The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Orange Amps - All-in-one computer amplifier speaker – The OPC
Old 17th April 2010
News Desk Editor

Orange Amps - All-in-one computer amplifier speaker – The OPC

Orange Amplifiers, the British based pioneering force in guitar amplifiers, are proud to announce the launch of the revolutionary all-in-one computer amplifier speaker – The OPC.

The project has been several years in the making and as a pioneering force in guitar amplifiers, they have used their expertise in sound technology, engineering and electronics to build a new generation of computers that incorporate the best of both worlds: latest computer technology with integrated tools for the modern musician and music lovers.

The revolutionary all-in-one computer amplifier speaker – The OPC is 100% designed and built in the UK. It is a fully integrated computer with internal speaker which delivers playing, recording, editing and computing capabilities to musicians and music aficionados. This is the first computer of its kind that you can connect yourself and your music to the digital world simply by plugging in your instrument.

The OPC will be leading the way with a number of ‘Firsts’:

- The first computer of its kind to have a built-in high powered speaker which delivers superb full range hi-fi quality sounds as well as vintage guitar sounds.

- The first computer to have a universal input jack enabling users to plug in a multitude of musical instruments (guitar, keyboard etc ) and peripherals such as the iPod, MP3 players, microphone’s.

- A unique cooling system to ensure air goes in and exits only after cooling the internal computer

As a fully fledged computer it has 4GB DDR2 RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, Intel chips, Windows 7 x64 home premium, 8 x USB2.0 ports, is Wi-Fi enabled and has a graphics card with optional ATI 5670 512MB card for those who may want to play a few games while they put their guitars down. The first models will include modelling software incorporating computer samples of vintage and current Orange amps and cabinets as well as free branded recording software package. Once plugged in, you can then use the software included to create music or choose your guitar sound and then play, record and hear your guitar through the computer!

The OPC is compact, very portable, sexy and beautifully Orange! It takes many of its design cues from Orange’s, instantly recognisable, brightly coloured Orange Amplifiers and picture-frame cabinets and once again makes Orange stand out from the crowd.

The OPC is due to be released in June 2010 and the price will be announced shortly. For further information news please see the website Orange Amplifiers
Attached Thumbnails
Orange Amps - All-in-one computer amplifier speaker – The OPC-opc-final-pic1.jpg   Orange Amps - All-in-one computer amplifier speaker – The OPC-opc-img_0800-final-pic.jpg   Orange Amps - All-in-one computer amplifier speaker – The OPC-opc-img_0870-final-pic.jpg   Orange Amps - All-in-one computer amplifier speaker – The OPC-orange-pc-o.jpg  
Old 17th April 2010
Gear Maniac

what a freaking great idea... i bet this will sell like pus*y
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

That's hilarious. Is there a British version of April Fool's Day or something?
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

A harddisk in a speaker enclosure... Does it come with a data warranty?

Herwig
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

There was a really big hole in the pc/GTR amp market so........
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

Meh, I'm waiting for the iAmp!
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

How are you going to close mic when the hardrives are banging right next to the speaker your attempting to record!>?
A better idea would have been to use a solidstate hd.
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

I was just thinking I needed something like this.

- c
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

say what???

I´d rather have a truthfully recreated, worn out sounding vintage 70´s Orange 4x12" which you come by every once in a while in a really great studio....my guitar tech/luthier has one, that I´d kill for....slays all modern cabs!
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
heh
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is there a British version of April Fool's Day or something?
Yes. We call it 'April Fool's Day'.

Old 17th April 2010
Quote:
Apparently not.

Orange Amps | Features | ORANGE LAUNCHES ITS NEW PC DIVISION WITH THE INTRODUCTION OF THE OPC - AN ALL-IN-ONE COMPUTER AMPLIFIER SPEAKER !!

I think this takes the cake for most bizarre (actual) product I've ever seen.
Old 17th April 2010
Gear Addict

Someones been hitting the green stuff pretty hard..
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

<------ That sums it up pretty well.

The only thing thats sadder than this brain fart of a crack head is the person who is gonna buy it.
Old 17th April 2010
Gear Head

Until I went to their site I thought this was all a wind up. WTF are they thinking? That is the most insane gadget I've ever seen. Probably worth snapping one up though cause in 10 years it's going to be worth a fortune....
Old 17th April 2010
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorg View Post
The only thing thats sadder than this brain fart of a crack head is the person who is gonna buy it.
Found him heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt_rissole View Post
Probably worth snapping one up though cause in 10 years it's going to be worth a fortune....
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

back2mono
Old 17th April 2010
Gear Maniac

/??

That thing is ridiculous. I love Orange though an wish them the best of luck with it.
Old 17th April 2010
Gear Maniac

Just when you think everything has been thought of already...
Old 17th April 2010
Gear Addict

I thought this was a joke when I saw it last night on gearwire, but apparently not. This is going to be a fatal mistake for Orange, they are not that big of a company and I have no idea where they thought they were going with a silly idea like this. For some reason this reminds me of the amp the Doc. Brown made in the first Back to the Future movieheh
I can't wait to see the reviews.
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Wu View Post
back2mono
heh I was thinking the same thing.

fail!
Old 17th April 2010
Gear Maniac

Brought to you by the inventor of the underwater barbecue and the inflatable dart board...heh

Never mind the effect the magnet on the speaker is going to have on the hard disks, video card, cd burner, etc...
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

Hahaha, what? I wonder if it's roadworthy. Might be a cool way to have a computer onstage without looking like one.
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

"and has a graphics card with optional ATI 5670 512MB card for those who may want to play a few games while they put their guitars down."

LOL!
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

Now all I need is a British phone box and one of these and I will be able to navigate time and space just like Dr. Who heh
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
+1. Except it's over 2 weeks late. This is baffling to me. WTF?
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

Whats the deal with the matching orange Toilet seat? It was silly enough as it was..
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear

For further details, contact;
Tel ; +44 208 905 2828

UK'ers: please call them on Monday!
Old 17th April 2010
Lives for gear
im confused. this makes no sense. Ill withhold my judgment until I actually see it....actually I wont. WTF???

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search