The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pod Farm Platinum V2...
Old 31st March 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I was all set to upgrade and switch to iLok until I saw this:

"Q: I purchased a Model Pack for my Line 6 audio interface and now I want to "crossgrade" to the iLok version of the plug in. Will I lose my model packs?

A: If you "crossgrade" to the STANDARD POD Farm for iLok then yes. Model packs are not transferable from a Line 6 device over to an iLok key. However, you can purchase POD Farm 2 Platinum for iLok at a special "crossgrade" price. See the online store for details."

Not transferable? I was under the understanding that the model packs were mine if i bought them. Seems like a huge rip off for me to have to buy them again. This makes no sense whatsoever, and I dont see myself upgrading any time soon as $199 for an upgrade is just too much... Especially when the regular upgrade/crossgrade is $35!

Thanks for nothing Line6....
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLetMeDrown View Post
Honestly I can't complain since everything I've paid for is working great, but I wish I could try this new software.
Download the demo?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave View Post
Download the demo?
Nah, I don't want to risk losing my models from the Platinum version again. They're handy for scratch guitars. I think I will sit this one out.
Gear Addict

For any Pod Farm Platinum users wanting to upgrade to V2, I was just on the phone to Line 6 support Europe..

Apparently the way to do it is to log in to your account online and click on 'store'. Then, in the Pod Farm window, there should be a drop-down menu for which type of hardware you're using - probably ilok for most people. That should then take you to another screen. Ignore the option that says 'upgrade' (naturally:-)) or any option that mentions 'Platinum' but instead click on the 'Pod Farm 2' option for $99. The support guy assured me that if you already have Platinum then this will give you the added V2 functionality.

It seemed so counter-intuitive to me that I'm holding out until someone else does it first. It's not just the $99 but the 30 mins on the phone to support if it doesn't work. Personally I prefer the layout and speed of use of the new version so I'd definitely buy although it seems a tad pricey for an improved layout.

Anyone out there managed to upgrade Platinum to 'Platinum 2' yet?
Lives for gear

Well, I just posted over at L6. Seems there's no upgrade path if you got the program as part of their giveaway last year. Only problem with that, since it's just a few new features, you're paying full price for something you basically already have. Guess not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySoul View Post
Well, I just posted over at L6. Seems there's no upgrade path if you got the program as part of their giveaway last year. Only problem with that, since it's just a few new features, you're paying full price for something you basically already have. Guess not...
Yeah, they missed a trick with that. Doesn't even have to be the "full discount," but imagine how many licenses they might sell if they priced a special "upgrade from the freebie" at $69.99, for example, compared to how many licenses they might not sell at all to people who just don't want to pay full price because of their sense of consumer-entitlement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinmusic View Post
For any Pod Farm Platinum users wanting to upgrade to V2, I was just on the phone to Line 6 support Europe..

Apparently the way to do it is to log in to your account online and click on 'store'. Then, in the Pod Farm window, there should be a drop-down menu for which type of hardware you're using - probably ilok for most people. That should then take you to another screen. Ignore the option that says 'upgrade' (naturally:-)) or any option that mentions 'Platinum' but instead click on the 'Pod Farm 2' option for $99. The support guy assured me that if you already have Platinum then this will give you the added V2 functionality.

It seemed so counter-intuitive to me that I'm holding out until someone else does it first. It's not just the $99 but the 30 mins on the phone to support if it doesn't work. Personally I prefer the layout and speed of use of the new version so I'd definitely buy although it seems a tad pricey for an improved layout.

Anyone out there managed to upgrade Platinum to 'Platinum 2' yet?
Yes, it worked fine for me...and I described the method you got from your support further down the page.
I paid $49 for a platinum to platinum2 upgrade.
Gear Maniac

for tho's who have updated from plaintum 1 to platinum 2, can you tell me if it its an additional license or if it makes you surender your old license.

reason i am asking is i have projects that use line 6 podfarm 1..

and if i buy the upgrade and install the upgrade.. will i have to reset all the settings with the new plugin?.. i'm in the middle of an album and dont know what to do.. should i just bounce the effects anyway since i'm happy with them? or will pod farm 2 take over podfarm 1 in its existance?\
Quote:
Originally Posted by avpmusik View Post
for tho's who have updated from plaintum 1 to platinum 2, can you tell me if it its an additional license or if it makes you surender your old license.

reason i am asking is i have projects that use line 6 podfarm 1..

and if i buy the upgrade and install the upgrade.. will i have to reset all the settings with the new plugin?.. i'm in the middle of an album and dont know what to do.. should i just bounce the effects anyway since i'm happy with them? or will pod farm 2 take over podfarm 1 in its existance?\
I still have the old platinum there ...so it's an addition.

Fantastic to get all the stomps as separate plugs
Lives for gear

Are there any improvements to the modeling and/or added cabs and/or micing scenarios?
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli P View Post
Yes, it worked fine for me...and I described the method you got from your support further down the page.
I paid $49 for a platinum to platinum2 upgrade.
Thanks, I might take the plunge then.. It was the bit about not selecting the 'Platinum' or 'Upgrade' options that seemed odd to me. I'm definitely not seeing $49 either - $99 for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubster View Post
Are there any improvements to the modeling and/or added cabs and/or micing scenarios?
Don't think so...it seems to be the same.
But the great thing with this upgrade, is the elements part...and the routing in the full plug-in is made more logical and flexible.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
Yeah, they missed a trick with that. Doesn't even have to be the "full discount," but imagine how many licenses they might sell if they priced a special "upgrade from the freebie" at $69.99, for example, compared to how many licenses they might not sell at all to people who just don't want to pay full price because of their sense of consumer-entitlement.
Almost EXACTLY what I posted over at their forum, except I said $49. Then, one of their staff responds, "The new features alone are worth $50" Would you believe it? You can't make this stuff up...
Lives for gear

Yeah, when I choose iLok as my device and go to the page, it says $99 and very clearly says Pod Farm 2. Right under that it says Pod Farm 2 Platinum $299. If I select Guitarport, then the page offers me the uprade for $34.99?! Guitarport has left the building. What a clusterfvck.
Lives for gear
So get a load of this...I bought Pod Farm last year and two days later, they offered it free...I contacted support and they were nice enough to upgrade me to Pod Farm Platinum. That was pretty awesome. Well, I called today to see how much the upgrade from Platinum to Platinum 2 would be and they are telling me that I would have to pay the full price to upgrade. They considered the upgrade they gave me previously as a compensation and it is not considered that I have Pod Farm Platinum. Since I paid $99 for Pod Farm, I asked if there was an upgrade from PF1 to PFP2...they said there wasn't. So...I won't be upgrading any more Line 6 products.
I appreciate their support, but it was a little bait and switch since they don't show me as a "full" owner of PFP. I've only bought 3 PODS, 1 POD Pro, 2 variax's, Gearbox and Pod farm from them...
Lives for gear

Yeah, that's kinda how I feel. I've shelled out $300, but I'm no longer a real customer since I was "comped" PFP as a bailout for the Line6 support team. Anyway, I haven't heard any compelling feedback to fuel another $300 purchase.

I guess the real question I should be asking: If I pay another $300 will I get to be a real customer from now on? Or will I get the axe again when PF3 comes out?
Old 1st April 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, that's kinda how I feel. I've shelled out $300, but I'm no longer a real customer since I was "comped" PFP as a bailout for the Line6 support team. Anyway, I haven't heard any compelling feedback to fuel another $300 purchase.

I guess the real question I should be asking: If I pay another $300 will I get to be a real customer from now on? Or will I get the axe again when PF3 comes out?
I'm in the same exact situation, and I'm guessing we'll get the axe on this eventually.

The thing for me was that I already had access to PodFarm Platinum b/c I own the X3 Live. It was only when getting their 'free' iLok version that everything got screwed up, so they comped me the iLok Platinum version.

I generally like their guitar/bass amp models, but man, they really need to get their act together when it comes to plugin-only stuff. There are just too many good alternatives now...
Old 1st April 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Well, in all honesty, their stuff pales in comparison to Amplitube 3...but I do use the delays on vox sometimes...
Old 2nd April 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Just got off the phone with them and just, wow. This company has got to win some kind of award for how they are strategically driving themselves into the ground. There are no differences in the number or quality of the models, amps, cabinets, mics or otherwise. This is simply a better thought out implementation of the same exact plug - why bother? Plus, they are not offering any upgrade paths at all to those who were comped iLok Platinum licenses due to Line 6's own mistake (they are totally missing an opportunity there - they could charge more to those customers for an upgrade but less than the full license cost). While the "free" POD Farm iLok license promotion was poorly implemented (and the reason many PODxt + Model Pack users were comp'd the platinum license), it would have been a very smart move, if they had provided an upgrade path to V2 or V2 Platinum (again, at a higher price point than the normal upgrade path, but lower than having to buy a new license) but they don't.

So let's see: a version 2 with no sonic improvement whatsoever, offering some users who have about $400 dollars invested in the PODxt/Model Packs combo no real upgrade path, saying "tough ****" to a lot of customers who put up with the stupid POD-as-dongle strategy originally put forth and failing to build on the momentum of what could have been a very successful promotion by failing to offer any upgrade path at all. Genius. Not to mention the fiasco when they rolled out that iPhone app at one of the Apple announcement and their app failed to work through pretty much %100 of their presentation. Wonder how much of that wasted R&D time could have gone into improving POD Farm sonically? Did I mention that most of their "interfaces" have been buggy as all hell (at least on Macs). Something has gone terribly wrong at this company - hope they take care of whatever that is.
Old 2nd April 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Once again, the Line 6 models pale in comparison to Amplitube 3...I like the way they implement their effects, especially in V2, but SCREW paying $200 for it.
Old 3rd April 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Good to know. Thanks. Can you confirm that they are the exact same models as in V1?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Good to know. Thanks. Can you confirm that they are the exact same models as in V1?
According to the tech support rep at Line 6 I spoke with this morning, there is no difference whatsoever in terms of the modeling or anything sonically. Only new elements are the routing flexibility, midi stuff and the "elements" thing. Dumb, dumb, dumb moves all around for Line 6. I don't get what they're thinking.
Gear Addict

Line 6 just comped me the new Platinum 2.. which was nice seeing as they also comped me the original version after making the basic version free (which I'd bought). All I did was fill out an online support request saying that I couldn't work out how to upgrade the version I had. I think because they don't have email exchanges with customers they take broad strokes, like 'comping' instead of replying.

It would be absurd to complain under the circumstances but, to all version one users, it's only the interface that's changed (for the better too). The sound engine is identical.

I actually quite like Pod Farm if you're prepared to build your own sounds up from scratch. I think that the presets don't really do it justice - and the volume matching is all over the place. Incidentally, I also have a Pod XT, Guitar Rig 3 and Amplitube Jimi Hendrix too and the ones that I get the best results from (by far) are the Pod hardware and the Hendrix plugin.
Old 2nd July 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Platinum seems to commonly be $150 and $50 for Pod Farm, ATM.

I still think they should have offered the free users PF2 for $35 or less.

I'd have probably done that without thinking, but I'm hesitant to even drop 50 on it now.
Old 2nd July 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Yeah, they seem to have found a new way to eff things up here.
I tried to "upgrade" my iLok Pod Farm Platinum v1 to Platinum v2, but they wouldn't do it, since I was comped the v1 license after they screwed up with the iLok versions and I lost my expansion packs. Just very, very messy.

It seems their biggest mistake was maybe not having a way to transfer your model pack licenses to your iLok. That's really where things got screwed up, and then they had to start comping all these licenses, and now they still have a mess on their hands.

In the long run, I'm afraid Line 6 may end up looking like a hardware company that just never managed to figure out how to play the plugin game. After the original Amp/Echo Farms, they just seem to have lost the ability to make good technical decisions in regards to platform. There may still be time for them to turn the ship, but it's not looking too good right now from where I sit. Just my opinion...
Old 28th November 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubster View Post
Something has gone terribly wrong at this company - hope they take care of whatever that is.
I figured that out 5+ years ago when going through the motions with my PODxt Pro...

It seems to be a top-down issue, and I don't see them surviving much longer
📝 Reply