and friends.

When you attend the seminar, Please send my regards to Lou Lou..will you?

It was FunTastic!

Goodluck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by telejustin View Post
It was amazing. Way more came together for me as a result of this than I ever could have imagined. It's really hard to describe what happened that week and what I learned, but it was one of the greatest and most memorable experiences of my entire career. The other guys in the seminar were incredible, too. When I heard their work I was humbled to even be there in the first place. I learned (and continue to learn) as much from them as I did from Michael. This alone was worth it.

Also, the guys that run MWTM are awesome. They took really good care of us. The studio is super chill and it's a great experience just to be there. The food is good and the wine is plentiful.

I have no idea what the vibe of future MWTM sessions will be. They have some incredible talent coming in. Who knows what the other "masters" will be like, but if Michael does it again you're in for a ride.
Old 28th January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph View Post
+1 thumbsup

It was my first trip to europe.

And meet one of my fav Mixer, Michael Brauer, watch him on board, riding the faders, turn up the barefoot, chat with him about career, audio and Bicycle is unbelievable for me. I can tell you my story, but I'm not sure you want to read it.

I got my visa 2 days before my departure day. Man, I can't imagine if france embassy not authorize it.

It took 20 hours from my country to La Fabrique Studio, st Remy de provence...and like Justin say, it was one of the most greatest and most memorable experiences!
I have new awesome engineer friends from other parts of the globe now, the real one, not from social networking website or forum.

Ooh, we had a special "day" that make us more tied together and closer as human and friends.

When you attend the seminar, Please send my regards to Lou Lou..will you?

It was FunTastic!

Goodluck!
Joseph pretty much sums it all up. And yes, if you go make sure you get to hang with Lou Lou.
Old 13th June 2011
Gear Head

Old 17th March 2012
Gear Head

MIX with the MASTERS 2012 - Exceptional One-Week Music Production Seminars

We are honored to welcome back mix engineer MICHAEL BRAUER and record producer DAVID KAHNE from AUGUST 19 to AUGUST 25, 2012 at Studio La Fabrique (www.studioslafabrique.com) in France for an exclusive one-week seminar.

Over a week, a series of workshops will be held ranging from production, recording and mixing techniques to career advices.
DAVID KAHNE will produce and record a new song with a guest band and MICHAEL BRAUER will mix it.
Attendees are provided with catering services (breakfast, lunch and diner) as well as accommodation within the mansion during the entire week.
They will be able to enjoy the great facilities the house has to offer including the swimming pool, the fitness center and the gardens.

MICHAEL BRAUER will also conduct a unique week-long mixing seminar from SEPTEMBER 1 to SEPTEMBER 7, 2012.

Apply as early as possible, there is very limited enrollment!

For more information or to submit an application, please visit:
http://www.mixwiththemasters.com
MixWithTheMASTERS's Channel - YouTube

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search